PDA

View Full Version : Petition - Dog and Cat fur (also in Cat & Dog General)

ChrisH
04-30-2005, 03:11 PM
Please add your name.

http://www.heathermillsmccartney.com/petition.php?

Chris

flamepony12
04-30-2005, 03:16 PM
I saw the thread in Dog General and signed. How absolutely horrid!! :(:mad:

moosmom
04-30-2005, 03:16 PM
Chris,

I signed it! That is DISGUSTING!!! 74 animals killed for one stinking garment!! :mad: :mad:

bluekat
04-30-2005, 11:52 PM
Signed it.. That is just too sad :(

NoahsMommy
05-01-2005, 05:53 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: HORRID!!!

I signed...

anna_66
05-01-2005, 06:33 AM
Although I want to say I can't belive things like this go on, I'm really not surprised. It's just so sad and infuriating at the same time:( :mad: Expecially when you hear them say things like

Asian merchants bragged that they could fraudulently label any item to confuse consumers, dye it to appear as though it was faux fur (or even mink) or not label it at all.

Why would you want to do that? Guess I've answered my own question...Money:(

ChrisH
05-01-2005, 01:29 PM
Thanks for signing, I am sure every name added will help.

Luvin Labs
05-01-2005, 01:31 PM
Signed, hope it helps!

slick
05-01-2005, 02:03 PM
I started to read the story but it's just too painful. :( :(

I signed.

Oggyflute
05-02-2005, 02:35 AM
I signed, though like slick I wasn't up to reading the full story.:(

elizabethann
05-02-2005, 04:06 PM
CBS or NBC did a show on this many years ago. I sat there and watched it and cried my eyes out. It was so sad to see video of these poor cats and dogs being slaughtered for their fur. The big controversy was that the coats were found at Burlington Coat Factory. I believe they have since stopped selling that particular coat. After watching that show, it was at that time that I decided I wouldn't buy things labeled "Made in China". Most of this senseless slaughter happens in the Asian markets. If you shop at The Christmas Tree Shop, you'll see alot of things labeled Made in China. Well, I guess if you shop anywhere, you'll see the "Made in China" label. I try to make a point of looking at the label to see where things were made. If it was made in any Asian country, I don't buy it. Usually, I don't buy it unless it's made in the USA, but we all know that's hard to find these days. I try to buy locally made products. I have to pay more for them but at least I know they're helping the US economy. Until China stops this senseless killing (and stops communism too), they won't get a dime from me.

Just me .02 cents.

*LabLoverKEB*
05-02-2005, 06:31 PM
Signed.

:( :( :mad: :mad:

jennifert9
05-02-2005, 06:59 PM
Signed. How very sad.
I also saw that show about China. It was horrible. I won't buy or wear anything with any type of fur in it or on it, "fake" or otherwise...
I applaud you for your integrity elizabethann. Very honorable.