PDA

View Full Version : BEAUTIFUL Sami!

athosjoe
04-28-2005, 03:25 PM
I love your cat from a distance. I have a Himalayan cat named Angel that is beautiful in her own rite, with blue eyes too. Just wondering about your supervised visits out doors. My cat is an indoor cat but has recently shown an interest in going out doors. I have a vest for her that she hates to wear. Just curious how you supervise Sami when you are out doors.

TopCat3
04-28-2005, 11:00 PM
Hello Athosjoe welcome, I'm still quite new here too. May I suggest something? I have had Siamese for some years. Indoor cats of this oriental type can adapt quite well to a harness and lead. Start off with short sessions indoors. They can be nervy out of doors, never felt grass or concrete underpaw before etc. It's amusing to watch their first experience of grass!But once adapted, they enjoy the variety of new sounds/sights. If you're gardening or reading and don't want to be holding the lead, try looping it onto a running lead beween two posts so they can wander up & down (but not away!) Keep a watchful eye though so no tangling, and stay close so both of you feel safe about it, and don't leave alone at any time, and it should be a relaxing fun experience for both of you. My cat has been to the beach on a lead, to a park beside a river to sit with me under a tree with a book after a short car-drive in her carry-box, it can be very enriching for them to have these experiences. Enjoy!:)