PDA

View Full Version : lonely kitty

ashleycat
04-29-2005, 07:06 PM
ashley 7 yrs keeps runnin around and meowing like crazy. its times like these i wish i had 2 kitties to play with ... help me convice hubby to get another one...

catmandu
04-29-2005, 08:36 PM
no person,or Pet,likes to be,alone,Cats,are meant,to have other Cats as Companions,and you could go,to a shelter,and save a Cats Life.Imagine,how good,that would make you feel,and Your Cat,would have a Pal.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos728.jpg

ashleycat
04-29-2005, 09:12 PM
if he lets me, should i get girl or boy for my girl?

kittycats_delight
04-29-2005, 09:16 PM
it doesn't matter if your new sweetie is a male or female you will know the right kitty for you when you see them. :)

ashleycat
04-29-2005, 09:47 PM
i dont know whats the best pair, if male and female get along better than fem fem? see, when i got my kitty 7 years ago, was a kitten, lived with my grandma and her old kitty female. did fine, when she grew up, and her kitty was gone for a week, my kitty hissed at her. but when i had her all to myself, i got her a rambunctious boy, she hated me, he was always terrorizing her. but she looked for him when he was gone. almost like he was hers. they came from same mom, just 4 years apart. i dunno how she was such an angel compared to him lol. we had to put him in bathroom while we ate lol. and if we didnt give him what he wanted, he would bite our toes lol, was such a cutie. but was ssoooo terrible 2s lol. so i dunno if i should get adult or kitten, m or f. that she would get along with.

kittycats_delight
04-29-2005, 10:09 PM
She will do that to any cat that comes into her territory male or female. It's just the matter of introducing them slowly and she will accept. I have 2 girls that love each other to death I also had a female that didn't like any other cats at all. She had babies herself before I realized the importance of spaying. Her babies all found good home but one lady was moving and could not take the male kitty with her. We took him back and she hated him and never liked him much and we had him for years. She only accepted him being around and she picked on him every chance she got. So I really don't think it matters if you get a male or female kitty.

catnapper
04-30-2005, 08:31 AM
Its more the temperment of the cat than whether its a male or female. My three boys get along with Abby, and Abby gets along with them. Try to find another cat in a simialr age, especially if Ashley is very laid back and quiet. A busy kitten would annoy her to no end. But if she's active and playful herself, a kitten would be fine for her.

furrykidsmother
04-30-2005, 03:00 PM
I have had single cats and now have multiple cats (4). My loners have done very well by themselves, but the 4 we have now are all related so there are times that they fight like any other family, but I do think that they enjoy being with others. I don't think male or female really matters as long as like everyone else has suggested they are similar in personality and age they should do well together. Best of luck choosing and let us know how you make out.

ashleycat
04-30-2005, 05:07 PM
shes been a loner for long time and was fine, i dont really need another one, but would be fun to see them play together

kittycats_delight
04-30-2005, 05:12 PM
There is one difference what you need and what she needs coud be 2 different things. She might need a furry friend to be buddies with when you are away. Maybe she misses you more now as she gets older when you are gone. Kinda hard sometimes to know what they want or need. Let's us know what you decide.