PDA

View Full Version : Trash Compactor

raian
01-21-2002, 07:07 PM
Have you taught your dog a trick that is actually useful? Post it here.

I've taught Magnum to shread up cardboard tubes, from paper towel rolls, gift wrapping rolls, etc. You know how hard it is to have to bend them all up to fit them in the trash... well Magnum eagerly takes them for me and shreds them to bits so I can dispose of it easily. She naturally loves to rip things up, so this is a real treat for her :)

C.C.'s Mom
01-22-2002, 04:55 AM
Cookie taught herself a trick that she found very helpful: emptying the cat food bowls in no time! We're still working on that because we (the cats and me) aren't very happy about it.

Other than that? As long as it's about food, than Cookie likes to help emptying/eating it.

There's one trick that she taught herself which is quite practical: she goes into the lake and removes all cans by bringing them to me. I never told her to do it, but she's simply a Retriever and thinks it's great fun. I'm always a bit afraid that she might hurt herself. I put the cans in a garbagebag when she brings them and than we bring them to the recycling area. Cookie is usually very proud and waggles with her tail as if to say: I did it, I did it!