PDA

View Full Version : Veterinarian Technician

jesse_3
05-02-2005, 11:01 PM
I want to be a veterinarian technician, and I was wondering if anyone on PT is one, or wants to be one?

Who
05-02-2005, 11:27 PM
My sister does. I don't know much about it though. If you want to talk to her I could get her to come to the comp.

caseysmom
05-03-2005, 09:49 AM
luckies4me just got a job doing that.

Desert Arabian
05-03-2005, 09:51 AM
Yes, I have been thinking about going out to Denver, Colorado and attending Bel-Rea for their equine veterinarian technician program. Once I finished there I might transfer over to another college and continue education or I might not. If this plan does not work then I am staying here in Wisconsin and going to school for a degree in nursing. :p

Suki Wingy
05-03-2005, 09:52 AM
I did for a while, but I decided to go for archaeology and handling insted. I would love to learn to why sometime in my life so I could buy a prop plane instead of an rv to travel to shows in 1/2 the time!

cocker_luva
05-03-2005, 10:27 PM
i was gonna be an equine vet tech...but now im gonna be a dog groomer.

aly
05-03-2005, 10:33 PM
I work for a vet and do all the things that our techs do, but I'm not labeled as a tech since I don't have the schooling in that area.

So far its been a very educational experience.

ILoveReptiles
05-03-2005, 10:40 PM
When I first started college, I was dead set on becoming a Veterinarian. I was enrolled in the Animal Science Pre Veterinary program at Rutgers University.

Then I discovered that I am allergic to just about everything with fur, and squeamish around blood. Also, my grades weren't good enough to get into any decent graduate school (it's EXTREMELY competitive)...

So now, I'm a Computer Systems Engineer/Senior Software Engineer/Web Applications Developer. ;)

LKPike
05-04-2005, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover
Yes, I have been thinking about going out to Denver, Colorado and attending Bel-Rea

copy cat :p

I requested information book[let] once, they also sent forms! :)

but then I chickened out and didnt send them in :(

I'd like to go in the next 3-4 years :)

lv4dogs
05-04-2005, 12:52 PM
I was not a vet tech by label but I did EVERYTHING they do, I was a vet assistant. For a little over 5 years plus I had a 2 year internship prior to that.
I LOVED it & should not of quit. I quit to work at my families business.

countrycowgirl
05-05-2005, 05:14 PM
I am interested in being one I want to go to the Tomball collage.... I can't help you out to much cause I am just starting to learn about it and read up on it but it is very facinating! .....if you ever want to talk about this stuff you can pm me:D .....also I am wondering to if anyone has any info or links!:D

Slinky_Disney_KG
05-05-2005, 06:59 PM
I really want to become a veterinarian some day!

Corinna
05-05-2005, 07:14 PM
Add me to the been there done that but no title.

jesse_3
05-06-2005, 12:11 AM
Thanks for replying everyone! I didn't know that a lot of people knew what that was...lol!!! That is all so awesome!

bckrazy
05-06-2005, 12:36 AM
I would love to get into veterinary medicine, too! I've been through the Animal Health ROP program and worked at a vet/kennel, its really exciting, interesting, and you get to help out animals :) I have learned that you need to be good with people too, and you have to put up with a lot of dumb owners. .

jesse_3
05-06-2005, 12:44 AM
bckrazy....That is great!! LOL!! I've heard that you have to put up with dumb people too!

Toby's my baby
05-06-2005, 07:50 PM
I would like to be a Veterinarian Tech. I have since I was about 4, I now have been interested in being a nurse... I guess we will have to wait and see...

I would like to do something with animals though... maybe a shelter owner...?

wolfsoul
05-06-2005, 08:24 PM
It's definatly one of my top choices. However I'm set on becoming a groomer and I'd eventually like to own my own animal shelter. :)

jesse_3
05-06-2005, 10:10 PM
Personally, I refuse toi do anything but work with animals! I've looked at other careers and they just haven't seemed to fit! I have though of a groomer too, but, I don't know, I'm beter with medicine than hair/fur/!!