PDA

View Full Version : Stairball

Divacat's mom
04-28-2005, 11:50 AM
My cat has a favorite game I have dubbed stairball. Usually I use a ping-pong ball,but any small ball with good bounce will work. The ones with the bells are good too. The way it works is, I toss the ball up the stairs, she'll chase up after it and hit it back down to me, over and over.
It's lots of fun and great exercise to keep kitty in shape. I know when she wants to play because she'll stand at the bottom of the stairs waiting. The very mention of the word ball gets her excited-it's hilarious!

smokey the elder
04-28-2005, 01:49 PM
My foster Marnie likes the glitter balls. She has denuded two of them but doesn't eat the threads. There are two nekkid glitter balls that she loves carrying around, then batting them like soccer balls. She and Bubba sometimes play kitty soccer.

kaoK'okung
04-29-2005, 10:40 PM
i wish i had some stairs, Zip would be very good at stairball!!!!....pics of your cat and name????....welcome to PT!!!!....:D :D

Divacat's mom
04-30-2005, 02:08 PM
Hi!
Thanks for the welcome. Everyone on the forum has been super nice. It's great to know I'm not the only one who is crazy about owning a pet! I think everyone ought to do it if they can reasonably take on the responsibility.
Regarding stairball, I don't know sometimes which one of us has more fun-me, or the cat. Her name is Arwen, by the way. She is a three-year -old Bombay, and is gorgeous! Only problem is, it's so hard to get good pictures of her since she is all black, but I'll try to get one of her on here.

Thanks!
P.S. Arwen knows she is beautiful, which is why I call her a diva, and is not in the LEAST bit spoiled. LOL
P.S.S. Your girls are lovely!!!!

BoodleLuvr
05-05-2005, 08:48 PM
l

sandragonfly
05-16-2005, 04:39 PM
I do the same!! but I used a plastic baseball with zillion holes in... til I moved into stairless home! (waa waa) that plastic ball, it could roll forever.. :)

but now..have been using the bathtub and you'll have flicke it to get it move...then zillion cats jumping in! :eek: :eek: :)

welcome to pet talk too! are you still out there...? :)

Divacat's mom
05-17-2005, 09:44 AM
Hello!
Yes, I'm still out here and busy, busy , busy ;) I love the cat paws on your message. (My girl bites me when I mess with her delicate little peds)
Anyway, stairball is funny, isn't it? I'd try the bathtub game if I thought kitty would actually get in the tub. That sounds like it's really hilarious. Ar thinks she's big and ferocious, but she's really a wimp, so I'm not sure that would work in this house.
Thanks for the reply. Have a great day!

Barbara
05-17-2005, 10:29 AM
Playing ball on stairs is a favorite here too. Actually if we want the gets to get down to the lower floor we don't throw a ball but their favorite treats:D This also sends them diving down the stairs:D