PDA

View Full Version : So excited!!!

luckies4me
04-28-2005, 07:12 PM
I got a job at Banfield Animal Hospital doing vet tech/receptionist work. I'll be crosstrained and start out at 12 dollars an hour. This is definitely what I need at this time in my life. Now I can go back to spoiling my pets the way they NEED to be spoiled. :D

I've been looking for a job for the past few months with no luck and was really getting frustrated to the point where I already purchased plane tickets to move back with my parents in NM. Now, I am staying here and I imagine I will have a very grumpy mother on my hands. :o Hey, at least I can pay her back. :p

I start next Tuesday and work Tuesdays and thursdays from 2 pm to 8pm, and all day Saturday from 9am to 9pm. Once I am trained my hours and pay will go up. :D

Ginger's Mom
04-28-2005, 07:15 PM
Yay!! Congratulations, I am sure you will find it very fun and rewarding work.

luckies4me
04-28-2005, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Ginger's Mom
Yay!! Congratulations, I am sure you will find it very fun and rewarding work.

I love being a tech. I've been doing it off and on now since I was 18 and can't really imagine doing anything else. :p It's just VERY VERY hard to get a veterinary job here in Eugene. Usually my resumes are late. :o It also seems that people here stay at their jobs a lot longer than people in California do. It's rare to see a listing in the paper for a job at a vet clinic. I'm just glad I'm back to doing what I love best. :D

Jadapit
04-28-2005, 07:39 PM
CONGRATS on getting the job!!:D I bet that is such an awesome job to have. Did you have to go to school a long time for it? I envy you I think that work would be so rewarding. I bet you are really good at it.:)

petslover
04-28-2005, 08:51 PM
Congrats on your new job! That is a great pay to start off with.

jenfer
04-29-2005, 12:36 AM
Congrats. :) Gigi goes to Banfield here in Seattle too. :D

bckrazy
04-29-2005, 12:47 AM
thats awesome, Cass! :) working in a vets office must be SO fun. . Im jealous :p

Oggyflute
04-29-2005, 12:50 AM
Congratulations mate, the job sounds great.:)

Kater
04-29-2005, 02:02 AM
Congrats, Cass! :D

I'm currently looking for a vet tech job as well. At one place they quoted $9/hour for starting pay so $12/hour is not bad! Hey, what's going on here -Hawaii has a higher cost of living than Oregon! ;) heehee.

Best of luck on Tuesday! :)

Buddy Blaze Lover
04-29-2005, 08:58 AM
Congrats!! That sounds like an awesome job!!:)

caseysmom
04-29-2005, 09:37 AM
Congratulations! I take my fur kids to banfield and I love them! They are very in to preventive care and they are very caring I love all the techs in the office I go to also.