PDA

View Full Version : Psychology, water and Ghosts in the Machine.

RICHARD
04-28-2005, 03:12 PM
Sleep is a valuable commodity to all of us.
Some of us need less, some of us need more.

It depends, in my case.

I have been on a dreaming jag lately....no terrible dreams usually..

Until a few nights ago...

The Edster got his bath two weeks ago, I kept my skin intact and my blood where it's supposed to flow......

I did notice that upon the application of the soapy mixture to the cat in question that there was a small amount of dirt , I want to say MUD but that would be overstating and make me look like an unfit father....

Aww what the hell....it was MUD....Just don't tell the Edster that..

SIDENOTE.

I took him to be groomed twice...The first time the kid that did the grooming could not finish his legs....he looked like a cross between a Q-tip and a cotton ball.. THE Edster aslo didn't appreciate having his claws trimmed, The Kid was gracious enough to ask me to bring him back, for free so he could finish......Me, being the proud parent, summoned to the principal's office for a less than stellar report on my "kid" gave the groomer a 5 dollar tip.

The next time I brought TROUBLE...ah, I mean Eddie to the pet store, I was greeted by the same kid......When he asked me what i wanted I told him I wanted the works.....wash, cut......you know....
When I placed the cage on the counter, he peered inside and said....

"HEY I REMEMBER THIS CAT!!!!! HE WENT PSYCHO ON ME THE LAST TIME HE WAS HERE!!!"

Ahem.....Can you just give him a wash then.....

I went to pick him up later and with another 5 dollar tip was able to spring my kitty from the store for the long ride home.

I paid for one partial trim, two baths and half of a nail clip....

Oh and ten dollars for an psychological profile of MY CAT!

--------------------

When I finished with Ed's at-home-bath I noticed the dirty looks and the Hokey Pokey dance moves done for my pleasure...

"you take your right foot out and you shake it all about......Friggin' bathwater...."

Revenge is just around the corner.....:rolleyes:

-----------------------

A few nights later I was having my usual "damn, I'm being chased by robots" dream when I awoke and say this glowing white blob that had my feet pinned down and kept me from running away....

When I jerked my feet to get away from my assailants. That pristine shape that held me in place stood up and said....

DAD WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING??

The Edmeister don't curse, I just throw in the cuss words to make him sound worldly....:rolleyes:

I think he planned it all out from the start......

I'll wait until he falls asleep, pin his legs down and scare the crap outta him when he thinks I am a ghost....

The moral of the story?

Cats really don't like water.

Send the cat to the groomer and pay the extra 5 dollars for an expert psychological opinion.......

And don't try this stunt at home.....Leave it to the professional.

DO NOT SAY, OUT LOUD, THAT THERE IS MUD IN THE TUB!

you wont have any robot dreams...I guarantee it!!!!:rolleyes:

slick
04-28-2005, 03:29 PM
They should have given him a "buzz" cut....:D ;)

RICHARD
04-28-2005, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by slick
They should have given him a "buzz" cut....:D ;)

Dream on, sister.

momoffuzzyfaces
04-28-2005, 03:51 PM
Poor Edster!
I'm sure YOU were a perfect angel!
Maybe your pawpaw just imagined (or dreamed) the entire incident?
All the stress from the move at work may make him imagine things, you know?;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-28-2005, 03:57 PM
I agree with MOFF. I think it was the duck. Disguised as Eddie of course, but the duck did it. That's my story....errr...Eddie's story and he's sticking to it. ;) :D

catmandu
04-28-2005, 04:21 PM
THE SHAME,IS THAT THIS GROOMING PLACE,HIRED A KID,THAT WAS NOT A PROFESSIONAL GROOMER,LIKE JEN LUCKENBACH,WHO WOULD HAVE HAD THE EDSTER,SHINING,LIKE THE FIRST SNOWFALL,OF THE NEW YEAR,AND I WOULD NOT ONLY NOT TIPPED,BUT DEMANDED,THAT THE JOB,BE DONE RIGHT.POOR EDSTER,WASHED BU AN AMATEUR!

RICHARD
04-28-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by catmandu
I WOULD NOT ONLY NOT TIPPED,BUT DEMANDED,THAT THE JOB,BE DONE RIGHT.POOR EDSTER,WASHED BU AN AMATEUR!

I had to tip this poor kid.....

I tried to bathe him before that.....I knew his pain and didn't want this kid to be a 'victim' like me!!

T&P and MOFF

I suspect that it was a dream, but where did those five dollar bills go???:confused: