PDA

View Full Version : BABY raccoons and no pictures! :(

aly
04-29-2005, 12:58 AM
OMG! When I got into work today, we had baby raccoons there for the day!!! I threw down my purse and immediately picked them up and started kissing them. They were about a week old and OH SO PRECIOUS! I was dying for my camera. I started getting so emotional and sentimental because its been 6 months or so since I last took care of bottle babies. I am dying to do it again, but have to wait because of some health issues I'm dealing with. But anyway, they were soooooooo sweet. They nursed on my fingers and made these sweet little raccoon noises. They just melted my heart.

Anyway, I had a long talk with the wildlife rescue lady when she came in. She told me they desperately need more wildlife rehabilitators and they are in the process of organizing a class. She's going to call me when they know when they're holding the class and I'll take the class on squirrels and raccoons to start. I won't be able to really take any in until probably early next year though when I'm in a house. But I am absolutely THRILLED and excited to start helping with wildlife rescue as well! I already talked to her about certification and everything.

Kater
04-29-2005, 01:08 AM
Awwww!!! :D I'm not sure I've ever seen baby raccoons in person, but I bet they are just cuter than cute!

I've never personally done any wildlife rehab, but it is certainly a dream of mine. The director-curator at the sanctuary where I interned is a fabulous rehabber who makes miracles happen all the time. I admire her to no end!!! I have absolutely no doubts that you will be an amazing rehabber too. :)