PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to PetTalk - the timeouts might be working.

catland
05-03-2005, 02:57 PM
A few days back there was the sad post from Krazyaboutkats who had to rehome Cirrus.:(

My situation with my kitties was far less severe, but was starting to get annoying none the less. So I started using the "timeout" suggestion to calm the tensions between Sidney and Strauss.

Its really quite fun. I can see when one the little stinkers are about to cross the line with one or the other and I just scoop up the offender and lock him in a back bedroom for a few minutes. They really hate it and it does seem to difuse the situation. So far the score is Strauss- 2 lockups, Sidney - 1 lockup.

kittycats_delight
05-03-2005, 03:03 PM
I'm really glad he time outs are working in your favor.

K & L
05-03-2005, 03:03 PM
We had to do this with Mouser, and look how we found him after one of his time outs!:D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid148/p8a4cd26aba09fb3735c4a63f98c51849/f610d443.jpg

CalliesMom
05-03-2005, 03:29 PM
We've gotten to the point where we have to completely separate Shadow from Whisper as he will not leave her alone causing her to pee in anger. She seems content being in the room while we are gone and no one is bothering her anymore. Callie stays with her (she's there right now actually) and they watch the birdies together through the window. I would hate to rehome her or him as I love them both and right now the situation seems to be working out--if I ever thought she was unhappy, I would probably have to go to rehome one of them. :( Let's hope it never comes to that.

moosmom
05-03-2005, 05:48 PM
I've had to do "time-outs" too with MooShoo when he decides to get frisky with Mollie Rose (my 11 year old tortie).

Ya gotta love the boy! But sometimes he just doesn't know he can't if-ya-know-what-I-mean, but I give him an A+ for trying.

I just close him in the bathroom for a couple minutes and then he calms down.

catland
05-03-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
Ya gotta love the boy! But sometimes he just doesn't know he can't if-ya-know-what-I-mean, but I give him an A+ for trying.

sounds like another chorus of the batonga-wonga blues.:D ;)

catmandu
05-03-2005, 07:03 PM
I would do timeouts,with Scrappy 2,but she hates,being picked up,I still have scars,from when I had,to put her,into a cage,for her checkups!She is Mischief,incarnate,and I love her!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture048.jpg