PDA

View Full Version : Update on my full-time status...

moosmom
04-29-2005, 04:53 PM
As most of you know, I've been working part-time for a funeral home waiting for the position to go full-time, depending on when the renovations to the new office space is completed.

Well, I found out today that I will be hired full-time as of May 20th. :D:D:D

I went to an apartment complex 5 minutes away from where I work in Flat Rock to apply for a one bedroom apartment. The rent is based on your income.

There is a three month waiting period (Hey, I've waited THIS long, I can wait another 3 months!!) My rent will be $410/month which includes water, sewage, trash pick up, dishwasher, garbage disposable and. The gas heat runs about $60/month and also has central air and individual hot water heaters. It also has a washer/dryer hook-up and they rent washers and dryers for $35 extra/month. The GOOD news is I can bring my cats !!!! :D:D:D:D I told them I only have 2. They require a $150/per cat non-refundable deposit and another $15/per cat/per month payment. Works for me!!!

I am so excited because it's nice and quiet and the complex is only 6 years old!! I told my landlord about it and he said he'd give me a glowing recommendation!

I can't wait to move!!

PJ's Mom
04-29-2005, 05:09 PM
How exciting! Good luck and congrats! :)

davidpizzica
04-29-2005, 05:14 PM
Oh, Donna! That's great. I'm really glad you're getting out of your old apartment.I'm also happy for you that your work is going full-time. That will help your finances greatly. Wait until they see your furbabies! BIG {{{{HUGS}}}}

NoahsMommy
04-29-2005, 05:43 PM
Donna,

This good news is a long time coming and I'm so glad its here!! you deserve all this and more. YAY!!! :)

Can't wait to hear all about your new place! That's exciting!!

Hugs,
Kelly :)

Karen
04-29-2005, 05:46 PM
Excellent, congratulations to you AND the kitties!

Oggyflute
04-29-2005, 10:41 PM
Great news Donna, well done mate.:)

carole
04-29-2005, 10:47 PM
Good things come to those who wait, so the saying goes, and to good people too, congrats Donna, your apartment sounds a dream, and the kitties will be welcome, that is so neat, hope you will share pics when you move in.

Couldn't happen to a nicer person IMO, you deserve it.!!!!!!!!!!:)

Cinder & Smoke
04-30-2005, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by moosmom

... The GOOD news is I can bring my cats !!!! :D

I told them I only have 2.

They require a $150/per cat non-refundable deposit
and another $15/per cat/per month payment.

:)
CONGRATZ on the Promotion to FULL Tyme! :D

Now about da KATz ...

Uhhhh ...
What Happens if (or when) they find out ya got a few more than TWO ???

If they don't "find out" during a maintenance visit; a neighbor might
"blow the whistle" because they don't LIKE cats or
because THEY had to pay for "extra" cats.

/s/ Phred

RobiLee
04-30-2005, 06:58 AM
CONGRATS, DONNA!!!

ChrisH
04-30-2005, 08:36 AM
Congratulations, Donna! Hope all goes well with the new apartment too!

moosmom
04-30-2005, 09:25 AM
Phred,

You're absolutely right. *hangs head in shame :rolleyes:* I've been thinking alot about it since I filed the application. I guess my conscience is getting the best of me afterall. I'll own up to it when I get approved. I asked her if there was a limit to the number of pets and she said no, as long as I pay the non-refundable deposit of $150 per pet.

Thanks everyone for all your support! You guys rock!!