PDA

View Full Version : Kurby

K & L
04-30-2005, 07:01 AM
End of the month deadlines at work have kept me quite busy and away from here, but I wanted to share with you what Kurby did this morning. He jumped into bed (which he has done this before but would jump down as soon as anyone would move) and lay there for a long time letting me pet, caress, talk, and he even started purring. He just seems so content here now. I don't think he misses the park life what so ever. He still is skittish and runs with any quick movement, but he's made so much progress.

lady_zana
04-30-2005, 07:27 AM
That's a wonderful story. I remember when Grey Girl finally stopped being so skittish...doesn't it just warm your heart to hear those purrs?

QueenScoopalot
04-30-2005, 08:15 AM
That's wonderful to hear Kurby is happy being inside now, and is purring his thanks. :D Does his leg ever give him any problems? He's so handsome. :)

K & L
04-30-2005, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
That's wonderful to hear Kurby is happy being inside now, and is purring his thanks. :D Does his leg ever give him any problems? He's so handsome. :)

Only when he's lain on it for a long time. He'll limp a bit when he gets up, but then it's like nothing's wrong. He is on gorgeous guy! Thanks

catnapper
04-30-2005, 08:26 AM
What fantastic progress! I am so impressed with how far he's come.

sirrahbed
04-30-2005, 08:47 AM
Oh I am SOOO glad to hear this news about Kurby. I have a soft spot for that guy. Uhm....pictures sure would be nice:p :D

K & L
04-30-2005, 09:53 AM
I will try and gets some pictures of him this weekend and post! Life hasn't settled down much since our return and we've been really lax on taking photos of any of the cats.

jenluckenbach
04-30-2005, 03:03 PM
Good for Kurby! :D

catmandu
04-30-2005, 03:30 PM
And when Kurby,realizes,that he has his Furr Ever Home,and that nooone,there is going,to hurt him,he will,be a Wonderful Cat Companion,and be,one,of the friendliest Cats,ever.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture113.jpg

rg_girlca
04-30-2005, 09:42 PM
Oh Lisa, this is so heartwarming to know that precious Kurby is starting to really settle in. I, as Debbie, have a soft spot for this gorgeous guy and I can't wait to see recent pictures of him.

I promise I won't start whining..........YET!!!!!!:D

kimlovescats
04-30-2005, 09:58 PM
Oh Lisa, that is such wonderful news! Don't you just hold your breath when he gets that close!!! :eek: ;) Before you know it, he'll be snuggling with you and purring his heart out!!!

Yes, pics would be great too!;)

catcrazylady
05-01-2005, 07:21 AM
I am so happy for you Kurby! It is the life isn't it? Lisa I think he has done remarkably well considering the surgery and everything he went through that easily could have made him even more distrusting.
Great news! I have a feeling that it won't be long at all before you have a lap cat. :D