PDA

View Full Version : Help me please??? (computer problems)

christa
04-29-2005, 04:12 PM
I hope someone can help me . . .

Whenever hubby & I try to sign into Hotmail, it gives us this . . .

Your Web browser options are currently set to disable cookies. To use .NET Passport, you must enable cookies.

.NET Passport stores cookies (small text files) on your computer that let you sign in to .NET Passport participating sites. For information about how to enable cookies, see the online help for your Web browser.

I can't find where to enable cookies on my browser though! I do what the online help says to do . . . I go to Tools ~ Internet Options ~ Security ~ Custom Level . . . but there's nothing about cookies.

Any ideas?

:confused:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-29-2005, 04:22 PM
Cookies are in the privacy tab, not the security tab. I've got mine set to "medium" and hotmail works fine. Try that.

christa
04-29-2005, 04:23 PM
I've got mine on medium also . . . I even made it say "accept all cookies" and hotmail still won't let me in.

You think it's hotmail and not me?

It's been doing this all day!

Karen
04-29-2005, 04:30 PM
What browser are you using?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-29-2005, 04:41 PM
Have you tried cleaning out all your temporary files and cookies?

In tools, on the General tab, click on clear cookies and clear files, clear your history too, just for good measure. Then restart your computer. If that doesn't work, try a disk clean - Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Disk Cleanup. Make sure all the little boxes have check marks. If you have never done this, it might take awhile. When it's done, reboot and see what happens.

christa
04-29-2005, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Karen
What browser are you using?

Internet Explorer

Guess I'll clean it up a little . . . I usually keep my Temp Internet folder cleaned out . . . I forget to clean out my cookies folder though . . . I'll give it a try.

:)

Vette
04-29-2005, 06:05 PM
Try this website.

http://www.google.com/cookies.html

christa
04-29-2005, 06:12 PM
I did the Disk Cleanup and . . .

IT WORKED!!!

Thanks Tubby & Peanut's Mom!!!

:D

christa
04-29-2005, 11:12 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I spoke too soon . . . it's doing it again!!!

( I HATE HOTMAIL )

Karen
04-29-2005, 11:40 PM
Want a gmail account? I can send you an invitation ....

christa
04-30-2005, 08:04 AM
LOL . . . I know, I should get rid of my email account . . .

The thing is, I have 2 hotmail accounts, one personal & one business (I own a home based business) and I have tons of contacts that I'd have to switch over . . . I really dread having to do that.

If hotmail keeps this up, I may take you up on your offer . . . but for now, I'm gonna try to resolve this problem.

christa
04-30-2005, 08:20 AM
It's working today, which makes me think that it's Hotmail's problem and not mine. :rolleyes: