PDA

View Full Version : The evils of Tupperware

Glacier
05-01-2005, 01:04 PM
My mom's best friend is a tupperware dealer--a big wig with the company actually since she's been selling it since the dawn of time! So I have tons of tupperware. Nice, safe products I thought.

Did you know tupperware makes a veggie peeler? Did you know said peeler will take the tip right off your finger if you miss the potato? Neither did I, but I am now missing a good chunk out of my left index finger to prove it!!! Good thing I am right handed! Typing is very slow today!!

Evil tupperware!!

LoudLou
05-01-2005, 01:46 PM
:( Yes, Tupperware is Evil.
I've had a few run ins with the stuff too.
Hope your finger gets better very soon.

Daisy and Delilah
05-01-2005, 01:55 PM
Sorry to hear this Glacier. OUCH!! I know that's gonna be pretty sore if not already. Good luck and I hope it gets better!!:)

Terry

RobiLee
05-01-2005, 01:58 PM
OUCH!!! Thats gotta hurt!

Sorry to hear this Glacier. Hope it heal quick!

RICHARD
05-01-2005, 02:08 PM
Pampered chef makes an particularly evil orange peeler, I cut the palm of my hand open with one....

I think that these products make life easier make it easier for hospitals to make money....

BTW,

You weren't making vegetable chili, were you???:eek:

Hope you get better!!!

Glacier
05-01-2005, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
BTW,

You weren't making vegetable chili, were you???:eek:

Hope you get better!!!

LOL! No, i was not making chili. I was making home cut french fries. I quit after the peeler incident. I figured a knife would not be safe thing!

IRescue452
05-01-2005, 04:20 PM
Evil stuff. I don't like tupperare because food takes on the taste of the plastic. Happy healing.

Oggyflute
05-02-2005, 02:07 AM
To be honest I use a set of super sharp chef's knives for just about everything. The sharper the blade the less likely accidents will happen.

Have you ever noticed how tupperware propagates in the cupboard, you always end up with more than when you started, and all with different lids..........:confused: :D

LoudLou
05-02-2005, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by Oggyflute
....Have you ever noticed how tupperware propagates in the cupboard, you always end up with more than when you started, and all with different lids..........:confused: :D

YES! I swear they are like those Star Trek Tribbles!