PDA

View Full Version : Okay, I never made it to the shelter this morning, but...

moosmom
04-30-2005, 11:58 AM
MooShoo and I, while on our usual Saturday excursion to PetSmart, stopped to talk to a representative of SwheatScoop Cat Litter. A couple came up to talk to her about cat litter and had THE most BEAUTIFUL black kitten in the whole wide world!!!

They were saying how they just adopted her from the Grosse Ile Animal Shelter. I went NUTS!!!!! I shouted, "My baby!!!!!" and held out my arms. This woman thought I must've been outta my mind and said, "What do you mean YOUR baby? This is MY baby!!" It turns out the kitten she was holding was Sassie!!!!

They went to the shelter at 9:45 a.m. to make SURE they adopted her. The lady let me hold her and Sassie, now named Flower, immediately started purring in my ear and climbed up on my shoulder!!!

I told them that it really made me happy that she was going to such a wonderful home. They told me that all the kittens got adopted today!

That whole incident made my whole day!! She is going to such a wonderful home!

kittycats_delight
04-30-2005, 12:02 PM
It's wonderful that all those dollies got there furever homes. And super duper wonderful that Sassie got a marvelous home. :D :D :D WOOHOO YEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHH. That's just great!!!!

momcat
04-30-2005, 12:16 PM
What an incredible story! What are the chances of running into Sassie's new adopted family at PetSmart! And apparently Sassie remembered you, snuggling up and purring when you held her. I'm sure that knowing where (s)he will be and that (s)he'll be well cared for eases your mind. Funny how things work out sometimes!

MULTICATMOM
04-30-2005, 01:17 PM
DEAR DONNA, THAT JUST RULES!!:D :D :D

IT'S A SMALL WORLD AFTERALL:eek: :D :D

furrykidsmother
04-30-2005, 02:46 PM
What a WONDERFUL thing to have happen. It is a small world after all!

catmandu
04-30-2005, 03:39 PM
That was so wonderfu,that you ran,into Sassie,and her New Guardians,as they were picking out,some Great Food,and Toys for her.And that Sassie,was able,to thank you puuusonally,for the hours,that you spent together at the Shelter,is very touching!Thank You,for sharing that story.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture113.jpg

rg_girlca
04-30-2005, 09:38 PM
Oh Donna, that is such great news.
I could just picture that woman's face when you shouted, "My baby". I bet that was a kodak moment. LOL!!!!

kimlovescats
04-30-2005, 09:52 PM
Thank you for the much-needed smile you just brought to my face. I can just see that woman now, defending her new baby from the crazy lady in PetSmart!:eek: :D

moosmom
04-30-2005, 10:09 PM
The look on her face WAS priceless!! But as soon as I told her WHO I was and the fact that the kitten she was holding was born in my apartment, she relaxed. She wanted to know all about Sassie, like when she was born (8 a.m. February 25th) and what kind of food and litter she preferred.

I actually gave her a hug and apologized for scaring her like that. I told her I was so greatful that Flower (aka Sassie) was going to such a wonderful home. I then kissed Flower, told her I loved her and to have a great life!

Craftlady
04-30-2005, 10:37 PM
Maybe you can get update photos and info from her in the future. :)
That is so neat that you ran into her at PetSmart.

shais_mom
04-30-2005, 10:38 PM
That is awesome! :)

Cincy'sMom
04-30-2005, 10:46 PM
How neat!! Glad you got to see Sassie and find that she went to a good home!

NoahsMommy
05-01-2005, 06:00 AM
Oh Donna...that must make you feel so great knowing where Sassy was going. Yay!! Great news!!

I remember when I found out that Oliver went to a great home...that was such a huge relief for me.

Hugs,
Kelly :)

catcrazylady
05-01-2005, 07:30 AM
I'm picturing the whole scene and laughing my head off! I can just imagine what that poor woman thought at first! Too funny!
That sure has to make you feel so good! So many times you never know what happens to the babies but in this case you know Flower is going to be one very spoiled baby! How absolutely WONDERFUL!!!:) :) :)

catnapper
05-01-2005, 08:46 AM
Wow, what a crazy coincidence! So glad you got to meet her new owner and know that she's going to a wonderful, fabulous new home. I bet that makes you feel ten feet tall!

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-01-2005, 09:36 AM
What a coincidence!! We often say "the world is so sm"ll", and that is amazing!!