PDA

View Full Version : Fister and his Fresh Flow

Randi
05-03-2005, 11:08 AM
Last week I put the Fresh Flow fountain up for Fister. He had to check it out immediately, but when I turned it on he ran. :eek: However, he IS drinking from it during the night - when it's off. :rolleyes: He'll soon get used to it. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/Fister/F-looks-at-fountain.jpg
Carefully checking this new monster

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/Fister/F-drinks-from-fountain.jpg
I think I'll try it!

Edwina's Secretary
05-03-2005, 11:11 AM
He will love it (I don't know if he will love it as much as I love that rug though.....:D ;) :D )

When I first got Edwina a fresh flow she would drink out of it. Finally...I took away all other sources of water and she began to drink out of it. Now she loves and drinks so much more water.

Killearn Kitties
05-03-2005, 11:22 AM
Aww, poor Fister! Our cats are like that too, they would probably run away from it. I'm sure he will get used to it soon.
The rug is lovely!

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-03-2005, 11:50 AM
Good luck with your new fountain, Fister!! don't get skared by the sound that monster makes, you are the boss!! We used to have one too, and Maya drank right from the fountain!

QueenScoopalot
05-03-2005, 01:45 PM
I'd need a lot of them here! I have a few cats with "drinking problems" so I'm sure that they'd manage to trash it in no time. :rolleyes: I keep large bowls of water in a plastic tote type bin to avoid mopping up gallons of water every day! I'm willing to bet Fister will be drinking from it soon. ;) Handsome boy. :)

RedHedd
05-03-2005, 02:18 PM
Cute pics! It's taken my two a few weeks to get used to the gurgling monster, but they are drinking from it. I moved it to Mitzi's feeding station as Mishi decided he preferred the bathtub faucet over the FreshFlow fountain at his station. Now they're both drinking from it.

slick
05-03-2005, 02:34 PM
Yeah! You finally got it! Good to see you Fister Boy! Don't worry, you'll get used to that monster soon or later. :)

moosmom
05-03-2005, 05:50 PM
Randi,

My cats have the EXACT same fountain by Petmate. They love it! The noise doesn't bother them at all. He'll get used to it.

catmandu
05-03-2005, 08:21 PM
The Found Cats,ahve that excat same Fountain,although,the flowing,does not always work,they drink,out of it,all the time,except when it gets noisy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1130.jpg

And we are glad,that Fister,is getting Cold Fresh Water,on demand!

sirrahbed
05-03-2005, 08:23 PM
Yeah Fister!!! I was wondering if Meowmie put it up for you yet!!

He'll get used to it Randi - takes awhile - but all five of mine love it now...especially drinking right from the bubbler:D

moosmom
05-03-2005, 10:30 PM
Gary,

If you're having trouble getting the fountain to flow, you need to take the pump apart and thoroughly clean it.

If you have the directions that came with the fountain, read them. It tells you step by step how to take it apart and clean the little rotar that makes the fountain flow. If you don't have the directions, let me know. I'll send you a PM on the instructions.

I take mine apart once a month and thoroughly clean it.

nibblets
05-04-2005, 09:27 AM
I take mine apart and clean it regularly because Julies cat hair will get in there and clog up the water intake on the pump. Ours is very quiet once the water starts flowing. It only makes noise when it is filling up and beginning to flow or when the water level is too low.
Julie was leary of it at first but she saw Buddy drinking from it and she tried it out. They both love it and drink plenty of water every day.

Jods
05-04-2005, 09:29 AM
mine gets noisey when its not full so just add some more water and it should stop.

Great pics of Fister I'm sure he'll love it soon enough!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-04-2005, 09:54 AM
Yeah Fister! It's so good to see you again! Don't worry about the mean old water monster - he won't hurt you and you'll actually grow to really like him. ;) :D

momoffuzzyfaces
05-04-2005, 12:41 PM
Good boy, Fister! Show that new monster you are the boss! I bet you'll love it!

Great pictures Randi!:D

NoahsMommy
05-04-2005, 12:44 PM
Aww! Its great to see you, Fister!! :)

I had to leave it off for a while too when we first got ours...the sound scared the cats a bit. Now they're use to it.

Randi
05-04-2005, 03:07 PM
Judging from the huge pee bisquit in his box this morning, he must be drinking quite a lot during night when it's off! However, I have seen him in front of it when it's on. :)

How often do you change the water? I do once every day.

orangemm
05-04-2005, 04:43 PM
Our boys LOVE the PetMate. Archy used to drink my little rock fountain almost dry, so the PM is a godsend. He had no trouble with it, but he's a very curious guy and unafraid.

You do have to make sure the little pump doesn't get clogged with pet hair. I use a toothbrush to gently clean it once a week.

Archy also uses it to 'wash' his pet mice and the pipe cleaners!

sirrahbed
05-04-2005, 07:36 PM
Randi - I only change the water every few days for my crew of five unless I see debris in the water - it seems to stay very fresh! Every few days I dump everything and spray it out with the sink hose. I take it apart at least once a month and scrub everything and start fresh. I also change filters when they start looking dingy which is usually every three months or so. I have had mine about two years?? now and even though I scrub it. there are mineral deposits on it here and is starting to look dingy even though I know it is very clean.

Vio&Juni
05-05-2005, 02:18 PM
He looks so funny, approaching it with care :)

I wonder if Pichu would like one. He's licking the water drops from the plants when I spay them (one would think we never give him food or water :) )