PDA

View Full Version : Horrid conditions at the SPCA part 1

Denyce
04-27-2005, 03:12 PM
A few days ago I started a thread about how frustrated I am with our SPCA and what we are trying to do to make changes. Several people asked how they could help. I have spoken with the other people that I am working with and we have agreed that after May 2nd which is the deadline we gave the Board of Directors to respond, if their response is not satisfactory we would take further steps in going public with this issue. I wanted to post on here in the meantime some of the communication between a Board member and Carol Nevins the author of our online petition. I will also post again the petition website. Here is the first letter from one Board member after they had received notice of the petition which at that time was over 340 signitures.

4/19/05 REC'D LETTER FROM PSPCA BOARD MEMBER M.ARCIA YOSELSON:

Ms. Nevins - I received and copied some information which was forwarded to me by our board president, Mary Aull, and by Erik Hendricks, PSPCA executive director. It was all dated 04/05 so I don't know whether it is everything. I also got your sampling of petitioners/comments (last 25 at the time?). If there's anything else, please forward to me.

I visited the shelter at Centre Hall on the 15th, at Mary A's request. It was the first time I could get there, and since I work, I could only make it on a Saturday that week. Looked around and listened before introducing myself, and left with a generally positive impression. I did NOT meet with John Matrisciano, but spoke with him later.

Needless to say, we take all of this very seriously, and this is why I visited. As a 25-year-plus board member and past president of the Susquehanna County SPCA (before it was taken over by the PSPCA, for which I am eternally grateful), and as a board member of the PSPCA since that time, I believe I understand the workings of shelters, as well as their inherent problems and failings. Any further information about the shelter there would be greatly appreciated so that I can get the complete picture of the situation.

Sincerely, Marcia Yoselson, member, PSPCA Board of Directors

I will start a second thread with Carol's response. I hope everyone will read this as we really need all the help we can get.

Thank you all

Denyce