PDA

View Full Version : I'm such a rule follower :p

Sirrahsim
04-28-2005, 09:38 PM
Ok, tonight is my LAST night of work (yay for babies!!). I've been planning for weeks to show up on my last night in nice blue jeans and a nice t-shirt. I work in a club for officers that can be pretty fancy when there are special events, but on Friday nights the big thing is happy hour in the bar. Normally I work up front in the cage cashing checks, organizing memberships, that sort of thing, but tonight I'm just gonna be sitting at the door to the bar checking ID's.
I know that my immediate supervisor won't care because I've been complaining for a while about cramming my 8.5 month pregnant butt into my last pair of nice maternity pants, but what do ya'll think I should do?
Part of me says "What are they gonna do? Fire me on my last night?" But the other part of me says "What if the manager, who's a cool guy by the way, sees my showing up out of dresscode as disrespectful rather than fun and silly?"

I'm such a goody-goody:rolleyes:
What do you guys think I should do? Have fun and go out with a bang? Or cram my butt into my too tight maternity pants one last time to keep everyone happy?

Suki Wingy
04-28-2005, 09:40 PM
I don't know, but what will they think when you go back to work?

Sirrahsim
04-28-2005, 09:41 PM
I'm not going back to work. I'm gonna be a stay at home Mommy:)

mina'smomma
04-28-2005, 09:41 PM
I think you should maybe call your supervisor and just check to make sure. Let him know that your maternity pants are too small and that you would like to wear your nice dress jeans to work. If you explain it like that maybe he will make the exception for you.

Jods
04-29-2005, 07:36 AM
call and ask... So what did you decide to do??

catnapper
04-29-2005, 07:49 AM
I like the call and ask idea. I'm too much of a rule follower myself. I might dream of showing up in jeans, then cram myself into the uncomfy too tight pants just because thats whats expected of me :o If you call, then you might be able to have a blast your last night dressed comfortably!

Sirrahsim
04-29-2005, 09:22 AM
I compromised and wore a slightly out of dress code skirt and a pair of very out of dresscode sandles. Nobody cared, they just commented about my pretty toes :)