PDA

View Full Version : Humane Society wants to have Annie PTS!

Soapets
05-02-2005, 09:58 AM
I am so upset! I went to the Humane Society this morning to report Annie's sneezing, and they said they don't medicate kittens that young, and just to bring her back to them. I couldn't believe my ears! She's still eating, although not as much as I think she should be eating. But she did better this morning than yesterday.

I asked if I could just keep her a little longer and see how she does. (THANK GOD I didn't take her with me when I went over there this morning!) They said I can keep her for now, but if/when she stops eating totally, to bring her back to them (so she doesn't suffer too much from starvation, I'm guessing, although they didn't come right out and say it).

I called my Vet. as soon as I left the Humane Society, and explained the situation to him. I told him I'd pay for any medication she might need, and he said he'd get some medicine prepared for her that we can try. I took some pictures of her over to show to them at the Vet. Hospital. They started her on Amoxi drops.

I haven't had much experience with this kind of thing, so maybe I'm in for a big heartbreak, but I just can't take her back there without doing everything I can to try to help her first. I called my husband at work after I picked up her medicine, and told him everything. He couldn't believe it, either. He said there's no way we're going to take her back to the Humane Society without trying everything we can first.

I'm going to post two more pictures of her here:

This one was taken last night with my Polaroid camera, as she was sleeping:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid167/p19347df378e51a99f88988c6305d26ce/f4441ef8.jpg

This one was taken just this morning as she was cuddled up between the heating pad (to her back) and the hot water bottle (to her front) both under the towel:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid167/p50292289976212d8a720b57cb0525563/f4442136.jpg

PLEASE keep Annie in your prayers, that this medication will work and that she will have a good, long, happy life with a furever family!

Here's a link to the first thread about her, if you haven't seen it yet:http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78180

moosmom
05-02-2005, 10:51 AM
Soapets,

She's precious!!

She's only 2 1/2 weeks old and doesn't know HOW to use a litterbox. You need to feed her KMR every 2 hours via a pet nurser (they can be found at any pet store). If the shelter doesn't give it to you, go to any pet store. They have it in liquid form or powder form. You also need to help her pee and poop. To do that, take a large cotton ball and gently rub her down near her rectum. Keep it up till she pees and/or poops. That what a mama cat does when she licks their bottoms. You need to do this after every feeding.

I wouldn't take her back to the HS either!! Alot of shelters put animals down rather than give them the medical attention they need. Give her all you've got, and all she deserves!! That's all you can do. Make sure she's warm, force feed her if you have to, and give her all the love you've got. You are all she has right now. The next couple of days will be the most important.

Good luck and PLEASE, let us know how she's doing!!

(((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))to you!

Poo
05-02-2005, 11:02 AM
Poor little Aninie. I am so glad you are going to keep her with you and do your best for her. I will be thinking of you and Annie, I hope she will be ok. Good luck.

Nicki x

Cataholic
05-02-2005, 11:20 AM
Don't give up! Make sure you follow exactly what Donna is saying. Exactly! The food AND elimination is critical. I cannot stress that enough. It MUST be every two hours! MUST.

Good luck, and I am praying my heart out for Annie.

Soapets
05-02-2005, 11:27 AM
Yes, I am feeding her with a tiny bottle, and am massaging her to get her to eliminate body wastes. I didn't really expect her to use the litter box yet, but I want it available to her as she grows, so she can start using it as soon as she is able and willing.

She ate a lot better this morning, and has had her first dose of the Amoxi. (To be perfectly honest, I gave her some of Shadow's Clavimox yesterday, because I felt she really needed something then for her sneezing and didn't think it should wait until today.) I went to WalMart and bought a little stuffed lamb that prays, and a little pink CareBear to put in the carrier with her. She's already been snuggling up to the little lamb!

I also bought a couple of soft baby blankets, and an electic heating pad to put in the carrier under her, so it will stay warm in there at all times and won't cool off every couple of hours. She is more willing to cuddle today. I'm going to take some pictures of her in her carrier on her new blankets, snuggling up to the little lamb. It is so adorable!

She is so precious! I can't believe she wouldn't even be alive by now if I had taken her with me to the Humane Society this morning when I went over there to ask about getting her some medicine!

PLEASE keep her in your prayers over the next few days!

catcrazylady
05-02-2005, 11:32 AM
OMG!!! Thank God you didn't take her back there!

Please follow Donna's instructions to the letter! If she is having real runny poo you can add a little chicken baby food in with the KMR and feed it to her with a syringe too. That will put a little extra into the milk replacement and will stick with her better. If you do add the baby food you may not want to feed as much. The taste should be very appealing to her as well.
Make sure you stimulate her to go potty and make sure you are feeding her in the prone position. If she is laying on her back then she can aspirate.
You probably already knew this stuff but just in case I'm throwing it in.
Prayers are on the way for the little sweety and for you. Thank you for caring enough to keep on trying. It may not work but thank God your not giving up on her.

Keep us posted

edit: you posted at the same time I did. I'm so glad things are sounding a little better. Keep on doing what your doing and as she grows add the baby food into the milk mix. They love it and it's full of vitamins too.

catlover4ever
05-02-2005, 12:07 PM
Major prayers on the way for sweet Annie. She is absolutely adorable. Keep up the good work and don't give up.

catnapper
05-02-2005, 12:49 PM
Good for you!!! Sometimes I hate how the Humane Society works, but they have to do what they have to do because of the sheer numbers they work with.

I know that with your tender love and care that she'll pull through! Many prayers coming for this little one!

furrykidsmother
05-02-2005, 01:15 PM
Prayers on their way for both you and little Annie! What a little sweetheart. We're pulling for you Annie, please hang in there!

kittycats_delight
05-02-2005, 01:33 PM
Come on li' Annie. I am soo glad you didn't take her back to the HS. It is great that you are sticking by her and giving hera fighting chance at a long happy life. And good for you for taking matters into your own hands and getting your vet involved. We hope beyond hope that she gets well. She is just so sweet and beautiful and deserves to be happy and healthy. Lot of love and get well vibes coming your way Annie. We already love you little babygirl be well. Keep us posted on how she progresses.

CalliesMom
05-02-2005, 01:41 PM
We have fingers and paws crossed here that the precious baby makes it. Bless you for taking her in!

Soapets
05-02-2005, 02:11 PM
I greatly appreciate all of the suggestions and prayers and words of encouragement. Before this, Shadow was the youngest kitten we have ever cared for, and he was already a month old when we got him. Angel was only 8 ounces in weight when we got her three and one-half years ago (a little SMALLER than Annie is NOW), but she was already 8 weeks old and already litter-box trained, and weaned. Shadow was ready for the litter-box when we got him almost 4 weeks ago (!), and is now completely litter-box trained, and completely weaned as well.

I just fed Annie again, and this time included some Science Diet canned kitten food mixed in with her formula. She is breathing through her mouth when she is sleeping. She ate pretty well, considering the circumstances. I just gave her little drinks at a time from her bottle, holding her upright, facing me. She used her cute little front feet to "make biscuits"on me as she ate!:) I massaged her "private areas" with a cotton ball after she ate, at the instruction of my Vet. and many of you on here, and she urinated on the cotton ball. She hasn't pooped since Saturday, but she hasn't really eaten much, either. When she pooped on Saturday, it was fairly solid, so at least she didn't have diarrhea at the time.

She seems more comfortable lying on the new little baby blankets with the electric heating pad underneath. At least it stays warm, and we don't have to keep re-heating it like we were doing with the water bottle and the microwave-able heating pad we've been using over the weekend. New little kittens like this must need a lot of extra warmth, huh? We noticed over the weekend that she really wasn't happy unless she was laying right up next to the hot water bottle or the heating pad---she just seemed to need that extra heat. She's stretching out more, now. The heating pad is under the entire blanket, so she has extra warmth where-ever she lays, now.

Thanks again for your encouragement, prayers, and comments. I'll keep you updated.......

moosmom
05-02-2005, 02:24 PM
Keep up the great work!! Sounds like Annie is well on her way to growing up to be a wonderful, loving kitten!!

carole
05-02-2005, 02:55 PM
Every paw and finger and toes crossed here for a good recovery for Annie, pull through little one, she is a fighter, so hang on in there baby, you are doing a wonderful job, she is a real pretty furbaby, and I so hope she makes it with all my heart.

QueenScoopalot
05-02-2005, 03:43 PM
I hate it when vets say "they're too young for antibiotics"! It's a damned if you do, and damned if you don't situation, and I don't hesitate to use a small amount of Amoxi mixed into formula for sick babies. The alternative is let them get worse until it turns fatal, so I'll go with antibiotics any day! ;) I'm so happy Annie stayed home, and your vet prescribed meds for the tiny baby. I'd definately keep Shadow wayyyy away from her, and wash your hands thoroughly after handling Annie. Those URI's are very contagious, and right now I'm sure you don't want two sick kittens on your hands. :rolleyes: Give that baby doll a kiss for me please. :) Keep us posted.

jenluckenbach
05-02-2005, 04:42 PM
All my prayers for Annie. You NEED to try (and thank you for that). I had 10 day old babies get sick last year, 5 of them, 3 made it 2 did not, but with YOUR HS's point of view, NONE of them would be alive today. :mad: Hang in their, we are all with you.

Poo
05-02-2005, 04:44 PM
Great to have an update, keep up the good work. We have ours paws crossed her too.

Nicki x

Soapets
05-02-2005, 05:37 PM
My husband came home from work this afternoon and asked how Annie is doing. I told him, and I told him that I think the Humane Society will still adopt her out to someone if she makes it to eight weeks and is healthy at that time, but that they won't do anything for her right now except PTS if we take her back.

He said "We'll do everything we can for her, and we may not be taking her back there at all, even if she DOES get better!" :) :D

SOoooooooooo, IF Li'l Orphan Annie makes it through the next few days, and then the next few weeks, and then the next few months................... It looks like we're "failing" our second try at foster parenting, too!:D

But FIRST we have to make it through TONIGHT! She just ate again, and just pottied again, and we'll keep doing this throughout the night.........

kittycats_delight
05-02-2005, 05:53 PM
come on lil' annie...now you have not just a foster meowmie and all of us that wants you to get well but foster meowmie wants to be your furrever meowmie. Do for your loving meowmie and pawpie. Keep up the good work we are all behind you and wishind and praying for Annie. Keep us posted.

momcat
05-02-2005, 06:05 PM
Little baby Annie already has me wrapped firmly around her tiny paw! She is just too cute! And she looks like a real sweetie. Not to worry, prayers are going out. St. Francis of Asissi is the patron saint of animals and he's watching out for her. From reading about some of the experiences others on PT have had with the Humane Society, I'm really starting to wonder if I should keep tossing my spare change in their collection cans. You did the right thing calling your vet and keeping on top of the problem. Here's something I heard some time ago that you may want to consider because Annie is virtually a newborn; get a small clock that ticks, wrap in a blanket or towel and put in in Annie's carrier. The ticking sounds like her mother's heartbeat and may offer Annie a little more comfort and security. Come on, beautiful little Annie, show all of us how tough you are! I'm on your side, little sweetheart

Soapets
05-02-2005, 06:12 PM
My husband just said, VERY FIRMLY, that as far as he's concerned, "If she makes it through this, we're KEEPING her! She's NOT going back there!" :) :D :) :D ;)

Now, what to do about my signature?!?:confused: :D

jenluckenbach
05-02-2005, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Soapets
My husband just said, VERY FIRMLY, that as far as he's concerned, "If she makes it through this, we're KEEPING her! She's NOT going back there!" :) :D :) :D ;)

Now, what to do about my signature?!?:confused: :D
Shadow.......................Annie
Sandi Oreo AngelPETS

moosmom
05-02-2005, 07:38 PM
She just ate again, and just pottied again, and we'll keep doing this throughout the night.........

Sounds like you're doing everything right!! Great job!!! Husband sounds like a doll! Give HIM a smooch from me too!!!

Come on Lil Ophan Annie!!! We're praying for you!!

catmandu
05-02-2005, 07:51 PM
And Karina angel,who was a Mother Cat,a few times,is flying,to help you,and we are all Praying,for annie,to get through these critical next few weeks,and be The Cat,that the Lord,intended,for her,to be!

QueenScoopalot
05-02-2005, 09:29 PM
I copied and pasted this from the "Meet Orphan Annie" thread you posted.....see? I knew it! :D
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
What a cutie! Sure hope you fail fostering school again lol! :D ;) :) Failure CAN be a good thing lol! ;) Sure is in Annie's case! I wonder if someone else was fostering her, if she'd be history now. :confused: :(

Soapets
05-02-2005, 11:15 PM
Someone else WAS fostering her, along with some other kittens. I was told on Saturday that all of the others were sick so the foster mom brought her in to the Humane Society to try to find her some place away from the rest of the litter, so that she wouldn't get sick, too.

NOW I'm wondering if the rest of the litter was already PTS, and she wasn't yet because she was still eating. They made it a point to tell me when they called me on Saturday that she was eating OK out of a syringe.

She seems worse again tonight, and more congested, and not eating as well again. But she ate pretty well earlier today, and there is some canned kitten food mixed in, so maybe that's just holding her longer.

She's had two doses of her medicine now. She cries when we pick her up, and struggles to climb out of the towel we hold her in. She climbed up on my shoulder and snuggled up against my hair earlier today---like she is wanting the comfort of some other fur or something.

My son is holding her now, and cuddling her, and trying to comfort her. She is quiet with him, except for the snorting and sneezing. Her left eye doesn't look very good yet. How long does it take to get better? Is it related to the URI? I am so new at this kind of thing, and yet I want to do anything and everything I can to try and help her.

At least she should know that she is loved dearly, even though we've only had her here since Saturday afternoon.

I guess that's about all for now. I'll try to post another update tomorrow afternoon sometime. I have to work in the morning, but I will feed her and massage her before I leave, and my husband will stop by home a couple of times throughout the morning to do the same, until I get home around 1:00.

I'm sure I'll be up quite a bit through the night with her, but I don't think I'll take time to post any more about her unless there's anything real drastic either way to report. PLEASE just keep her in your constant prayers!

NoahsMommy
05-02-2005, 11:25 PM
Awww....this is a precious thread.

I'll be praying all I can for sweet Annie. What a little dear!

You're doing GREAT!! Keep up the good work!

Hugs,
Kelly :)

Dog1,Cats2
05-02-2005, 11:28 PM
What a heartwarming story! Another suggestion: Hills Perscription A/D food from the vet's office is terrific for kittens - it's high calorie, high nutrition; I think it might be specifically for kittens.

I fostered lots of kittens last summer for a rescue group that I work with - the youngest was found in a dumpster at about 3 weeks of age. I hand-fed her using a syringe for several weeks until she would eat on her own. The vet suggested adding some of the A/D food right away (at 3 weeks old) to the KMR mixture to be sure to get good nutrition into her.

It must have worked, because SweetPea McGee has grown up quite happy and healthy (she's now about 7 months old). We flunked fostering too with this one - I got too attached as I was feeding & pottying her every few hours thru the night and taking her with me if I was gone long enough that I had to feed her in the car!

Keep up the good work, and best of luck that she pulls thru the URI. The goopy eyes are probably part of it - sometimes the foster kittens came in with horribly caked gunky eyes along with the resperatory infection. We had an eye ointment from the vet that was helpful - but so was a soft warm washcloth.

moosmom
05-02-2005, 11:36 PM
How about turning on the HOT shower and bringing her in the bathroom to breath some of the steam?? Another thing I've used is "Little Noses". It's a pediatric saline nose drops. Get the stuff without any medicine in it. Cats won't eat unless they can smell their food. As for her eye, try putting a warm moist washcloth on it to get some of the goo out of it.

Poor Annie :(:( Hopefully you should see results from the antibiotics in 48-72 hours. If she gets any worse and stops eating, drinking or peeing, you'll need to call the vet. Kittens are SO fragile at this stage in their lives. But I'm sure with all the love and care you give her, she'll pull through.

Wouldn't DOUBT for a minute that her former foster home had the other kittens PTS. :mad:

furrykidsmother
05-03-2005, 11:03 AM
Come on little Annie! We are hoping and praying for you.

krazyaboutkatz
05-03-2005, 11:35 AM
Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Come on little Annie you can make it.

kuhio98
05-03-2005, 12:01 PM
Little Annie ~ You are in our thoughts and prayers. Please get better soon. Fight real hard. You will have a wonderful life with your new family. Many prayers are being said for you.

Soapets
05-03-2005, 06:12 PM
She's hanging in there!:) She's eating formula with Hill's Science Diet canned kitten food mixed in. And she's pottying. She hasn't pooped since Saturday. Her left eye still looks really bad, but at least she's trying to open it a little more today.

Shadow is sitting on my right shoulder as I type this, watching my fingers on the keyboard very diligently. He's probably trying to learn everything he can so he can contine to get on here and write in his diary when I'm not home and/or not looking!:D

Anyway, back to Annie....... She still sounds very congested and is sneezing and snorting quite a bit. I'm worried about her, but I know that whatever happens, we are trying everything we can. She has a lot of will power I think, and she seems to be a fighter. That, along with prayers and angels and the grace of God will hopefully get her through this.

I'll keep updating you on this. I should have more pictures from my 35 mm camera by Thursday. I didn't get them in on time yesterday to get them back by Wednesday. I was too busy trying to get medicine for Annie from the Vet. since the Humane Society wouldn't treat her, etc.

I'm going to try to take a few more Polaroid pictures of her tonight and/or tomorrow, with her little stuffed prayer lamb, and her little CareBear. She is content while she's resting. She's sleeping a lot between feedings.....

I'll keep updating this as things happen......

kittycats_delight
05-03-2005, 06:16 PM
Thanks so much for the update....Hang in there little one. We are all pulling for you to get well. Lots of kitty prayers still coming Annie's way for as long as she needs them and lots and lots of get well vibes too. I am sending my Mytsi Angel from the RB to keep a watchful eye on Annie. She was a very good mommycat and she will stay right by Annie's side as long as she is needed.

jenluckenbach
05-03-2005, 06:20 PM
Come on little Annie, you can DO it.

momcat
05-03-2005, 07:51 PM
Hey there, little baby Annie! Keep fighting, Sweetie!There are a whole lot of people on your side and more prayers that you'll ever know. You can do this, Annie.....show us what you're made of. Love you.....

iloverat
05-03-2005, 10:12 PM
Darling Annie, you are getting the best care possible and LOTS of prayer and good wishes. Now, you do your part and keep fighting!!!!! We love you, little one and want you to have a happy, healthy life. Soapets, you are a sweetie for working hard to pull this baby through a rough patch. I'm sending prayers for all of you and Briggs and Lydia are keeping their sweet paws crossed. :)

dukedogsmom
05-03-2005, 10:23 PM
She looks like such a sweet little kitty. I hope she makes it. Maybe she's got extra angels looking out for her. I can loan her one of mine if she needs them.

Soapets
05-03-2005, 11:09 PM
She's breathing and eating a little better tonight, and wanting to walk around a little more!:) She has now had four doses of Amoxi, so that might be taking some effect now. Her eye is open a little more, too, although I just put more ointment in it and she's cuddling up on the heating pad on my lap and going to sleep.

I was in a dilema about what to do with her this coming Friday, as I work for a pair of eye doctors and have to travel to another clinic about three hours away. I will leave the house around 4:10 a.m. and won't get home until around 8:00 or 8:30 p.m. My husband is getting into a busy time at his work so isn't sure how many times he can keep leaving work to come home and feed her, and my son is in school all day.

BUT, I remembered a friend of mine who was involved in helping take care of Angel before she came to live with us three and one half years ago. I called her and explained the situation to her, and she is going to "baby-sit" Li'l Orphan Annie for me on Friday!:) I'm sure she'd be willing to do this on other days, too, if I should happen to need her help.

She lives in the town I work in (25 miles from the town I live in) and said she'd be willing to get up at 3:30 in the morning to meet me when I get in to town, and she'll take Annie and take care of her for the day. She also expressed an interest in adopting Annie when I told her she is a little Calico kitten. She said her husband had just been talking the other day about getting a kitten, preferrably Calico, in the near future! She said "You may just have a fight on your hands!" when I told her about Annie.

My son and husband both said they don't want to let my friend adopt her---just babysit her. NONE of us can bring ourselves to give Annie up now. And she's only been with us for 3 1/2 days!:D

I guess I'm just going to have to face the bare facts---I will NOT make a good foster parent. I can't give them back!:D

Soapets
05-04-2005, 06:38 AM
My husband informed me this morning that he is going to take the afternoon off work on Friday, so he WILL be home and available to take care of Annie that afternoon. But she would be alone and without feeding and massaging for most of the morning. She's eating formula with canned kitten food mixed in, and it seems to hold her over longer.

I told him about my friend's willingness to "baby-sit" on Friday, and he said "Oh. OK". (He was already in bed when I got home from baby-sitting at my church nursery last night, so I hadn't had the opportunity to tell him about this yet.) Now we have to decide whether to leave her home or take her to my friend's house on Friday.:confused: I think she would be OK either way. Which would YOU do?

By the way, she ate well this morning, and pottied again. She still hasn't pooped. I guess I could look on the bright side, and be relieved that she doesn't have diarrhea! She's still congested, but doesn't seem to be nearly as bad as she was on Monday evening.

I still can't believe that she's now two days into her 2nd of nine lives. (Her first "life" was used up on Monday morning, when the HS would have had her PTS if I'd had her with me when I went over there to see if they would give me some medicine for her.) She is very much alive, and has let us hear her VERY LOUD protests when we are wiping her off with a wet kitten wipe after she eats, to get all of the spilled food cleaned off.

She is sleeping peacefully again now, and I have to get ready for work, so I'll update more this evening. THANK YOU for continued prayers, and angels, and support!:)

rosethecopycat
05-04-2005, 08:25 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Soapets Now we have to decide whether to leave her home or take her to my friend's house on Friday.:confused: I think she would be OK either way. Which would YOU do?

I would leave her home. Save your 'credits' for favors when it comes to pet sitters for when you really need them.

Do you have access to a nebulizer? That can make a huge difference in 1-3 days for congested cats.

All the best thoughts and prayers for Annie

furrykidsmother
05-04-2005, 09:40 AM
I am so glad to hear that she has made some improvement. Still praying for her! I think she would probably be better off at home. As long as she is improving a little bit of time by herself shouldn't hurt her. Also, I'd be afraid that once your friend sees her she wouldn't want to give her back. By the way, I don't think I would do very well at fostering either. I wouldn't be able to give any of them up. Keep us posted! I hope that every post shows improvements for the little darling!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-04-2005, 09:52 AM
I have to agree with furrykidsmother, if you really really really want her, keep her home. However, it sounds like she might be just what your friend was looking for and this would free you up to foster another kitty.

I think it's sweet that your hubby, knowing the situation, offered to take the afternoon off to take care of the little baby. Sounds like he's quite attached already......;)

kittycats_delight
05-04-2005, 10:05 AM
http://www.indigogirls.com/bbs/images/smilies/letterg.gifhttp://www.indigogirls.com/bbs/images/smilies/lettere.gifhttp://www.indigogirls.com/bbs/images/smilies/lettert.gif http://www.indigogirls.com/bbs/images/smilies/letterw.gifhttp://www.indigogirls.com/bbs/images/smilies/lettere.gifhttp://www.indigogirls.com/bbs/images/smilies/letterl.gifhttp://www.indigogirls.com/bbs/images/smilies/letterl.gif http://www.indigogirls.com/bbs/images/smilies/lettera.gifhttp://www.indigogirls.com/bbs/images/smilies/lettern.gifhttp://www.indigogirls.com/bbs/images/smilies/lettern.gifhttp://www.indigogirls.com/bbs/images/smilies/letteri.gifhttp://www.indigogirls.com/bbs/images/smilies/lettere.gif

We are all pulling and praying and senging out get well vibe little one. Continue tio fight and be strong. You are one special little girl.

Soapets
05-04-2005, 12:24 PM
I came home over my LONG lunch hour (left work at 11:10 a.m., drove 25 miles home, stopping to fill my van up with gas on the way, came in, put Annie's bottle in some hot water to warm it up, took Sandi and Oreo out to do their business, came back in and changed shirt, washed hands, turned on the computer and logged in to the internet, started warming my frozen dinner in the microwave, fed Annie---three syringes full of formula/canned kitten food mixed; massaged Annie to get her to go potty, (successfully:) ), put Annie back in her carrier (LOUD PROTESTS FROM ANNIE:eek: :D ), washed my hands again, stirred my dinner and started the microwave for two more minutes, went back out to get Sandi and Oreo and brought them back in, gave them fresh water in their water pan; washed my hands, put one of Annie's heating pad in the microwave to warm it up again, washed hands, changed back to work shirt, ate dinner, typing on here, going to wash hands again after putting Annie's warmed heating pad back into her carrier, then drive back to work (25 miles again) and arrive just a FEW minutes late, but HAPPY knowing Annie is doing better!:) :D

NoahsMommy
05-04-2005, 12:48 PM
GREAT news!! :)

I'll keep praying for her...you guys are so great!!!

Hugs, Kelly :)

smokey the elder
05-04-2005, 02:27 PM
Phew! :D

dukedogsmom
05-04-2005, 03:22 PM
I am so glad to hear that she's doing much better. I would keep her home, also. I wouldn't want to risk not getting her back and since she's doing so well there, I wouldn't risk changing her routine. When you're not so busy, we'd love more pics.

momcat
05-04-2005, 04:50 PM
It really is starting to sound as if "our" little girl is showing positive signs of recovery even though it may take some time yet. Bless you for all you have done for her, most definitely an act of love. Just one look at her picture and it's easy to see why. I've been in love with her since first seeing her picture. Anyway, it's so good to know that you have someone to care for her that you can trust especially with the ongoing care Annie needs right now. As for Friday, would it be possible for your friend to care for Annie then your husband pick her up when he's done at work? I'm just wondering if Annie should be left on her own just yet even if it's only for a few hours. Only the very best care for sweet little Annie, but there's no doubt that's exactly what she's getting from you. As for Friday, I'm sure you'll make the decision that's best for her. Hey there,sweet little Annie...It's good to know that you're feeling better today. I'll make a deal with you, okay? You keep up the fight and I'll keep praying for you to get better and also for those kind, caring, loving human angels who are working so hard to get you through. Deal?

Soapets
05-04-2005, 08:08 PM
I've got a few more Polaroid pictures here, taken just a little while ago. She's wanting to get out and go exploring some tonight. We're being careful not to let her get near anything that Shadow will be near (which is NOT easy!) and we're washing our hands and keeping clothes, towels and blankets, etc., all separate if she has been on them:

Here she showing off her beautiful fur coat while posing on her new little pink blanket, next to Pawpie's hand. (I wanted to have something that you could see her size in comparison with, and Pawpie's hand worked just perfect!)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid167/p438f1ebda7fb704febcb5e250cb519e2/f43bf201.jpg

Here she is trying to escape from her little carrier, running into her little prayer lamb in the process. She was actually trying to nurse on this little lamb earlier, and "making biscuits" with her little front paws!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid167/p4c4c50f855210800604120e22d21a2ed/f43bf2d6.jpg

Does this look like a proud new Pawpie or what!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid167/p12b4891ea1379de21cce4538909f261b/f43bf3af.jpg

And here she is in her carrier with her little prayer lamb and CareBear again. She saw the open gate, and was bound and determined she was going to get out and go exploring!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid167/p429d8855b1f8a54202a1a4c8ae3af8f5/f43bf564.jpg

I feel like we're "over the hump" as far as her illness, but I don't want to get too optomistic yet. She is still sneezing, and still hasn't pooped since Saturday. But she's eating better, and breathing better, and becoming more active. Those are all very positive signs, right?!?:)

I've got a few more pictures to upload to ImageSation and then post, but want to go ahead and get these done now while they're still "fresh".

Thanks again for all your prayers, support, encouragement, advice, suggestions, etc. I really feel like "OUR" Li'l Orphan Annie is recovering because of all of your prayers. Please keep them coming for awhile longer yet, until we're 100% certain she's going to be OK...... They can't hurt, and they sure seem to be helping!:)

rg_girlca
05-04-2005, 08:09 PM
I just finished reading all the posts and I am so pleased to read that Little Annie is doing better and especially that she finally had a poop.

Bless you and your hubby for helping this precious little baby.
Prayers on the way that she continues to thrive in your care.

Soapets
05-04-2005, 09:06 PM
My husband and I discussed our options for Friday again, and since we DO have someone else available to baby-sit Annie that day, he is going to go ahead and work the full day. It is not a good time of year for him to be taking off work, but he was willing to do it for Annie.

My friend who will be taking care of Annie on Friday will do a wonderful job, and I know I can trust her as far as giving Annie back to us, too. I told my husband that she sounded like she would be more than willing to adopt Annie if given the chance, and my husband shook his head "no". He DEFINITELY wants to keep her! I am SO excited!!!!!

Here are a two more pictures, both from my Polaroid camera so not the best, but they're better than nothing......

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid167/p735705a2dfc8acf79f3cd2cbdec66637/f43bcb4b.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid167/paa1ae8ab1abf68cbea9d16d42ba1b10e/f43bc843.jpg

I should be able to pick up the pictures from the 35 mm film tomorrow, so I should be able to post some more pictures of both
Annie and Shadow tomorrow.

Be sure to check out Shadow's diary thread if you haven't already. There are a few more pictures of him in today's entry. Here is a link (I hope!):

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78189

He might help Annie get a diary of her own started one of these days, when Annie is all better!

kittycats_delight
05-04-2005, 09:07 PM
Sweet little Annie must be feeling better she is getting a bit rambunctious and that's great. Continued get well wishes and prayers and kitty angel Mytsi is staying right with her until she is all better. Keep up the good work all of you, you and pawpie and Annie too.

rg_girlca
05-04-2005, 09:32 PM
I'm glad that you got Friday worked out and that little Annie will not be alone.

She is such a widdle cutie pie.
Prayers still on the way that she gets all better real soon.

krazyaboutkatz
05-05-2005, 12:06 AM
I'm so glad to hear that her health is improving and I sure hope that she makes a full recovery very soon. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Annie sure is a precious little girl.:)

lady_zana
05-05-2005, 07:31 AM
As I've said many times before on PT, I hold a special place in my heart for those sassy calico girls. Give Annie an extra big kiss on her head for me, please!

furrykidsmother
05-05-2005, 08:02 AM
So glad to hear that she is improving! She is such a little doll. I think wanting explore is a very good sign.

Cataholic
05-05-2005, 08:38 AM
Prayers still on the way for Annie! And, for you and your wonderful family! What love and dedication can do!!! Keep growing strong, little Annie!

Soapets
05-05-2005, 12:56 PM
I'm taking Annie to our Vet. today to get an official weight on her, and to have the Vet. check her over thoroughly. She still hasn't pooped since Saturday, and I THINK I saw a small amount of blood on the cotton ball I used to massage her rear with yesterday, a couple of times. I also want to find out what the Vet. has to say about her left eye.

I figured that, as far as we are concerned, she is already ours, and if the Humane Society doesn't like it that we are getting her treated at the Vet., that's THEIR problem. We're paying for it, and not asking them for any kind of reimbursement or anything. We're probably saving them the cost of having her PTS, since that's what they would have done to her if I'd taken her back there on Monday.

I hope everything goes OK at the Vet., and I'll post another note on here afterwards to give an update on the situation. Prayers that everything will be OK are requested!

Poo
05-05-2005, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the pictures of little Annie, she is she a cutiepie. I would love to give her a cuddle. Good luck at the vets, I hope it goes well and she continues to improve.

Nicki x

furrykidsmother
05-05-2005, 01:07 PM
Haven't stopped praying for the little Tyke, but will send an extra one that all goes well at the vets today!! Come on Annie!!! Keep up the good work and get better.

Let us know as soon as you can how everything went!!

iloverat
05-05-2005, 03:02 PM
Am anxious to hear what the vet had to say. I'm still praying, too for darling Annie and her new family. :) Come on, Anniegirl! You've got lots of folks rooting for you!!! We all want to see you grow up into a beautiful calico lady, full of spit and vinegar!!

jenluckenbach
05-05-2005, 04:23 PM
I too can't wait to hear a vet report.

Laura's Babies
05-05-2005, 04:49 PM
Rie read me your post yesterday when I was on the boat.. I couldn't WAIT to see this new little baby and searched for this thread.. Life has kept interrupting so I am late responding..

What an adoreable little thing she is and I knew as soon as I saw her picture that she was a keeper! I think it is super great that Shadow now has a little sister!! JUST what he needs! Now we can watch them both grow up and I am thrilled for you.. The only thing better than having a kitten in the house is have TWO kittens in the house.. That is going to be SO MUCH FUN!!!! Ahhhh, how I envy you!!:rolleyes:

momcat
05-05-2005, 04:54 PM
Hi, Sweet Annie! Just checking in to see how you're feeling today. Your wanting to start running around and exploring is good news And it also sounds like you're getting quite an appetite, eating all that good food will help you feel better and grow up to be healthy and strong. Still praying for you and your wonderful human angels. Just remember, the vet is your friend. Please be sure to let your Pet Talk Fan Club know what Doctor says.

Soapets
05-05-2005, 05:58 PM
SHE POOPED!:D She got an enema, and SHE POOPED, and POOPED, and POOPED some more!!!

She weighed in at 9.5 ounces (BEFORE the poop, so I'm thinking she probably weighed about .5 ounces AFTER the poop!:D ) The Vet. says her lungs sound a little congested, but not bad, and there's no need to have her PTS at this point!:) :) :) If we can get her through this next week, she will have an EXCELLENT chance of living a long, healthy, happy life!

She is 2 1/2 to 3 weeks old, and as long as she is eating and pottying and pooping, and taking her medicine, she should pull through. We got another enema to bring home with us, so we can use that on her if needed, if she doesn't poop again on her own within the next two or three days. There was no evidence of any blood in her urine or in her stool, so she's OK in that respect.

I took a couple of pictures of her sitting in the postal scale "bucket thingie" getting weighed. I used my 35 mm camera, so will have to wait to get the film all used up and then developed before I can post it. THAT REMINDS ME, I should have some developed photos at Sam's Club to pick up today. I'll go get them and then post another message on here with some MORE PICTURES!

But before I go, I wanted to let everyone here know that I called the Humane Society back after the Vet. appointment, and updated them on how she's doing. I told them that we are paying for her care and want to adopt her if she makes it through this, and they said that will be fine. They want us to wait a couple more weeks to make sure she's going to pull through, though, which is fine with us. She's still living with us and getting the medical care she needs, so we know she's as safe as she's going to be.

I also asked a little more about her history. She was brought in from an area about 30 miles north of the town I live in, and there was no mother and no litter mates when she was brought in. She was approximately 2 weeks old. She was sent to a foster home with a nursing mother, but the other kittens in that litter were sick so she was returned to the Humane Society to try to separate her from the sick ones. I'm not sure how long she was at that foster home, but it must have been only a day or two at the most.

The person I spoke with at the Humane Society didn't deny that they would have had her PTS if I had taken her back there. But since I didn't, and since I WON'T, we don't even have to worry about that any more......

jenluckenbach
05-05-2005, 06:08 PM
Isn't it amazing how a little poop can make us so happy? :p

Keep going little Annie, you have a big brother waiting to play with you and love you. :D

kittycats_delight
05-05-2005, 06:36 PM
:D It is funny isn't it. A simple thing can make us soo excited. And I think everyone of here are so in love with little Annie they we are all praying as hard as her new meowmie for her to get well.
And as long as Annie needs prayers and kitty angels and get well vibes we will keep sending them. Come on sweet little Annie. You are a fiesty little calico and you can beat this.

K & L
05-05-2005, 07:00 PM
I'm so happy to hear Annie is doing much better. Can't wait to see the photos. You've done an excellent job so far and she's one lucky kitten!

jackie
05-05-2005, 07:17 PM
what a little beauty.

who wouldn't she charm?

kimlovescats
05-05-2005, 08:11 PM
So glad to hear that little Annie is hanging in there for you! Thank GOD she doesn't have the diarrhea issues!:rolleyes: ;)

Soapets
05-05-2005, 08:37 PM
OK, here they come. WARNING: POTENTIAL TO STEAL YOUR HEART, CUTENESS OVERLOAD, ETC.:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid167/pdd681d1e8c19d52151ee5e96e452381e/f4391312.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid167/p9275012b624e7d4f65945b156e849dc6/f439132d.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid167/p6865b8126e5cec7c8627d47b63787c80/f439131b.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid167/p7c252532d6868cdf6a02e7bd76c9231a/f438ffb0.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid167/p8bc5653d186b9e0a13b72b20a240a0ff/f43900f7.jpg

AND LAST BUT CERTAINLY NOT LEAST..............

HOLD ON TO YOUR HEART STRINGS............

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid167/p71b74c519277b50e616e594d6851e017/f439132a.jpg

HOW COULD THEY EVEN BEGIN TO CONSIDER HAVING THIS BEAUTIFUL LITTLE GIRL PTS WITHOUT TRYING MEDICATION FIRST?!?

Be sure to check Shadow's Diary thread for new pictures of him, too: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78189

Soapets
05-05-2005, 09:58 PM
By the way, her OFFICIAL NAME, IN WRITING AT THE VET'S is

"Little Orphan Annie"---it is so funny to see it actually in writing on

the client receipt they gave me!:D

trayi52
05-05-2005, 10:39 PM
Good to hear Annie is doing so well! She is such a little cutie!Sending prayers to sweet little Annie.

Willie:)

kittycats_delight
05-05-2005, 10:42 PM
You weren't kidding when you said last but certainly not lease>>>>
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid167/p71b74c519277b50e616e594d6851e017/f439132a.jpg OMG she is too precious for words. Now Annie you have made eveyone love to you gotta hang in there and fight fight fight. Come on little one continue to get well for your new meowmie and for you too. You deserve to have a perfect, happy and healthy life and we want to see you grow up .

iloverat
05-05-2005, 10:44 PM
YEAH!!!!!! So glad to hear that Annie's vet visit went OK. Keep on keeping on, little girl. Get better soon so you can play with your sibling, Shadow.

krazyaboutkatz
05-06-2005, 12:07 AM
Yeah!!!:) I'm so glad that Annie's vet visit went well. Many more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. She's such a little doll baby.:)

Poo
05-06-2005, 04:07 AM
Good on ya Annie, you hang on in there. You're just soooo cute, and Shadow would love a sister to play with. Keep up the good work mummy & daddy, it's seems to be working.:D

Nicki x

jenluckenbach
05-06-2005, 05:04 AM
How sweet can one little kitty be?????? CUTE!

orangemm
05-06-2005, 05:23 AM
I just caught this post and all i want to say is that I'm praying for both of you! Annie, you are a true fighter, keep on keepin' on!

She is so adorable................

NKBurlington
05-06-2005, 06:59 AM
This is such good news! What a little heart breaker!

Go, Annie, Go!!

lady_zana
05-06-2005, 07:57 AM
A big WHOOHOO!!!!!!! from my three fuzzbutts and a special calico-to-calico cheer from Eepie! (CALICO POWER UNITE!! EEP! EEP!) We're all rooting for you, Annie girl! Love and blessings are headed your way!

moosmom
05-06-2005, 08:55 AM
OMG, I am IN LOVE!!!!! That is wonderful news!!! Soapets, I am so proud of you for hanging in there and giving her everything she could possibly need!!!!

Smoooochies to Little Orphan Annie! :D:D

And BIG (((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))) to you and hubby!

furrykidsmother
05-06-2005, 09:14 AM
So happy to hear that the vet visit went well and that she is doing better. Those pictures are sooooooo cute. What a little cutie!!

King Spartacus
05-06-2005, 09:18 AM
Wow!!! I've just managed to read this whole thread... and wow!!! Thank you for not just taking care of this little beauty (mamma is still oh-ing and ah-ing!), but also for saving her life!!!

She's so precious, and adorable! I can understand that giving her away after this, is getting a smaller and smaller option! ;)

Thank you again! and we'll keep our paws and fingers crossed little Annie is continuing to make progress!

Cataholic
05-06-2005, 09:23 AM
This just keeps getting better and better! Way to go!!!

A very happy Mother's Day to you- you are obviously cut from the same cloth as all wonderful moms!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-06-2005, 09:52 AM
She weighed in at 9.5 ounces (BEFORE the poop, so I'm thinking she probably weighed about .5 ounces AFTER the poop!:D )

OMG! ROTFLMAO!!!! You are too funny!

She sure is a little sweetie pie and I'm so glad you didn't return her to the HS. :D

QueenScoopalot
05-06-2005, 10:19 AM
I'm so happy to hear Annie's doing so well now. :) It's so uncommon for kittens to be constipated, it's usually the opposite like Kim said. :rolleyes: I have a burning desire to know when you'll be 'fostering' your next kitten from the shelter?:confused: :D ;) Give that little Thief of Hearts a kiss for me please. :)

Craftlady
05-06-2005, 11:07 AM
I'm so glad to read that she is doing so well. What a cutie :)

momcat
05-06-2005, 04:49 PM
Hi, little Annie! Can't tell you how happy I am to hear that you're doing so well! This has been quite a week in your very young life. All the members in your Pet Talk Fan Club are still praying and pulling for you. Keep up the good fight, little sweetie, you CAN get through this. Your latest pictures are beautiful, how can anyone not fall completely and totally in love with you! Your human angels have done an outstanding job of caring for you, they are working so hard to give you a healthy and happy life. Please tell them that Groucho and I think they're soooo wonderful and caring. Little Orphan Annie, you are LOVED!!!!!!!!

NoahsMommy
05-06-2005, 04:53 PM
EXCELLENT news!!! :)

I'm sooo glad she's with you...she's safe and is doing so well. Yay!!!

Those pictures are precious!!! Aww...

catcrazylady
05-06-2005, 07:12 PM
OH my heavens!!! She is beyond precious!!! What a little doll baby!
You have done a wonderful job with her! She looks great and her vet check sounds good. Thank goodness! These PT prayers are amazing (plus all the hard work and love you have given her!)

I'm so happy to read this! Keep on poopin Little Orphan Annie!!:D :D :D

Soapets
05-06-2005, 09:27 PM
Well, she made it through another day. My friend met me in the parking lot (of the medical building where I work) at 4:45 this a.m. and took care of her today. She said Little Orphan Annie didn't eat very well for her, but she DID poop. Her husband was watching her at the time, and he washed Annie's blanket and got everything all cleaned up. They have a 4-year-old daughter who absolutely LOVES Little Orphan Annnie, too, and had a difficult time letting her leave. They took pictures and said they'd give me copies when they get them developed. I'll have to find out if it's OK with them if I post pictures of their little girl with Annie. If so, I will. If not, I won't!

The Dr. I work for (an Ophthalmologist---eye doctor) looked at Little Orphan Annie's eye when we got back into town this evening and my friend brought her back to meet me. He thinks it will be OK, but wasn't 100 % certain. We just need to keep treating it with the ointment twice a day until it seems all better. It is open the most today that it has been since she's been with us.

Annie did vomit some on the way home with me this evening.:( And she's kind of quiet, seeming to want to sleep. She just vomited a few minutes ago, too, but hopefully it's all out of her system and her little tummy will settle down now. Just PLEASE keep the prayers coming!!!!!

One other "miracle" of sorts that I see happening through all of this is that my son Alex, who just turned 16 on Sunday, is seeing what the power of prayer can do. He has been struggling with his faith, but he has been open to our praying about Little Orphan Annie. It seems to me that she is a true gift from God to us, in more ways than one. I had been praying that something would happen to help my son in this area, and I can't think of anything better than this!

My son absolutely LOVES animals, and is very good with them. He got a job at our Veterinary Hospital as a result of my showing the Vet. that picture of Shadow laying on his back, with the caption "The Vet. is going to do WHAT?!?" The Vet. goes to our church, and was there after choir practice one evening when I showed him the picture. When I told him that Alex had been volunteering at the Humane Society, and that's how we came to acquire Shadow, the Vet. asked me if Alex enjoyed that kind of thing, and if Alex would want a job at the Vet. Hospital! So I truely believe that BOTH Shadow and Little Orphan Annie are gifts from God.

And I have been careful in my prayers about Annie, so that my son will hopefully understand that, whatever happens, she is a gift to us from God. I thanked God for sending her to us, and for helping her live as long as she has lived so far. I have asked that she be allowed to live a long, healthy, happy life with us if that is His will, but if it ISN'T His will, that she not be allowed to suffer. My son was open to hearing me say this prayer, whereas he usually shakes his head, holds his hands over his ears, etc. He nodded his head when I told him we need to pray, and pray hard, for her. He also knows about all of the prayers through this thread, and has been asking me to print everything out as it is posted and as we check it.

SO, I would like to ask for MORE prayers from all of you---for my son, and for his faith journey, that he will come to understand and believe that God does exist, and that prayers DO help, etc., etc., etc. If you AREN'T very religious, I hope you're not offended by this. It isn't meant to be offensive to anyone, and I hope everyone who reads this will take it the way it is meant.

Anyway, I've had a LONG day and am going to go to sleep here pretty soon, but will post another update tomorrow afternoon. I have to work again in the morning, but both my husband and Alex will be home to take care of Little Orphan Annie tomorrow.

Thanks again, so much, for all of your prayers, words of encouragement, and support. I really don't think our little baby would have made it this long without all of that from you....

kittycats_delight
05-06-2005, 09:48 PM
I think maybe the reason Annie was not eating so well was because of the "strange" people she was with today maybe it scared her a little and that is why she didn't eat so good and maybe also why her tummy is upset and she got sicky. Let's hope her little tummy feels better tomorrow. I am very happy to hear that she pooped again and that she eye is clearing up. Ok Annie....This is Mytsi angel talking to you now. You know I am sticking right by your side for every second you need me and you have to promise me you are gonna continue to fight and to get better for your purrants and for all the rest of your family. They all love you very much and want you to get well so they can watch you grow and be happy and healthy. And Shadow T. is getting soooo excited that you are getting better he really wants you to get better so he can have a play buddy. So, lots more prayers coming from my meowmie and from my furrfamily to help get you well. And remember Mytsi angel is gonna be right by your side until you are not 100% but 150%. We all love you that much.

catcrazylady
05-06-2005, 10:00 PM
I'm sorry to hear that little Annie's tummy is upset. If your friends four year old was that taken with Annie it might be possible that she was over handled and that upset her tummy. I hope she feels all better now.

Isn't it amazing what one little furry critter can bring into peoples lives? So many people have the attitude of it's "just a cat or just a dog" and that is so untrue. They are God's creatures and just as amazing as humans if not more so. They touch peoples lives in so many ways. Little Annie sounds like a miracle in more ways than one. That is so wonderful!

Soapets
05-06-2005, 10:26 PM
Now she's got a little bit of diarrhea, but that's to be expected after the enema she got yesterday, isn't it? It isn't much. I'm going to try giving her some water in a bottle. The Vet. said to do that every once in awhile, and I'm kind of afraid to try any more formula right now, this soon after she vomited. I'm hoping she'll get rested up and start crying to be fed again within the next few hours. I'm sleeping in the recliner in the living room, where her carrier is, so I can hear her when she cries, so I can get up and take care of her as needed. I really AM going to get off the computer now. I've been up since 3:00 a.m. and it's now almost 10:30 p.m.:rolleyes:

Soapets
05-06-2005, 11:27 PM
OK, so I just got her to eat a little more formula with the Science Diet canned food mixed in. When I massaged her she pottied, and pooped---the poop was kind of like mustard squirting out of a mustard bottle, including the sound it made!:D Sorry, I just couln't resist posting that description!:D I'm so tired I'm becoming "silly"!

But I just realized that when I said she had "diarrhea" tonight, it was when I had been massaging her to go. Since she hadn't pooped at all when I'd done that before, I wasn't really expecting it. But isn't that what she's SUPPOSED to do? Isn't that what I've been worried about all week, because it WASN'T happening? The Vet. said it would probably be looser in consistency after the enema. So maybe it really isn't anything bad, like diarrhea, and maybe her system is finally working like it's supposed to be working!?!

I'm going to try to go back to sleep, if that little fart Shadow will leave me alone and LET me sleep! He seems to think that Friday nights are NOT nights to go to bed early.........

rg_girlca
05-07-2005, 12:15 AM
Little Orphan Annie, you have a lot of people who have fallen in love with you and are pulling for you to get well. So keep on fighting sweetie.

Those pictures, especially the last one, were just too darn cute.:)

Soapets
05-07-2005, 01:32 PM
She's eating better again for us today. I had been using the Hartz formula, which was what the Humane Society had given me for Shadow. Yesterday I took a new container of the KMR formula to my friend's house for her to use while she took care of Annie.

I wonder if THAT'S what caused the upset tummy, and vomiting. I'm going back to the Hartz formula today, even though I think I've read on some other threads that it's not the best one. But I'm mixing the Science Diet canned kitten food in with it, so it's probably OK. At least she isn't showing any sighs of an upset stomach with this, and she's eating better.

She's a little more active again today, too, wanting to get out and explore some. And her left eye is looking some better today. I had my husband take another roll of film in to Sam's Club for developing today, so I should have these back by Monday, or Tuesday at the very latest.

Again, please keep those prayers coming. We really appreciate and FEEL them. THANK YOU!

jenluckenbach
05-07-2005, 01:35 PM
It might have been the CHANGE of formula....(not the fact that Hartz is better than KMR). Any change in food can cause upset to a sensitive stomach.

Soapets
05-07-2005, 01:44 PM
Yes, the CHANGE in the formula was what I was thinking. If I had started out with KMR, it probably would have been better for her. But I think the Science Diet canned food mixed in with the Hartz formula is very nutricious for her, so I think I'll stick with that and donate the KMR formula mix to another kitten who needs it......

rg_girlca
05-07-2005, 03:17 PM
I'm so happy to hear that she is doing better.

But prayers still on the way for this precious little girl.

Soapets
05-07-2005, 08:52 PM
Annie is eating like a little PIGGY today :D and boy does she have a voice on her when she wakes up and she's hungry and she wants her bottle RIGHT NOW!:D

She hasn't had any diarrhea or vomiting today. She got some new toys today; and a scratch pad to share with Angel and Shadow; and a "Cat Hair Magnet" brush thingy from WalMart, to share with Angel and Shadow; and a "Purr Pad" to lay on to help keep her warm. Shadow got one of those, too, and Angel already has one that she got a long time ago.

Oh, and while my son and I were at WalMart, we were in a tornado warning and everyone had to go to the LayAway Dept. until the "all-clear" signal was given. We could hear the hail on the roof for awhile!:eek: It was the first time that's ever happened while we were at a WalMart store. We get tornado warnings quite a bit where we live, but usually we are at home hiding out in the basement when it happens. We were at a WalMart in Kearney, though, which is NOT where we live. We had gone to the Kearney area because there are some places around there where my son likes to go fishing. We saw the storm clouds building up, and decided to head to WalMart. Of course I had to go to the pet department and check things out!

That's about all for now. We're letting Annie get out and move around a little more today, too. She was climbing up the wires on the door to her carrier, crying, because she wanted to get out and explore so badly!:) She also met Sandi and Oreo close up for the first time, and they all three did just fine. :) Angel hissed at her but at least isn't hiding like she did when Shadow first came home. And Shadow has been trying to get at her all day, to play, but we haven't let him get as close to her as he would like at this point. The Vet. didn't think Shadow would catch anything too serious at this point from Annie, but we still don't want to take any chances.

I took pictures of Annie with Sandi and Oreo. I'll be sure to take pictures of her with Angel and Shadow, too, once they're allowed to be in closer contact with each other. I really really feel like we are well on our way to a "happily fur-ever after" with our Little Orphan Annie!:) And it wouldn't be that way if it weren't for all of your prayers! THANK YOU again!:)

krazyaboutkatz
05-08-2005, 12:48 AM
This sure is wondeful news!!!:D I'm also glad that you just had a tornado warning and not a tornado. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Annie sure is a little sweetheart.:)

dukedogsmom
05-08-2005, 03:52 AM
I'm so glad to hear that Annie is doing so well! We'll look forward to the pics.

King Spartacus
05-08-2005, 06:28 AM
Oh this is super news!!! Thank you for telling us!!! It sure made mine and mammas day to know that little Aniie is doing so much better!!! We can't wait to see more piccies of the little cutie!!!

We'll still keep you all in our thoughts and prayers, and hopefully little Annie will be feeling 100% (even thought is sounds like she's already on 98%!!!) and that your son will find his way.

Purries from King Spartacus, and a big hug from his mamma!

Soapets
05-08-2005, 06:55 AM
She pooped and pottied IN THE LITTERBOX this morning!:) :D First she cried, LOUDLY, then she ate and ate and ate and ate like a little piggy, then I put her in her litter box and she walked around and around and around and finally started digging, and then she pooped AND pottied, IN THE LITTERBOX!

Jods
05-08-2005, 07:06 AM
YAY ANNIE!!!!
:) :D :D

jenluckenbach
05-08-2005, 07:12 AM
Such a big girl now. :D

King Spartacus
05-08-2005, 07:16 AM
Well done Annie!!! Big round of "apppaws" all around!!!

catmandu
05-08-2005, 09:06 AM
That is wonderful news about annie,and you deserve,a lot of credit,for nursing Annie,back to Health.And we are praying,that she continues,to improve,nad grows,to be a Happy,Healthy Cat.Licks from Moose,The Magnificent,to Annie.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture156.jpg

catnapper
05-08-2005, 09:44 AM
Yay Annie!!!! What a good big little girl oyu are! You have cme such a far way - we knew you oculd do it!

kittycats_delight
05-08-2005, 10:49 AM
http://mywebpage.netscape.com/pinkygurlblink/images/congratyoudidita1.gif
We am very happy to hear that Annie is doing soo well. And that she pooped and pottied in the big ol litter box. And also it is great news that her little eye is clearing up. Mytsi angel thinks you are doing very well and she promises to say right with you until you are completely all better. Continued prayers coming from us all that includes meowmie Michelle, pawpie Guido me (Lilith), Vixen, Micia(our Italian sissie), Mytsi Angel who is with your right now and our furbro that barked(Shadow)

momcat
05-08-2005, 01:17 PM
Hey there, cutie! A day doesn't go by that I don't think of you and wonder how you're feeling. From what your human angel says, it sounds like you're doing better every day! Lots of love to you and your wonderful human angels!

rg_girlca
05-08-2005, 02:37 PM
YAY Little Annie. You go girl!!!!

I'm so glad to hear how well she is doing. All thanks to you for taking such good care of her. Bless you for pouring your heart out to precious Little Annie.

Give that sweet thing a little hug and kiss for me please.:D

iloverat
05-08-2005, 11:51 PM
That news just really makes my day!!!! :D What fantastic progress you are making!!! Am so happy for you, your skin and fur family.

krazyaboutkatz
05-09-2005, 12:47 AM
This is excellent news!!!:D Way to go Annie!!!:D

LauraT7
05-09-2005, 01:14 AM
That is EXCELLENT news to hear that Annie is doing so very well - and all due to the loving care of her new meowmie who would NOT give up on her!

She is one lucky kitty, to have found you and I am so happy to hear that she is gaining strength and health!

laura
'cattitude' and is being active and vocal -

Cataholic
05-09-2005, 05:19 AM
Yippee!!!! WAY TO GO, Annie and hoomans. :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-09-2005, 09:54 AM
Well I think we should all celebrate such wonderful news by being able to oooh and aaaah over new pictures! ;) :D

Yeah Annie!!! :D

ramanth
05-09-2005, 11:16 AM
Keeping Annie in my thoughts. :)

Soapets
05-09-2005, 02:12 PM
She's doing fine again today. She's eating well, and using the litterbox :) and sleeping. Her left eye continues to improve, and she seems more alert, and almost playful, when she's awake now. She wants to get out and explore. But she is also content wrestling with her little prayer lamb and/or CareBear when she's awake inside the carrier.

We think it might be OK to let Shadow get up close to the carrier now, as she doesn't seem to be "contagious" any more. (The Vet. told us he's healthy enough that he wouldn't get too sick even if he did catch it from her.) She's too little yet for all of his roughness, but at least maybe he can start getting more used to her scent, etc. We really haven't let him get very close to her at all in the week and two days (:eek: ALREADY?!;) ) that we've had her with us. Angel hasn't even really tried to get very close to her, although she HAS looked in at her in the carrier a few times, and hissed.

Today marks exactly ONE WEEK since the Humane Society Staff advised me to just bring her back to them, saying she was way too young to be medicated! She has made TREMENDOUS progress in that one week, and I have no regrets what-so-ever about seeking treatment for her through our own Vet.

I have to admit, though, that on Monday evening, Tuesday, and Tuesday evening last week, I really wasn't sure she was going to make it. I found myself questioning my own actions of trying to keep her alive, wondering if I really was just prolonging her suffering. After all, the Humane Society staff deal with this kind of thing a lot more than I do, and they are the ones who told me that the antibiotics would probably kill her if they did try to treat her with them. They said they never have any luck with antibiotics on kittens that young, so they don't even try them.

YOUR responses, prayers, support, encouragement, love, angels, etc., are what helped me to KNOW that I had made the right decision. I can't express my appreciation enough for all of the support you've given us over this past week! I'm sure that Little Orphan Annie is alive and getting well because of all of you, and I am forever grateful!;) :)

I went to Sam's Club to pick up my pictures, and they aren't back yet today.:mad: :( So I guess WE'LL ALL just have to wait until tomorrow for them. I'll get them on here as soon as possible, though.......

NKBurlington
05-09-2005, 02:20 PM
I'm so happy that she is doing well!

I hope she continues to improve and gets stronger and stronger

kittycats_delight
05-09-2005, 02:53 PM
http://sc.groups.msn.com/tn/79/10/ShadedExpressions/33/c1c.jpg

That a good girl Annie. We are so proud of your fighting sooo hard to get well. We all love you soooo much little munchkin. We are so glad meowmie decided to help you in that fight. Now look what she go for doing that. A precious, cute, beautiful, perfect little furrbaby. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Meowmie and Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Annie. Continuing to keep you in all our thoughts and prayers and Mytsi angel is staying right with you too.

iloverat
05-09-2005, 07:10 PM
Way to go, baby Annie!!!! We are all so pleased that you are doing so well. Keep it up and you will be a healthy kitten, ready to play with Shadow and your other fursibs really soon! We love you , girl and are still remembering you and all of your family in our prayers :D

Soapets
05-09-2005, 11:46 PM
Annie just vomited a little while ago.:( She has been eating really well all day, until this evening. She hasn't been very hungry this evening, and BOTH eyes are looking red around the edges now. I haven't changed her formula since we went back to the Hartz formula on Saturday. She pooped quite a bit in the litter box early this evening, and hasn't wanted to eat anything since about two hours before that. My son was holding her when she vomited, and says most of it was clear, with a little bit of white in it. She hasn't had any plain water, just formula with canned food mixed in. Could the clear stuff be sinus drainage or something?

I have tomorrow (Tuesday) off work, so I think I'll call the Vet. and maybe take Annie back in and have her checked again. I'd like to get another weight on her. I'm pretty sure she's gaining. Maybe she's becoming allergic to the ointment or something. Her right eye was starting to look a little red yesterday, so I put some of the ointment in that eye yesterday and today, as well as the left one that has been getting it in all along. That's what I was told to do if they both seemed red, etc. But they're both still open, and the left one was open a little wider today than it was yesterday.

On a more positive note, I finished another roll of film on Annie(and Shadow) today, and took it in to Sam's Club for developing. I should get the one we took in Saturday back tomorrow afternoon. The one I took in today should be back on Thursday. So hopefully I'll have LOTS more pictures of BOTH of them within the next few days.

I'll post more tomorrow after I take Annie to the Vet. again, and let everyone know how she is doing. I think it will be a fairly positive report. I am more and more optomistic every day!:)

kittycats_delight
05-10-2005, 09:40 AM
I am not sure what to tell you about the clear liquid in the vomit. I guess it could be drainage from the sinuses. I know when my sinuses drain it makes me pretty sick. I am glad to hear her eye is opening up more and more each day and I will be waiting to hear about her vet visit tomorrow and everything the vet says. I am also looking forward to seeing those pics. I think she will be just fine. But of course just to be on the safe side we are all sending lots of love and prayers for Annie and Mytsi angel still promises to stay right by Annie's side.

Kittycath
05-10-2005, 12:42 PM
I fostered some kittens from the Humane Society last year and they started vomiting that clear stuff with white in it. I took them to my vet and it turned out they had calicivirus virus and needed to be on intravenous antibiotics. This virus is deadly to kittens, so I would be sure to check it out just in case.

Soapets
05-10-2005, 03:16 PM
Here are some pictures:

http://www.samsphotoclub.com/users/1291632/53840254_1_425.jpg

http://www.samsphotoclub.com/users/1291632/53840255_1_425.jpg

I have to go pick up my son from school and take him to an appointment, so I'll write more here when I get back later......

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-10-2005, 03:27 PM
Oh sure....way to tease with pics and then take off on us! ;) :D

furrykidsmother
05-10-2005, 03:28 PM
OMG!! She is just too cute for words. I hope her vet visit went well today. Come on Annie you can do it!!

jenluckenbach
05-10-2005, 03:29 PM
http://www.samsphotoclub.com/users/1291632/53840254_1_425.jpg

LOL.......she looks like a hamster here :D:D:D

But she is adorable!

orangemm
05-10-2005, 03:58 PM
Sweet sweet baby! Annie, get better soon. We're all praying for you really hard.

Kittycath
05-10-2005, 04:09 PM
What did the vet say about Annie?

She is in my prayers...

Soapets
05-10-2005, 05:35 PM
Sorry I had to leave in a rush. I have LOTS more pictures here:

These three show her eating from the syringe my son is feeding her with on May 5th:
http://www.samsphotoclub.com/users/1291632/53840256_1_425.jpg

http://www.samsphotoclub.com/users/1291632/53840257_1_425.jpg

http://www.samsphotoclub.com/users/1291632/53840259_1_425.jpg

These next two show her after she ate, while she was on the blanket on Alex's lap. She is so "roly-poly"! She is showing off her beautiful colors:

http://www.samsphotoclub.com/users/1291632/53840260_0_425.jpg

http://www.samsphotoclub.com/users/1291632/53840261_0_425.jpg

More to come in the next post.......

Soapets
05-10-2005, 05:38 PM
MORE pictures:

These show Annie's left eye fairly well. (It is looking better every day, but still not totally normal):
http://www.samsphotoclub.com/users/1291632/53840263_0_425.jpg
http://www.samsphotoclub.com/users/1291632/53840264_0_425.jpg
http://www.samsphotoclub.com/users/1291632/53840265_0_425.jpg

Stay tuned for pictures of Annie and her Pawpie!:D

Soapets
05-10-2005, 05:40 PM
http://www.samsphotoclub.com/users/1291632/53840266_1_425.jpg
http://www.samsphotoclub.com/users/1291632/53840267_1_425.jpg

Is that a proud new pawpie or what!?!?!?:D

Soapets
05-10-2005, 05:44 PM
http://www.samsphotoclub.com/users/1291632/53840269_0_425.jpg
http://www.samsphotoclub.com/users/1291632/53840270_0_425.jpg
http://www.samsphotoclub.com/users/1291632/53840271_0_425.jpg

These are pictures of her in her carrier, with her CareBear, prayer lamb, and little toy mouse.

The prayer lamb says the following prayer:
"Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the Lord my soul to keep
May Angels watch me through the night
Until I wake to morning light"

Now how appropriate is that for this precious little girl?!:)

jenluckenbach
05-10-2005, 05:49 PM
AAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

now WHAT did the vet say???????

Soapets
05-10-2005, 06:00 PM
Here's the last of the pictures that I am going to post today:
http://www.samsphotoclub.com/users/1291632/53840272_0_425.jpg
http://www.samsphotoclub.com/users/1291632/53840273_0_425.jpg
http://www.samsphotoclub.com/users/1291632/53840274_0_425.jpg

OK! Now that I have the pictures all posted, I'll update you on other things:

Annie is eating like a little piggy again today, and her eyes are looking better. The right one looks normal again, and the left one is a little better than yesterday. I called the Vet. this morning and talked to the front desk person. She said she doesn't have a Vet. in the office this afternoon, and to just keep a close eye on little Annie for now. As long as she is eating and sleeping and pooping and pottying OK, she should continue to improve.

Annie is still on the Amoxi twice a day, and the eye ointment twice a day also. She is more alert and aware of things every day it seems. I am really concerned about the possibilty of the Calcivirus thing. I am just now getting home and reading this, so I'll have to look it up in the many books about kittens that I have, and see what they say about it. I know that my Vet. can be available on an emergency basis if necessary. I feel like Annie is doing quite a bit better every day, and except for the one incidence of vomiting yesterday evening, she is eating well and keeping it down.

I'll have to do some reading, and find out what some of you think, and see how Annie does this evening. Just when I start feeling like things are going really, really good, something like this comes up and kind of puts a damper on things. But I know there are still lots of prayers and support out there, so I think she'll continue to improve. She's a little fighter, and seems to have a strong will to live.

I did take Annie over to my "mother's" house yesterday (long story there, but a lady who is a mother figure to me) to meet her. I kind of wonder if that had anything to do with her vomiting last night. She vomited the day I had her stay at my friend's house last week while I worked a long day, too, but ate very well the next day. Could it be that the change in environment, or the car ride or something, is upsetting her stomach? I hope that's all it is. Like I said, Annie has been eating VERY well again today, more than ever.

I'll continue to update you, and please continue to offer prayers, support, encouragement, suggestions, etc. This is the first time I've ever had to do anything like this with such a young kitten, so I have a lot to learn yet and am open to all of your advice!

Thanks so much!:)

Grace
05-10-2005, 06:35 PM
She is so adorable!! And it's obvious that whatever you all are doing for her is working.

Prayers for as long as you and Annie need them, for sure.

Kittycath
05-10-2005, 07:05 PM
After the kittens I fostered started throwing up the clear liquid with the white stuff, they stopped eating, so that's a good sign it may not be calicivirus...praise God. She's so adorable. I'm glad she has a wonderful mommy and daddy who care so much about her. The Humane Society wanted to euthanize the kittens with their mommies, because they were sick. I paid for their care out of my own pocket too.

Soapets
05-10-2005, 07:29 PM
She vomited some thick white stuff tonight, so I called the Vet. and spoke to her directly. She said that as long as Annie is eating well for the most part, eliminating normally, and not acting depressed, to just keep an eye on her for now. We can take a stool sample in tomorrow to be tested for worms, and also can take Annie in to have her lungs listened to again, etc.

Annie does seem almost playful tonight.

I gotta go---the tornado sirens are sounding and we're going to hide out in the basement until the "all clear" is given...... We already have the furkids down there.

Be back later, I hope!

christa
05-10-2005, 08:04 PM
Wow, I've had a lot of reading to catch up on since I visited this post last!

Annie seems to be doing better! I'm so glad that she has you and your family fighting for her!

She is so sweet!

Keeping Annie in my thoughts & prayers!

:)

Soapets
05-10-2005, 09:31 PM
Well, little Annie ate quite a bit again just a little while ago. Shadow's climbing up my leg to join me now. I'll go ahead and post a couple of his pictures here, too:
http://www.samsphotoclub.com/users/1291632/53840251_0_425.jpg
http://www.samsphotoclub.com/users/1291632/53840253_1_425.jpg
Look at how big Shadow is in the postal scale bucket thingy compared with Annie:
http://www.samsphotoclub.com/users/1291632/53840255_1_425.jpg

The tornado warning is over and the storm system has moved on to the north and to the east. Shadow did NOT like being confined to his carrier while we were taking shelter in the basement!

Annie did just fine, but she started crying because she was hungry again just before we got the "all clear" to resume normal activity. She ate quite a bit, and is now snuggled up to her CareBear, sleeping.

I'll post more tomorrow if there is any news re. worms, lungs, etc......

catnapper
05-11-2005, 07:50 AM
Look at how impossibly cute she is! I would have done the exact same thing as you - no way I could have put her to sleep! I knw what its like to have a sick foster and feel helpless and worried all the time. My little foster pulled through with flying colors and I soooooooo wanted to keep him. But he had a home all waiting for him once he was 100% healthy. He's now living the life of a pampered prince with his new family. Will Annie be living the pampered life rightwhere she is, or will she be spoiled by a new family? Fostering is hard work, isn't it? Its VERY rewarding too, you are already seeing its many blessings and the effect it has not only you, the cats, but your family also.

So glad to hear how well she's doing! Keep up the good work. She's thriving because of your care and tenderness for her.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-11-2005, 10:26 AM
Awww.....she is just such a cutie pie! I'm so glad you guys were willing to go the extra mile for her. She is going to grow up to be a real beauty! The picture with her pawpie is just too adorable! And Shadow you silly kitty! Just because Annie goes on the scale that means you have to also? ;) :D

Thanks for all the pics and uppydates! :D

smokey the elder
05-11-2005, 10:31 AM
What a gorgeous little kitten!

rg_girlca
05-11-2005, 04:25 PM
I'm so glad to hear how far along little Annie has come.
What adorable pictures of her and Shadow is such a sweetie also.

I'm also happy to hear that the Tornado warning is over and everyone remained safe.

How did little Annie's vet appointment go?

momcat
05-11-2005, 05:20 PM
Annie, it doesn't take much to fall totally and completely in love with you! You are so very lucky to have found a meowmie and a pawpie that protect you, care for you, and love you so very much. You have acquired quite an extensive fan club here on PT. Please ask meowmie and pawpie to keep those pictures coming. It's so nice watching you grow healthy and strong. Keep getting better there, little one!

K & L
05-11-2005, 08:08 PM
She is just too precious for words. She is one lucky kitty to have such caring people in her life. Can't wait for more photos!

Don Juan's mom
05-12-2005, 01:57 AM

http://www.samsphotoclub.com/users/1291632/53840267_1_425.jpg

Awwwww, what a cutie. And Annie is adorable, too! :D

Liz

NoahsMommy
05-12-2005, 03:28 AM
I'm so glad our baby is doing so well with you and your sweet hubby.

Please give Annie little kisses for me.

Hugs,
Kelly :)

Barbara
05-12-2005, 05:42 AM
How sweet she is:) And how much she has grown. She will be a beauty.

Shadow is so handsome too. When I first read about him being rough I thought he was an adult cat:D And he is a baby by himself:D

Soapets
05-12-2005, 11:33 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid168/p496207cc32bb6b08344e4c1134e0dbdf/f4236b9e.jpg
Sandi & Oreo meeting Annie

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid168/pb9b016e1d2fc770651cd0ef8db114f58/f4236ba8.jpg
Annie attacks CareBear!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid168/p70840d3d0e3ea02319a48766cc2b5c55/f4236ba2.jpg

Soapets
05-12-2005, 11:39 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid168/p9090f606114e3be3b5468bcc586ff107/f4236514.jpg
Meowmie feeding Little Orphan Annie with her bottle
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid168/pc5e1c359885faf9bd298fa6fa39f8d26/f4236756.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid168/pdb105faa80d7711d494ae3b9dede9dcd/f4236bb7.jpg
Annie in her carrier, heading for the open door!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid168/p3b963a048282845c5aefb5c3be6a3368/f4236b9f.jpg

Soapets
05-12-2005, 11:45 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid168/paa6c419309e52340d1b452a4588ba0b0/f4236bb0.jpg
Shadow sure wants to play with Annie!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid168/pbe975389f211dbbc9901ed2fc6a0b2aa/f4236ba0.jpg

Soapets
05-12-2005, 11:57 PM
Annie's little tail is totally surrounded by white at the base. It looks like a big long cone protruding from her rear!:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid168/p18c7ae6eaaa2137438085e24318bce48/f4236bb4.jpg

Annie is doing OK. The test for worms came out negative. She has been eating, pottying, pooping, and sleeping well. She is also wanting out of her carrier more, and showing some signs of actually playing.

Shadow gave Annie a bath and lots of kisses tonight! He was really gentle with her, and it was obvious that Annie really enjoyed Shadow's attention. It was so cute! I took pictures, of course, and will take this roll of film in to Sam's Club tomorrow for developing. I won't get it back until Tuesday, probably, since I have to work tomorrow and won't get it in on time to be back Monday.

dukedogsmom
05-13-2005, 12:38 AM
I am so happy to see her doing so well! I know you must be, too. I still can't get over how tiny she is. Shadow was a sweet kitty to give her a bath. I'll bet she can't wait until she's bigger and stronger so she can finally be let loose.

krazyaboutkatz
05-13-2005, 12:41 AM
The pictures sure are cute. Shadow looks so huge next to little Annie. I'm so glad that she's doing so well and I hope she continues to thrive in your care.:)

tomkatzid
05-13-2005, 03:46 AM
1:43 am
Annie I check in on you as soon as I get home from work at night and am so pleased your doing well.
You are a little doll.
Katz

jenluckenbach
05-13-2005, 05:02 AM
What adorable pictures! :D

Craftlady
05-13-2005, 05:13 AM
What a sweetheart :)
Thanks for sharing photos with us.

kittycats_delight
05-13-2005, 09:08 AM
Look at that belly :eek: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid168/p18c7ae6eaaa2137438085e24318bce48/f4236bb4.jpg

That looks like a full and happy belly to me. You are doing great with Annie. And she really seems to be thriving in your loving hands. Good Job We are all so proud of you and your family and of course our sweet little Annie too. Continue to grow strong little one so you can play play play and be happy and healthy with your new family and enjoy your Furrever home.

King Spartacus
05-13-2005, 09:16 AM
I just ADORE those piccies of Annie and Shadow!!! They're both stunning! and yes... Shadow does look like a GIANT next to little Annie!!!

furrykidsmother
05-13-2005, 09:50 AM
So very happy that Annie is doing so much better. Keep up the good work little girl! You are doing a really wonderful job with her.

momcat
05-13-2005, 04:48 PM
Wow! The progress Annie has made under your care and love is extraordinary! So much for that Humane Society. What a beautiful little girl Annie is and getting healthier all the time. Her eating, pottying, and wanting to explore her surroundings can only be positive signs that she's most definitely on the mend. It's hard to imagine just how tiny she is but the way things are going, she won't be for long. To Meowmie and Pawpie, Annie's special angels, you have proven what caring and a whole lot of love can do. You are both true miracle workers and as an animal lover I thank you! Please give Annie a lot of lovebug from me? And please keep us posted. Can't wait to see the next round of pictures.....

nsweezie
05-13-2005, 04:58 PM
What a little sweetie!
My parents raised a kitten from age 3 weeks, and that cat grew up to be extremely affectionate and loving. They had her for 14 years.
I can see that Annie is thriving, please keep up the pictures, as I check everyday to see how she is doing!
Louise

rg_girlca
05-13-2005, 05:08 PM
I just love these pictures. Annie you are such a little sweetpea.

Prayers still on the way that you continue to thrive in your meowmie and pawpie's care.

Seeing Shadow grooming little Annie must have turned you into mush.

Can't wait to see more pictures.:D

Soapets
05-13-2005, 07:54 PM
Annie is still eating well. She's using her litter box very well, also, and no more problems with either constipation or diarrhea. Her left eye is open more and more, but it appears a little cloudy yet. I don't know if she has any sight in it, or if she will ever have any sight in it. It doesn't appear to be uncomfortable to her, though.

If the cloudiness in it doesn't clear up any more, I think I'll take her to my workplace some day when I have the day off, and have one of my bosses (EYE DOCTORS) take a look at it, to see what they think. The eye was still pretty much closed when I had one of them look at it briefly last week.

She's been out of her carrier and wandering around a little more when we're home to watch her, and to protect her from Shadow when he gets a little too rough with her!:D She sure does like him, though---the expression on her face when he's licking her, or "hugging" her, is just priceless! Those two will be good for each other, and it appears that they are already developing a close bond.

It's hard to believe that they're actually only about five weeks apart in age! She'll catch up to some degree, but we think Shadow is going to be one BIG boy when he reaches his full adult size!:D

That's about all for today. My husband took the roll of film in to Sam's Club this evening, so we'll get it back on Tuesday. I know I work all day on Tuesday, so I'll pick the pictures up and get them posted on Tuesday evening. I LOVE pictures, too, so I can hardly wait to see them along with all of you!;)

While you're saying prayers for Annie, could you please remember to offer prayers of GRATITUDE for how well she is doing, as well as prayers for continued improvement in her health, sight, etc.?

Thank you all SO MUCH for your continued prayers, encouragement, support, etc. It really means a LOT to us, and I know that's why Annie is doing as well as she is. If she isn't a "Pet Talk baby", I don't know who IS!

I'm just glad that we're the ones who have had the privilege of actually seeing her "in purson", and of holding her, and feeding her with the bottle and syringes, and taking pictures of her to share with all of you, etc.---even if it's meant we've had to clean up her messes (she pooped in the litter box the other day, then stepped in it, and got it all over her underside and feet and blanket, and when my husband took her out of her carrier to feed her when he got home from work that afternoon, she got it all over HIM :eek: :D) and worry about doing the right things for her, etc. We wouldn't trade this entire experience for anything else in the world......

Craftlady
05-13-2005, 08:04 PM
I'm so glad things are working out so well and everyone is doing great. Now, you got to work on hubby to get you a digital camera so we all dont have to wait so long for photos :)

christa
05-13-2005, 08:16 PM
Can't wait to see those new pics!!!

Soapets
05-13-2005, 08:23 PM
I'm saving up for a Digital camera. I have a part-time job working in our church nursery, taking care of babies and toddlers, on weekends and some evenings during the week. I have enough now to get a digital camera, but want to wait until after my "pay-day" this month from that job, so I can get a little better one. Believe me, it's something I've been thinking about and wishing for and saving for, so it WILL happen sooner or later. And now that I have little Annie, and bigger Shadow, I have a lot more reason to make it happen sooner rather than later!:D

kittycats_delight
05-13-2005, 09:03 PM
what a girl our Annie is. She is doing so well under your loving and kind hands. Keep those pics coming and keep on getting better little one. yeaaaaaaaaaaaa Annie

Soapets
05-14-2005, 10:51 PM
Annie is still eating OK, and using the litter box. I'm trying to get her to start eating some canned food out of her little food bowl, but she's not too interested in it yet. I'll keep on offering it to her, though. Her left eye still doesn't look very good, but we'll keep putting the ointment in and keep praying that it will be normal, or at least that it won't cause her any problems. She's a liitle sweetheart. Shadow wants so much to play with her!:D

Annie walks among Sandi and Oreo without any fear. Now the only one left to really interact with her is Angel. Angel isn't hiding as much as she did when we first brought Shadow home. But she isn't too interested in getting to know Annie yet, either. Whenever she sees her, she looks at her, then runs away. But she'll come around, I'm sure. She'll probably be GLAD that Annie is around when Annie gets big enough to play with Shadow, because maybe Shadow will leave Angel alone when he can play with little Annie!:D

I guess that's about all for now. I should have more pictures to post on Tuesday, if not sooner..........

rg_girlca
05-14-2005, 11:04 PM
IN YOUR FACE HS, for wanting to have Annie PTS.

See what a little, well actually, a lot of love, care and medicine has done for this precious little one.

Congratulations to you and your hubby on a job well done in getting Little Annie this far and thank you for sharing her with us.

Prayers on the way that her little eye gets better without any complications.

jenluckenbach
05-15-2005, 05:09 AM
If you want to tempt her with canned food, mix a little kmr in with it. start with more liquid and less food and gradually change it to more food and less liquid.

momcat
05-15-2005, 01:58 PM
How far you and pawpie have brought Annie over these past days and weeks! How is "our" little girl feeling today? Such a beautiful and precious little thing. It's so good to know that she's starting to explore and play a bit. I do hope that you'll consider entering Annie for Cat of the Day! Her story proves what a whole lot of love can do when all odds didn't seem in your favor. You and pawpie are Annie's very own special angels! You have done an exceptional job and you have little Annie. Hope she continues to grow healthy and strong. And she will return to you all the love you've shown her. Please give her a hug from me?

Soapets
05-15-2005, 10:35 PM
Annie is still eating, sleeping, and using the litter box just fine. She likes to get out and explore and play a little, too, when she's awake. I am worried about her left eye. I don't think she has any sight in it, and it is cloudy in appearance. I think it must have been injured in some way before we got her, not just an eye infection. It is open now almost as wide as the right eye, but it doesn't look good to me. I'm still putting the ointment in it twice a day. I have the afternoon off work tomorrow, so I'll see if I can take her to the Vet. again tomorrow afternoon to have the eye checked now that it is open more. It wasn't open very much yet when we had her there on May 5th. I'm anxious to get another weight on her, too. I think she's almost doubled in size since we first brought her home!

My son and I have been gone all day today. He found an orphaned duckling in one of our city fishing ponds yesterday, and brought it home with him yesterday evening. I found a Wildlife Rescue Team in Lincoln, and called them up to see if anyone could take the little duckling and raise it until it's old enough to release into the wild. So we ended up driving to Lincoln today to give the little duck to someone there who will keep it and take care of it for now. She said she has two other little ducklings about the same size. The one my son found is only a couple of days old. It was swimming all alone on the pond where he was fishing, crying, but none of the other duck families there would claim it. So he caught it and brought it home and kept it here overnight, and we took it to Lincoln today.

The person who is going to care for it said she will release it when it is about 12-14 weeks old. She called me this evening to let me know that our little duckling settled in fine with the two others she is caring for that are similar in size and approximate age. She has four others that are slightly older, too. My husband stayed home and took care of Sandi and Oreo, Angel, Shadow, and little Annie. I took some pictures of the little duck, so when I get this roll developed I'll post them here, too. After all, it WAS little Annie's, and Shadow's, and Angel's, Oreo's, and Sandi's foster sibling for one night!:D And I WAS able to let this one go on to another home, so I FINALLY passed a fostering class!:D

OK, so it WASN'T a kitten fostering class, it was a duckling fostering class----but it WAS a VERY cute little duck, and it WAS hard to see it go, in a lot of ways, but we knew that it would be much better off where it is now than with us. How many cats do you know who will accept a little duckling for a sibling?!?!? Or dogs?!?!?

I guess that's about all for now. I'll post more tomorrow afternoon sometime, and will have PICTURES by Tuesday evening.......

rg_girlca
05-16-2005, 12:02 AM
Congratulations Deb on your first Fostering success. Good luck little duckling.:D

Prayers on the way for Little Annie's eye. I hope she isn't blind in it.

I will be anxious to know how much weight she has put on.
You guys are doing such a fantastic job with her. Bless you all.

Can't wait to see more pictures of her and your foster duckling.:)

Soapets
05-16-2005, 01:30 PM
Annie has a Vet. appointment at 2:15 today. She sounded a little congested again last night and this morning:( and I'm really worried about her left eye. She didn't eat the best yesterday, either, according to my husband. She ate pretty well just a little while ago, and boy was she letting me know how hungry she was when I walked in the door when I got home from work!:rolleyes:

She got into her poop in her litter box this morning, and got it all over ME when I picked her up to feed her when I first woke up!:rolleyes: For some reason it's not quite so funny when it happens to me instead of to my husband!:D He had already left for work, so he didn't get to enjoy it much, though. She got a bath, and then I got a bath!

I'll post more this evening. Annie's appointment is at 2:15, and I have to pick my son up from school at 3:30 and take him to a 4:00 appointment. I probably won't have time to get back here until this evening..........

Soapets
05-16-2005, 05:39 PM
Annie weighed 12 ounces at the Vet. appointment today, up from 9 1/2 ounces on May 5th.

As for her eye, it is still showing some corneal erosion-like symptoms, and is developing a corneal scar. The Vet. says that Annie probably had some kind of viral infection that settled in that eye, Chlaymidial or something similar. She won't have good vision out of that eye because of the extensive corneal scar that is developing, but she should have at least light-perception vision with that eye. We need to keep instilling the ointment twice a day for as long as it takes.

As for her lungs and sinuses, there is still a little bit of congestion present but it is a lot better than it was before. We just need to keep giving her the Amoxi twice a day until it's all gone.

And we're supposed to keep on feeding little Annie as much as she wants to eat, whenever she wants to eat it.

We have to go back for a re-check of the left eye next week, on the 24th at 2:00.

And I'll have more PICTURES to post tomorrow evening............

jenluckenbach
05-16-2005, 07:32 PM
Sounds good. :D

catcrazylady
05-16-2005, 07:36 PM
What a shame that her little eye will be scarred and leave damage. Poor little girl.:( Of course, as we have all learned from the many sight impaired kitties on PT that it probably won't bother her at all!!!;) :D
Keep on eating little Annie and take your meds like a good girl. One day soon you will be all well and helping your little brother Shadow tear up the house!:D :D :D

momcat
05-16-2005, 08:07 PM
Such good news about little Annie's progress and weight gain! Poor little girl has certainly been through the wringer in her short life. Way to go, little Annie! Keep fighting, look how far you've come! Lots of hugs to you. Can't wait to see how much cuter she is since the last pictures... if she can get any cuter. My best wishes to meowmie and pawpie, too!!!

rg_girlca
05-16-2005, 09:31 PM
Congratulations on the good weight gain.
It's too bad about her little eye, but like Lisa said, with all the visually impaired kitties on here, she should have no problem adjusting to it.
I'm glad to hear that she is getting better with the Amoxi.
Keep getting well and stronger Little Annie. You have such a long, good life ahead of you. :)

Fabulous job meowmie & pawpie. Bless you both.:D

kittycats_delight
05-16-2005, 09:36 PM
Good job on the weight gain little Annie. You are doing so well. So sorry to her about her eye. Poor little baby she has gone through so much. She is a fighter and if it wasn't for your love and persistance in saving her she may not have made it this far. She will do just fine no matter what the future holds for her eye. She's a real spitfire and she is in the best place she can possibly be as you love her and care for her so much. Keep up the good work.

Soapets
05-16-2005, 10:04 PM
It was two weeks ago today that the Humane Society staff told me there wasn't any hope for her. I consider this to be two weeks into the "second" of her "nine" lives. Every day that goes by is another day to be thankful for her continued progress. She is growing stronger every day, and will hopefully continue to do so.

Just keep the prayers coming, and she can do nothing BUT get better!:)

momcat
05-17-2005, 04:54 PM
Hey there, sweet little Annie! How are you feeling today? Please tell meowmie and pawpie I said hello?

Soapets
05-17-2005, 07:10 PM
Shadow in the window:
http://www.samsphotoclub.com/users/1291632/54417891_2_425.jpg
http://www.samsphotoclub.com/users/1291632/54417892_2_425.jpg

Annie crawled up in the fold of the "Cat Pad" that was in her carrier, peeking out over the top of it:
http://www.samsphotoclub.com/users/1291632/54417893_1_425.jpg

Annie showing off her beautiful colors again (Notice how the tail looks like a plunger handle or something stuck to her butt:D )
http://www.samsphotoclub.com/users/1291632/54417894_0_425.jpg

MORE TO COME......

sandragonfly
05-17-2005, 07:16 PM
meanwhile.. *waiting...*

this took me days and days to read all throughout the sad starting thread! and very delighted to hear the good end!! maybe you should make a new happy thread with those pictures of this lovely annie!

great job, jan!!! *yiipeee in the air* :)

Soapets
05-17-2005, 07:17 PM
http://www.samsphotoclub.com/users/1291632/54417896_2_425.jpg

WHAT? WHAT'D I DO? I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING! JUST LET US PLAY, ALREADY, WILL YA?!?
http://www.samsphotoclub.com/users/1291632/54417907_2_425.jpg

http://www.samsphotoclub.com/users/1291632/54417908_2_425.jpg

http://www.samsphotoclub.com/users/1291632/54417909_4_425.jpg

MORE ON THE WAY...........

kittycats_delight
05-17-2005, 07:25 PM
owwww ooooowwwwww oowwww waiting for more :D

jenluckenbach
05-17-2005, 07:32 PM
Those two are WAY too cute!!! :D

Soapets
05-17-2005, 07:33 PM
http://www.samsphotoclub.com/users/1291632/54417910_2_425.jpg

http://www.samsphotoclub.com/users/1291632/54417911_2_425.jpg

HELP! MEOWMIE! GET HER OFF! GET HER OFF OF ME, I TELL YA!
http://www.samsphotoclub.com/users/1291632/54417912_2_425.jpg

That's all the pictures for today. Annie is out exploring a little now, as Shadow must be taking a nap somewhere.

She has learned to SPIT OUT HER MEDICINE (Amoxi) when I give it to her!:D She's getting ornery, the little fart!:)

jenluckenbach
05-17-2005, 07:36 PM
More cuteness overload! :D:D

kittycats_delight
05-17-2005, 07:38 PM
Look out Shadow you days of ruling the kingdom are over. Princess Annie is taking over the thrown and she will fight you to get you off it too. LOL This pic is priceless. http://www.samsphotoclub.com/users/1291632/54417912_2_425.jpg

Our baby girl got spunk. Well we had to know we have a fighter on our hands when she beat the odds huh?

Love you Princess Annie. Keep on getting better and TAKE YOUR AMOXI !!

rg_girlca
05-17-2005, 08:04 PM
Oh, I am so in love with this little girl. I never realized what beautiful markings and coloring she has. What a little sweetheart.

Those pictures with Shadow are "PRICELESS"

Little Annie, sweetie, please be a good girl and do not spit out your medication. You need it so you can get all better.

Give that precious little girl and widdle hug and kiss for me please.:D

dukedogsmom
05-17-2005, 08:40 PM
Those are just too cute! I'm so glad to see that she's doing so well. I know it really makes you happy, too.

krazyaboutkatz
05-18-2005, 12:37 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Annie's eye:( but I'm so glad that she's been gaining weight and is doing well. :) The pictures of her and Shadow are priceless. They're going to be best friends.:D

furrykidsmother
05-18-2005, 11:10 AM
The pictures of Shadow and Annie together are just adorable!! She has come along way thanks to you and your husband. Thank you for taking such good care of her. Come on Annie, be a good girl and take your medicine!

Don Juan's mom
05-18-2005, 12:14 PM
Annie is developing CATITUDE ? Sounds like she's going to be juuuuuust fine. ;)

Liz

momcat
05-18-2005, 04:57 PM
Hi there, Sweet Annie! Boy, are you ever amazing! Getting stronger and healthier each day! Saw your picture with Shadow, you both make a pair beyond adorable! And as for you, how much cuter can you possibly get? Keep on eating that good food meowmie and pawpie are giving you. Lots of lovebug to you and Shadow. Hi meowmie and pawpie! What beautiful kitty-kids you have.....

Soapets
05-21-2005, 10:32 AM
I wanted to keep THIS thread going as long as it seemed there was still some question as to whether or not she would survive. But I'm happy to say that we now feel pretty confident that Little Orphan Annie is well on her way to a long, healthy, happy life.:D

I really want to thank, again, each and every one of you who has prayed for her, offered support, encouragement, advice, etc. over the past three weeks. This PT forum is AWESOME in that respect. I don't think little Annie would be doing nearly as well as she is doing without all of you.

So I've posted another link to day about Little Orphan Annie AND her brother Shadow:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79734

I'm going to start posting them like that now, instead of as a continuation of this thread. I FINALLY feel that little Annie is WELL ON HER WAY to a HAPPILY FUREVER AFTER!:D :)

momcat
05-21-2005, 05:17 PM
You both are growing up, getting so big and strong. Shadow, it's really nice that you want to play with your baby sister and teach her everything she needs to know about being a kitty with a house to run and humans to control. I'm sure you're going to be a GREAT big brother, you already are. It's important to remember that Annie is still a little baby and she's not quite ready to play like you do. Once Annie grows up just a little bit more, you might be telling us that she's driving you crazy. You did a super job teaching her how to use the computer! Would you teach me now?

Annie, you have come so very far these past few weeks and it's so good to know that you're getting better and stronger every day. You're one lucky little girl to have Shadow for a big brother.

Hi, meowmie and pawpie! Hope you have a great weekend. That's a beautiful kitty family you have there. You have done WONDERS for Annie!!!!!