PDA

View Full Version : Leila's anniversary & Claudia's pink incident!

Jayna78
05-02-2005, 07:49 PM
Yesterday, 5/1/05, was the 2-year anniversary of our adoption of Leila. I can't believe it's already been 2 years! :) Funny thing is, right after we adopted her, we moved to St. Louis (2 months later), and now, right after her 2-year anniversary, we're moving once again, only now, it's just a few miles away.

In other news, Claudia did something crazy...we're in the process of moving for the next couple of weeks, and as such, Brent (my husband) has taken down his percussion equipment and put it into containers, etc. Well, he still had one conga drum sitting in our front room, and I was supposed to bring it to the new house, but I couldn't fit it in my car with all the other stuff and the vacuum, so I left it here, but put it on its side because it no longer had its stand and I thought it would damage the head if I sat it upside-down. Well, for several hours as we were gone at the other house doing work, Claudia didn't play in the drum, but after we went to sleep, evidently she decided to crawl in there! It wouldn't be so silly except that she turned pink!!! The drum's wood is a nice red stain and on the inside, it turns stuff pink, so Claudia's white fur was pink in spots (still is pink on the paws, but very little anywhere else). Needless to say, it made us laugh when we woke up to see her like that. We gave her a bath (this was all yesterday morning), which she didn't really like, but once she was dry, she wasn't very pink anymore, so I guess the little bit that's left will wear off. Isn't that silly?

Oh, and by the way, if I'm not on much later in the week and next week, it's because we're moving and our stupid phone company says it will take 5 days to switch our DSL Internet from our old phone number to our new. What an annoyance!! Yikes. I can't really do the Internet at work very much either, so it's very frustrating. Oh well. :) Hope you all have a great week!

catmandu
05-02-2005, 07:54 PM
Isnt that the way,that when you need something,it takes these Companies,forever ,to do things,except,for billing,you.That they do,in a Hurry! Good Luck,on your move! And The Found Cats,and I are a little disappointed,that there are no Photos,of Little Pinkette!

Jayna78
05-02-2005, 08:05 PM
I'm going to try and take a picture of her pink paws, but yesterday, we were mostly concerned with getting her clean again, just in case the dye wasn't good for her to be licking when she cleans herself! :)

That's the truth about those stupid companies - bills are immediate, service is always slow and secondary!