PDA

View Full Version : could save your dogs life!!

LorraineO
04-27-2005, 05:09 PM
http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=125728&n=109636&p=33475

anyone who lets thier doggies play with rope toys,, PLEASE read this dogs story,,, it could save yours or a friends dog in the future!!!

MsMini
04-27-2005, 06:48 PM
That is a sad story Lorraine.... :( Mine have had rope toys before. I don't think I will be anymore.

Kfamr
04-27-2005, 06:53 PM
This is why I don't leave my dogs unattended with their toys.

CagneyDog
04-27-2005, 06:58 PM
What a tragic story :( Those poor owners, they must be so upset.

I also moniter Cagney with his toys but accidents like this happen and its so horrible (

Jadapit
04-27-2005, 07:01 PM
Thats so very sad.:( She was a beautiful girl. I feel for her owners.
Jada has a rope toy she will not play with it unless I watch her now. Thanks so much for posting this Lorraine.

lizbud
04-27-2005, 07:16 PM
So sad for the pup.:( After reading this I decided to put away
the old rope toy that was laying in the bedroom. Maggie is the
only one who plays with it & she has plenty of others that are
much safer. Thanks for the reminder.

K9soul
04-27-2005, 07:25 PM
It is always good to keep in mind that there are dangers lurking where we might not expect to look, but I also believe that there can be potential danger in many toys if they are torn/chewed/swallowed too vigorously. You might think even something as simple as a tennis ball would be safe, but I remember when Tommy was younger and completely mutilated one until it was a flappy rubber shell, which of course could have been very dangerous had he swallowed it. I don't think this necessarily should send the message to never buy/use rope toys, but more to keep in mind that as mentioned, a dog should always be supervised when chewing/playing with toys, especially if they are an avid chewer.

It is very sad. Thanks for the heads up Lorraine.

shutterbug0303
04-27-2005, 07:42 PM
Thanks for sharing Lorraine!!! We all need to remember that there are dangerous toys and to monitor our babies during playtime. That poor baby!!!

senorita02
04-28-2005, 09:39 AM
Thanks for sharing Lorraine, i am always so nervous to give the dogs those rope toys, they chew them and chew them fast!
In the past i have found rope in Faces poops, i dont think i will use the rope toy anymore im gonna stick with the nyla bone that thing has lasted almost 2 years now! And they go to town on it too!

Poor Pittie, and his poor owners :(

IRescue452
04-28-2005, 12:03 PM
Thats so sad. We always watch ours with their toys. Autumn is a chewer not a eater of toys but I still watch her like a hawk when she is playing with anything.

GraciesMommy
04-28-2005, 12:46 PM
What a tragic story...

cali
04-28-2005, 01:04 PM
any toy can be dangerous, actually pretty much everything is potentially dangerous, I am not going to work myself into paranoia because of a few isolated insodents because accedents happen.

LorraineO
04-28-2005, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by cali
any toy can be dangerous, actually pretty much everything is potentially dangerous, I am not going to work myself into paranoia because of a few isolated insodents because accedents happen.

The idea of this thead wasnt to throw anyone into a panic attack cali,, it was a friendly reminder to keep an eye out.

cali
04-28-2005, 01:19 PM
I know lol it just seems like a lot of people are all of a sudden saying no rope toysbecause of a few 1 isolated insodent.

wolfsoul
04-28-2005, 01:28 PM
I believe the dogs should always be supervised with toys, unless it is something that the owner knows the dog won't eat (Some dogs need toys to keep them busy while the owner is gone). My neighbor's dog constantly ate the frayed rope at the ends of his rope toy. It always worried me because I knew it could get stuck in his intestines and kill him...I guess that was only one thing to worry about with him..the constant mites, ear infections, roaming, and neck troubles due to tugging on his tie-out were just a few of the other things...

bckrazy
04-28-2005, 01:41 PM
OMG. that is so sad. . I cant even imagine how horrible that would be! :(

I don't think this is an "isolated" incident at all. Dogs constantly swallow chunks of toys, everywhere. Benny swallowed a Nylabone (he somehow got it off the counter :eek: ) and my brother-in-law and sister spent $600 getting him better. Ben is always looking for something to rip up and eat, and he's only allowed with a black king kong and some other very hard rubber toys to chew on. Gonzo has swallowed stuffed animal fluff, and would've probably eaten all of it if my sister hadn't stopped him! BC's typically aren't dogs that eat toys, but especially large dogs and Bully breeds love to eat foreign objects :p. . I think people should definitely be aware of that!