PDA

View Full Version : puppy for gramma and grampa

beeniesmom
05-03-2005, 10:32 AM
Hi,

This is my first post.
I'm glad to have joined this wonderful site!

I'd really like some suggestions as to how I can convince my in-laws that they really should adopt a pooch. I'll tell you about the background....

Holley, was thier "Baby" for 11 years. She passed on about 18 months ago. She was a lovely Boston terrier.
A few months after she passed on, my husband and I decided that it was time for us to adopt a lil doggy. We just happened to have fallen in love with a lil Boston.

I think our Beenie reminds them of Holley. They always want us to visit (with Beenie) and want to keep her often. If we don't visit, they get "Beeniesick" and need to come over just to spend a few hours with the grandoggie.

I really think they should adopt a lil one of their own. I don't mind sharing but I think they would be happier with a baby of their own. They would be able to spend as much time as they wish with him/her. Everytime I bring up the subject, they always say "no way" because they are afraid of the pain of eventually losing another one...

robinh
05-03-2005, 10:51 AM
Welcome, we'd like to see pictures of your Beenie.

I don't know if you can convince your in-laws to get another dog. But you can mention that "Holley would want them to share all their love with another furkid".

Ginger's Mom
05-03-2005, 10:57 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk, Beeniesmom. :) Hmm...not sure what to tell you about your in-laws. The hurt of losing a furbaby takes different amounts of time for different people. Maybe if you see a sweet Boston Terrier at the local shelter sometime, yyou may mention it to them. They may change their minds and save a shelter dog at the same time. But, that is a decision they need to make themselves.

In the meantime, it is nice that you are willing to share Beenie with them, and I am sure that Beenie enjoys the extra attention from Grandma and Grandpa. I can't wait to see pictures of Beenie :)

beeniesmom
05-03-2005, 11:01 AM
here are some beenie pics