PDA

View Full Version : a cute lil furry friend pays a visit.....

carole
04-27-2005, 02:51 PM
I swear folks I have a magnet here that draws all kitties to shelter or an invisible sign that says CAT DROP IN CENTRE, a gorgeous lil male fixed tabby kitten popped in yesterday and would not leave, I am not sure if he is lost or just wandered, but I had hoped he would go back home, but no he did not.

He spent the night in my daughters room, he used his dirt box, and he is simply a complete lovebug, he pushes into you all the time, and snuggles up close, a real lap kitten, he is in very good condition ,although he may have a slight cold, not sure, but he seems very happy and content and healthy, he is obviously someone's pet.

I have placed and advert in the local paper and also left a message at the SPCA, should someone be trying to find him, we have temporarily named him Whiskey(no idea why,no drinkers in my house lol).

I will be keeping him until sunday afternoon, if no-one claims him , the shelter my daughter volunteers for will take him, we have an AGM meeting that day,so I can bring him out then.

I am heartbroken at the thought of parting with him, other than to his owners, but I just have to do so, I simply cannot afford another kitty, it is a shame, because he would be a great pet.

Lexie has her nose out of joint, she has been spitting and hissing at him outside, but just sniffing around the door, for some reason Ash is not bothered, he just walked slowly past him on the verandah, while the young one was howling and hissing at him, he is always this way around kittens, I think it is because he does not feel threatened by them.

Now a question, I don't know too much about kittens, so donot want to overfeed him, I luckily have whiskas kitten food here, which Ash was having as he was off his other food, and have been giving him a dessertspoonful, then another in a couple of hours, he appears pretty hungry, but he is well covered, not thin by any means, how often should I give him this? thanks for your help.

I know you want pics, I will try and borrow my Dad's camera and get some before he leaves, as I want pics of him too, the good thing is Melissa will be-able to find out if he is re-homed, still let us hope his real owners turn up., fingers and paws crossed and some positive vibes from you all , would be great, cheers.:)

Randi
04-27-2005, 03:17 PM
He sounds like a cute little one, and also as if he belongs to somebody. If so, I do hope the owners will see your advert, or ask at the shelter. What a lucky boy he was to find you. :) I bet it will hard parting with him. :(

I think feeding him a little bit at a time is the right thing to do, or he may just gobble it all up and throw up after.

Good luck finding his owners or a loving home.

carole
04-28-2005, 03:25 PM
Randi thank you for your interest, I rang the vet nurse to ask how much to give him, she said two sachets a day, but he seems to woof that down in such a hurry, he is probably older than I first thought , maybe 3 to 4 mths old and requires a bit more, I feed him about six times a day.

We changed his temp name to Jasper, just liked it better, he is such a super wee kitten, parting with him is going to break my heart, I bawled myself to sleep last night just thinking about giving him up, but I know I have to.

He just loves to snuggle you all day, he hates being held, and will do anything to get out of your hands, but he loves being near you, just sleeps close to my daughter all night, he is not that playful for a kitten, which concerned me a little, but he seems bright and cheery, although he does have a wee raspy purr, bit like my own cats, so I am keeping an eye on that, he is such a laid back wee fellow, a real delight to have, no trouble at all., he does little kneeds in the air, which is so cute, and loves to push into you.

I was fuming with the paper , they did not put my advert in, of course they were apologetic, but that really does not help my situation to find his original owners, I still think someone out there is missing him, he is too cute and loveable to have been dumped and too healthy, but of course it does happen.

Jasper may have a home and not need to go to the shelter, a friend of my daughters, friend is coming today to check him out, they have no other cats, a mother home all day,(which is a must in his case) maybe why he initially strayed, owners away all day, he loves company, as do most kittens, but especially Jasper, living in a quite area, so I am hopeful, however I am just not prepared to give him up to anyone, I am very protective over this little guy because he is so SPECIAL,other than that he can go to the shelter on Sunday, but a home would be better for him, he seems to adapt to anyone, and loves everyone.

Pics hopefully coming tomorrow.

I am dreading parting with him, and will need all my friends here to help me through it, as it is going to be unbearable.

Jods
04-29-2005, 07:33 AM
aww... no pics yet??? ;) :D

NoahsMommy
04-29-2005, 03:35 PM
Awww, Carole, he sounds like a little sweetie. :)

Sounds like he's safe with you, until a new place is found. Thanks for helping him out.

carole
04-29-2005, 07:43 PM
pics are coming soon folks, if you go to my other thread, we may have found his owners. YAHOO.!!!!!!!

:)