PDA

View Full Version : Why did I torture myself!

Uabassoon
05-02-2005, 10:17 PM
Today Alexa and I went to the humane society, and I ran into this sweetheart. I just wanted to bring her home so bad, she looked so sweet and looked so sad in her kennel. She was there with her mom, dad and brother. How could someone breed them then drop off all 4 of them :(.

While I was there petting her, her mom got adopted. I'm happy that she at least found a good home.

Alexa and I talked for a long time, we both wanted to rescue her so badly but we just don't see her being happy in a townhouse without having her own yard and we didn't think it would be fair for her. I just hope she finds a wonderful home with a nice big yard for her to run and play in.

Please pray that this sweetie finds a good home. There was just something so special about her and I can't stop thinking about her.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/lickitung/AZ15.jpg

This is her dad
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/lickitung/azdog2.jpg

and her brother
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/lickitung/azdog3.jpg

I don't have a picture of the mom because the shelter already took her picture off the website since she has been adopted. They just all look so sad, poor babies.

LuckiLab03
05-02-2005, 10:22 PM
Wow.. the dad looks younger than his daughter! They sure are cuties though. I saw a puppy in petsmart that was like a skinny black lab with white feet. I was playing with her (riley was there too) for about 10 minutes and I was on the verge of tears when we left. It must be sad for all these dogs to see people come in and out and the dogs think they are going to get a home that day but then nobody takes them. :( It breaks my heart, as it does the rest of us..

bckrazy
05-02-2005, 10:22 PM
aww! she is adorrable! she looks like a fuzzy bloodhound :p what a sweet girl. . I also hope she finds a loving home, along with her Dad and Brother. I agree, whoever bred those dogs then dumped them like trash are horrible horrible worthless people! they all look so sweet and sad. . :( aw, look at their dirty little noses!

Just to give my opinion ;) I know a bunch of people with large, active, healthy dogs that live in apartments/condos! One of my best friends lives in an apartment with her yellow Lab, and he's very happy and well-exercised. . he gets to go to the dog park or a local fenced-in soccer field every day to play and he gets several walks. It is do-able. . . but of course you're a better judge than me :)

anna_66
05-02-2005, 10:36 PM
I can imagine how hard it was:( I do hope they all find a wonderful forever home.

Oggyflute
05-02-2005, 11:50 PM
Hope they find homes soon.:( When we adopted Possum, we specifically targeted foster carers, as the thought of seeing all those puppys wanting homes would be to much to bear. As it turned out we only went to one, as Carole loved Possum immeadiately.:) Maybe a smaller puppy might suit mate?

lute
05-03-2005, 10:04 AM
the whole family looks so sad.:( i hope they all get adopted into nice homes.

LauraT7
05-04-2005, 01:13 PM
Oh just LOOk at those sweet, long, soft ears..... and such a sad, sweet expression!

I bet she won't be there long.... or the rest of her family either. But I can see why she grabbed your heart - she's just longing for somebody to love!

laura

sasvermont
05-04-2005, 01:20 PM
I just hate the way some people discard their animals. And how they treat them like chattel....and not pets. Also, I cannot get over how some folks let their animals reproduce, knowing full well that the poor animals are at risk to begin with - and then to add another generation. Some folks are just so stupid. I surely hope these guys find happy homes. My, my, I wish I could scoop up these pups and bring them to my home.

Sorry for the rant.

dukedogsmom
05-04-2005, 02:32 PM
This breaks my heart.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/lickitung/azdog2.jpg
How I would love to be able to put a big smile on that sad face and happiness in those eyes. And I agree about dogs in condos. She would be so much better off than in that place. She would have a home.

LKPike
05-04-2005, 09:12 PM
gaaaah!! now I'm crying :rolleyes:

they DO all look sad :( their eyes look teary, like theyve been crying for days :( poor poor babies :(