PDA

View Full Version : Buying a house

PJ's Mom
04-29-2005, 05:11 PM
We just closed on the house about an hour ago. We didn't have to pay any closing costs and even got a check for $209.

The whole thing seemed kind of anti-climactic. :rolleyes:

So, we own this big old house now and a mortgage for $200,000.

:eek:

Anyone else bought a house recently?

christa
04-29-2005, 05:15 PM
Not yet . . . but SOON (hopefully).

We have been looking and looking and looking for a house . . . I think we're being too picky though.

But hopefully, the right one will come along eventually.

Congrats! Sounds like a great deal you got, not having to pay for the closing costs! What was the 209 for?

petslover
04-29-2005, 05:39 PM
Wow, that must be one wonderful house for 200,000. Congrats!

Karen
04-29-2005, 06:48 PM
We bought our house a little over 8 years ago, but I remember it well - signing your name so many times you begin to question what it is and how it is spelled ...

Congratulations, a bit of happy news for you!

catnapper
04-29-2005, 06:51 PM
Congrats!!! How exciting! Now the fun of packing, moving, painting and rennovating begins! ;)

If you lived close, I'd offer to come by and help you paint. I LOVE to paint!

As for buying a house recently, I guess TECHNICALLY you could say we bought our house a month ago -- we refinanced ;) Only 19 years, 11 months and its all ours. LOL

jazzcat
04-29-2005, 08:07 PM
Congrats!!!

We bought our house almost 12 years ago and after refinancing once and buying a point down two years we will have it paid off in about 7 more years ... if we don't sell it first.

PJ's Mom
04-29-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
If you lived close, I'd offer to come by and help you paint. I LOVE to paint!

Ooo! You can paint a cat mural on the wall. :p Can you lay tile, too? lol

Thanks everyone. I just thought it would feel differently. Maybe it's because we've lived here for the last two years. ;) I'll try to get pics once (if ever) it's clean. :D

KYS
04-29-2005, 08:57 PM
Congratulations! Can't wait to see the pictures.

BitsyNaceyDog
04-29-2005, 09:13 PM
Congratulations!!!

We bought our first house (this house) 41/2 years ago. We are hoping to move in the next couple years though. Almost daily I look at realtor.com (http://realtor.com/Default.asp?poe=realtor).

jennifert9
04-29-2005, 09:19 PM
Congratulations! You don't sound very excited about it however...? did you like it?
Geez, I would love to own my own home...I've been renting for years and I'm about done with that phase of my life!!
Good luck! Enjoy that "new home" feeling!

gemini9961
04-29-2005, 09:35 PM
We bought a house in August of 2004 and it was exciting, however the work involved is a lot. Even though ours was brand new, we still have a yard to upkeep and just maintenance of the house can be a bit much. Overall in the end it's well worth it.

PJ's Mom
04-30-2005, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by jennifert9
Congratulations! You don't sound very excited about it however...? did you like it?

Thank you, and sure I like it. ;)

We've been living here for almost two years. The landlord decided she wanted to sell so she could buy some property in California. We looked at other houses but decided that this was where we wanted to stay.

I guess I wasn't excited because we left home to go to the title company, then came back home two hours later and everything kind of felt the same. We told the kids we own the house now, and they said ok and went to play basketball.

Just another day. :D

NoahsMommy
04-30-2005, 02:44 AM
That's so exciting!! Congratulations!!! :)

My parent's just bought a home...and yes, they're pretty stressed too!! ha ha...they just came home today to a "FOR SALE" sign in their front yard and my mom was shocked that they're really going through with the new one.

Enjoy!! :)

RobiLee
04-30-2005, 07:03 AM
CONGRATS!!!!

GraciesMommy
04-30-2005, 07:27 AM
Congrats!
We bought our house in 99 when we got married and then just in the past few months started thinking about selling because we wanted a house with a pool so we started looking..Then we decided we have so much equity built up, why not just add a pool here..so that is what we are doing..we love our house...and our neighborhood..so it was the logical thing to do..
So far..the trees have been removed...and the pool/spa is laid out in stakes/orange paint...and they start digging next week..we are really excited..

I am happy for you...hope you post pics when you get moved in!
Oops..didn't read all the way thru to realize you were already living in it...still like to see pics!

Cincy'sMom
04-30-2005, 10:24 AM
Ralph bought this house before we were engaged, in '99. We refinanced a few years ago, so that was my frist experience witht he closing and all that.

Just last night, we started seriously kicking around the idea of moving. Not far, just out of Toledo and to Sylvania (all of about 5 10 miles away). Ralph's sister has decided to move to Arkansas,and has given us first dibs on their house. They would be selling it to house for what they owe (less then it is worth)...bigger yard, more space, and better school system then we have now. And for a short while, it may come with the option of a 19 yr old (who pays rent) and her cat (my neice is staying here to finish school, and we have said whether we buy that house or not, she would be welcome to live with us if she didn't want to get an apartment right away). Lot of options to weigh right now....

Fox-Gal
04-30-2005, 10:44 AM
CONGRATS on the house.

I remember when we bought this house, I was a little like you said, not as excited as I thought I should have been, happy, but not that jumping up and down happy. Maybe it's the stress of just buying a house, house payments, repairs etc etc., that can take a little of the jump out. lol

But wait till the day you pay it off, JUMP JUMP FOR JOY, DAY I remember coming home from the bank with that final payment made, so happy, I couldn't sit still.........It was all mine, not the banks and mine.............BUT MINE! :D

LKPike
04-30-2005, 11:42 AM
W:eek:W!!!!! it must be nice for 200,000$??? CONGRATS!