PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Sunny California!

ramanth
05-02-2005, 02:01 PM
Hey gang!

Not sure if Wolflady or RedHedd started a thread or not.... I'm on a time limit on the IUG comps.

Just wanted to say that I made it here safely and I love it here! The weather is so nice and the views are gorgeous.

I think I have sunburn. LOL!

It was so great meeting RedHedd and Wolflady. After my seminar today I'm going to hop a Cable Car and take a walk (uphill) to Telegraph Hill and the Coit Tower.

I'll try to check in again before I leave but I've heard that at past IUG's the lines are horrible. I was first in line today. ;) :D

Ciao!

RedHedd
05-02-2005, 02:12 PM
YAY! I was hoping you'd get online. Have fun on the cable cars and don't forget sunscreen! You lucked out with the sun coming out finally! I can do dinner tomorrow if you're up for it and will make sure you see everything you haven't seen yet that you want to see -- Georgia

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-02-2005, 03:18 PM
aw.... you are in San Fransisco ?? LUCKY YOU!! That is a beautiful city! I was on Telegraph Hill and Coit Tower too! You have a super view on the city from up there! Don't forget to go to the Fishermen's Warf!!
And eh..... take tons of pics ;) :)

popcornbird
05-02-2005, 03:22 PM
Hey! Welcome to California! ;) Hope you're having fun in our part of the world. ;) The weather's GORGEOUS these days, so, enjoy it, and hope it doesn't start raining again. (he he he)

luvofallhorses
05-02-2005, 03:22 PM
I didn't know you were going there, but anyways have a fun fullfilled and safe trip and oh yeah try to get tons of pics!!!! Did any of your pets go with you? :)

RedHedd
05-02-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by luvofallhorses
Did any of your pets go with you? :) No, I tried to get her to sneak Zam into her suitcase .... but all her fur kids stayed home.

luvofallhorses
05-02-2005, 03:29 PM
Oh okay :)

IRescue452
05-02-2005, 03:35 PM
Hello from icy cold, snow-isn't-done-yet Wisconsin. Jealousy vibes being sent your way. Please send sun! Have fun, don't forget the sunglasses. :cool:

caseysmom
05-02-2005, 03:59 PM
Welcome to California!!!!

NoahsMommy
05-02-2005, 04:20 PM
That's a long trek up to Coit Tower!! But its gorgeous!! Have fun, hon! :)

sandragonfly
05-02-2005, 08:57 PM
bye bye michigan! and hello! *echoing* welcome to my bay area... :D

coit is champ, bet you loved the artworks and view? if you want something better too,... wolflady or redhedd, take her to Twin Peaks! you'll feel like you have seen a half of this earth..

enjoy more safe days!

ramanth
05-03-2005, 10:09 AM
It's 8 a.m. here. The free computer lab was supposed to open at 7:30 a.m. (I was first in line again ;) ) but the system was down. But I'm on now! With 1 minute left to go. Eeek!

After another interesting seminar, I hopped a cable car and got off at Lombard St. Went uphill and got a gorgeous view of the city from Coit Tower. Afterwards I wandered over to Fisherman's Wharf again and had dinner. Then I headed to the nearest cable car station and headed back to Market Street.

Took a short nap at the hotel and headed off to the reception at the Palace Hotel. That place is stunning. And IUG went all out. The desserts and treats were delicious and it was a free bar!! :D ;)

I have a full day today. I'm meeting up with my co-workers at 7 p.m. to have dinner. I haven't seen them at all yet.

The people here are very nice. Even the other tourists chat with you while waiting in line. I've met people from Australia, Scotland, London, etc. I love this city.

*HUGS*

Ginger's Mom
05-03-2005, 10:34 AM
Oh Yay, Kim, it sounds like you are having a wonderful time. :D I am so glad. I can't wait until you get home and are able to share all of the wonderful tales and pictures of your trip. (I am quite jealous).

RedHedd
05-03-2005, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Gina's Ark Inc.
redhedd, take her to Twin Peaks! you'll feel like you have seen a half of this earth. LOL! What's so funny is that I know where Twin Peaks is, but I don't go there too often .... I had to look it up on MapQuest to find out the best way to get there - and I've lived here my whole life! :rolleyes:

I'm taking her up there tomorrow early evening ... and then I'm plotting to do some of my favorite "hill jumping." When I'm depressed I take a drive up and down some of San Francisco's steepest hills where we have the most magnificent vistas. My very favorite is from the top of Fillmore Street headed down towards the Bay from Pacific Heights - it's one of the most breathtaking views of the Golden Gate Bridge, Mt. Tam, the Bay, etc. I just hope the weather holds up as they're predicting rain for tonight and tomorrow.

wolflady
05-03-2005, 06:30 PM
I thought I would post my LJ entry here for everyone, since I hadn't posted anything yet. I still have to upload pictures, so hopefully I'll get them uploaded soon and will share them here too! :)

I had the pleasure of meeting up with Kimmy this weekend, and she was an absolute delight! She flew into San Francisco on Saturday where Redhedd picked her up. It's always fun meeting a new PTer face-to-face :-)
Redhedd suggested that we all have lunch at the Cliff House, so Aaron and I just met them there around 1:30 on Saturday. I have previously met Redhedd at the local cat shows, so at least I knew whom to look for! ;-)
So, we had a totally fabulous and yummy lunch at the Cliff House (http://www.cliffhouse.com/), which also has very nice views of the Pacific. Kimmy and I had something called the "Ben Butler Sandwich",(a Dungeness Crab Meat on grilled Sourdough with melted Cheddar open-faced, served with mixed Greens) which was REALLY yummy! After lunch, we drove into the tourist trap part of San Fran. We just had to visit Pier 39 and Ghirardelli Square. On our way to Pier 39, we ran into the "dog guy" and his 3 dogs. Leave it to PTers to find pet-related things. *laughs* This guy was dressed as a dog, and had his 3 dogs dressed up with sunglasses and hats. He would take a donation and take a picture of you and his 3 dogs. It was so sweet. Of course, we just had to participate! After that we went along to Pier 39 and saw the seals and "the bush man" who actually scared a very clueless couple. We laughed and went to the pearl shop where Kimmy picked an oyster and got a pearl! It was fun! :D

Then, we went on to get ice cream. It's an absolute must to get a sundae at Ghirardelli because they are so yummy! :-)

On Sunday, we went to Marin Headlands for the fantastic views of the Golden Gate Bridge and then on to a beach so Kimmy could touch the Pacific Ocean and feel how cold it is! :-) Then we went to China Town for the chintzy shops (I had to get some buddhas and dragons for my collection) and of course to grab dinner. We went to the Far East cafe in China Town for some good eats, and even got to see dragon dancers and enjoy a long set of really loud fire crackers. I think we hit a fair amount of sites in two days, and I had a really fun time!

It was so nice meeting you Kimmy! I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay! :D

**hugs**
Karen

lizbud
05-03-2005, 06:37 PM
Wow, it sounds like a very fun & exciting day of sight seeing.:D
I almost felt like I was there.;) Wonder how much a ticket to
San Francisco is ?:p

CathyBogart
05-03-2005, 07:12 PM
Welcome to California! Any plans to be in the San Jose area? :)

ramanth
05-03-2005, 07:36 PM
This day just flew by! I've been in sessions since 9 a.m. It's now 5:30 p.m. and I'm jumping on real quick to say hi. Then I'm heading to my hotel for a power nap, then having dinner with my coworkers at 7. Later tonight or tomorrow night I'm going out to a club with my friend Dave. Yay dancing! *lol*

This trip has been an absolute blast. :)

wolflady
05-03-2005, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
This day just flew by! I've been in sessions since 9 a.m. It's now 5:30 p.m. and I'm jumping on real quick to say hi. Then I'm heading to my hotel for a power nap, then having dinner with my coworkers at 7. Later tonight or tomorrow night I'm going out to a club with my friend Dave. Yay dancing! *lol*

This trip has been an absolute blast. :)

Cool! Which club? If it's open, check out Ruby Skye or the 1015. Both awesome club spots!

**hugs**

anna_66
05-03-2005, 09:09 PM
Oh Kim it sounds like you having a wonderful time in Cali, I wish I could be there with you!

Chica
05-03-2005, 09:42 PM
HOPE YOU ARE HAVING FUN IN SUNNY CALIFORNIA! :D

ramanth
05-04-2005, 10:40 AM
Supposed to get rain today, but it's still pretty nice out. Not like back home. When I talked to mom on Monday she said it had snowed!! :eek:

I think this will probably be the last time I'm able to get online before I leave (unless I want to pay).

Had a great time at dinner with my co-workers. Afterwards, Ron, Kori, Helen, and I went to a nearby bar for a drink.

Dave had called and had to work late again, so no dancing last night. Hopefully we'll get a chance tonight.

This trip has been a lot of fun. I've learned a lot at these seminars. I don't really want to leave, but I am starting to get a little homesick and I'm anxious to put to use the new stuff I've learned.

I miss my fur kids.

caseysmom
05-04-2005, 10:51 AM
Did you make it to pier 39?

ramanth
05-04-2005, 02:40 PM
Yes I did. :) The seals are very cool.

No line at lunch! *gasp* Had lunch at Lori's Dinner. Great burger. mmmm.

I have another session at 1:30 and then another at 3.

And that will be it for IUG. Meeting RedHedd for dinner. :D

RedHedd
05-05-2005, 11:48 AM
Gina, thanks for the idea of taking Kim up to Twin Peaks; unfortunately the weather last night did not cooperate as it was gray and rainy. We DID drive up there and got a wonderful view of .... tons of FOG and rain. It was so gray we couldn't see a thing. Kim did take pics of all the grayness :D but I think the best shot she got was of the street sign that said Twin Peaks. :rolleyes: Maybe next time ....

Then I took her down some steep hills through lots of traffic. We ended the journey in my neighborhood where we met her friend Dave, who just moved to the Bay Area a couple of weeks ago. We ate at one of my current favorite restaurants on the street where I live. It's an Indian restaurant and the food was yummy.

Afterwards we went up to my very messy apartment that's currently in the midst of moving - lots of boxes and dust abound! I was quite embarassed to have people see the mess, but Kim wanted to meet the cats. Mishi was meowing at the door when we arrived, however Mitzi high-tailed it for under the bed when she realized strangers were in her house and even treats wouldn't coax her out to meet company. She's my shy cat.

I think Kim got many good pics and even some video of Mishi being the silly, goofy ham he is.

Kim, I hope you and Dave didn't get lost getting back to your hotel. Did you guys go out dancing too? I hope you enjoyed your stay in our beautiful City and that you have a safe trip home. It's always wonderful meeting PT people f2f! :)

moosmom
05-05-2005, 09:44 PM
Kimmy,

Glad to hear you got there safe. Can't wait to see the pictures!!

RedHedd,

Can't wait to put a face with a post! ;)

RedHedd
05-06-2005, 08:43 PM
Kim called me this evening while I was commuting back home from work.

Her flight got her home safely last night and she slept most of today. She's staying at her parents this weekend and won't have a computer or Internet connection until Monday.

She asked that I post to let everyone know she's safely back home and will be posting pics Monday.

It was SO nice to meet another PT person f2f.

I think Edwina's Secretary is the next to come to the S.F. area, next week? Sara, let me know! Georgia

ramanth
05-09-2005, 10:03 AM
I'm back! :D

What a great time. I need to sort thru my brain or maybe I just need a vacation after my vacation. :D *laughs*

It was so great meeting RedHedd, Wolflady, her hubby, and Mishi. (And seeing Mitzi's tail ;) )

The batteries in my camera are officially dead, so I need to get them charged up before I can download pics.

Hope everyone has been well. :)

wolflady
05-09-2005, 01:04 PM
Yay! I'm glad to know that you made it safely home and had a good time in the city! :) It was so nice to meet you and I hope you can come out again sometime! ;)

**hugs**
Karen

Aaron still hasn't uploaded the pictures yet... :o I'll see if I can make him do it tonight! LOL ;)

Also, we could snail-mail you a CD with all of the pictures on it if you'd like. Shoot me an email with your address if you'd like for us to do that.
**hugs**

anna_66
05-09-2005, 05:12 PM
Kim I'm glad to hear you made it home safe and sound! Glad to hear you had a good time:D