PDA

View Full Version : Online Dog Photo Contest

bestinshow
04-27-2005, 10:28 AM
Hi everyone;

I would like to let everyone know about our dog photo contest. It's like no other contest out there. all dogs first compete for Best In Breed, and then Best In Group (the winner gets a certificate). All the Best In Group winners then compete for Best In Show. The Best In Show winner gets a certificate. the contest is FREE to join and even mixed breeds are welcome. Come check us out, you'll love it.
Best In Show (http://www.astralenterprise.com/bestinshow.htm) :D

luvofallhorses
04-27-2005, 11:00 AM
Do you have to show dogs to enter?

finn's mom
04-27-2005, 11:11 AM
I entered Finn when they first said something about the contest. You don't actually have to show dogs, or even have a purebred dog, it's just the way they've set the contest up. :) Finn is under sporting group, he's one of two labrador retrievers. :)

bestinshow
04-27-2005, 11:24 AM
you don't have to show dogs. All dogs are welcome, in any picture. The only thing we ask is that, the dog you enter is the only animal in the picture and also no people. I hope to see you in the contest soon.

Thanks
:D

2crazypuppies4me
04-28-2005, 09:44 AM
HELP :eek: :confused: I registered Lilly and Maggie and now I can't find them :confused: (There pics that is.)

bestinshow
04-28-2005, 09:50 AM
Hi

The entries are not automatic. We manually make the banners and set everything up, so it takes us a little while. Usually they are in within the hour. Try back and you'll find them. Thank you for joining us and we hope you have a good time
:)

2crazypuppies4me
04-28-2005, 09:56 AM
Oh thank you for being so quick! Thank you :cool:

bestinshow
04-28-2005, 10:07 AM
You are very welcome. You have beautiful dogs and we are very glad to have them in our contest.

luvofallhorses
04-28-2005, 10:32 AM
I am going to enter mine in the contest :D

bestinshow
04-28-2005, 10:39 AM
Great!!! We can't wait to see your dogs.:D

luvofallhorses
04-28-2005, 10:44 AM
I just have to wait for my account to activate:D

bestinshow
04-28-2005, 10:52 AM
I just checked and it's activated. So, you're all set to go.

Thanks,:)

luvofallhorses
04-28-2005, 10:54 AM
Well I have to go to school right now, but when I get back...I will enter:D

jennifert9
04-28-2005, 11:00 AM
I just joined too...I dont' understand the rules though...You said mixed breeds can enter? Is there a mixed breed category?

finn's mom
04-28-2005, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by jennifert9
I just joined too...I dont' understand the rules though...You said mixed breeds can enter? Is there a mixed breed category?

Yeah, I think it's just called "mixed group." It's in there with "herding group", "sporting group" (that's where Finn's at!), etc. :)

finn's mom
04-28-2005, 11:22 AM
When I look at the voting results, there are no names in the "sporting group" section, but, there are multiple dogs in that group! Bestinshow, do you know what the delay is?

bestinshow
04-28-2005, 11:23 AM
Hi jennifert9

once you have entered the Best In Show page, Scroll down and you will see a table that lists all the groups. There you will see the Mixed Group. After you've entered the Mixed Group page, scroll down adn you will see another table with a few mixed dogs. That will take you to the mixed breeds page.

it may sound a little confusing a first but once you get to know the site you'll find it easy.

If you need any help let us know.

bestinshow
04-28-2005, 11:26 AM
hi finn's mom;

Voting will begin on may 12th. So, the page is not finished yet. We apologize for the inconvenience and confussion.
:)

2crazypuppies4me
04-28-2005, 11:58 AM
My pics are still not there :( I'll check back after lunch.

bestinshow
04-28-2005, 12:05 PM
Hi

I just checked, and your dogs are in. If you need help finding them let me know. Good Luck in the contest :)

bestinshow
04-28-2005, 12:08 PM
Hi finn's mom;

We've noticed that you've answered a couple of the post for us. We just wanted to say Thank you for your help. We hope you enjoy the site and the contest.

Best In Show:D

bckrazy
04-28-2005, 12:29 PM
OMGz, thats awesome!! I dunno about Gonzo. . he's cute. . but he isnt exactly a model Border Collie, especially with his haircut :p

I TOTALLY want to enter our Bulldog though, he's freakin gorgeous!

bestinshow
04-28-2005, 12:37 PM
We can't wait to see your bulldog. We really hope you enter Gonzo. It's free so why not enter him. We love border collies no matter what they look like. besides, we don't vote, our members and visitors vote, you can always get your friends and family to vote. SO ENTER HIM. :D

2crazypuppies4me
04-28-2005, 01:32 PM
YUP, I need help <big L on forhead>

bestinshow
04-28-2005, 02:24 PM
LOL. No problem

Lilly is under Hound Group. So first you go to the hound group then you scroll down and look for the beagle. Click on the Beagle and that will take you to the beagle page. That's where you will see Lilly.

Maggie is under Mixed Group. First go to the Mixed group, then scroll down and look for the picture that has a few mixed dogs. Click on that picture and that will take you to the mixed breeds page. That's where you will see Maggie.

Good Luck and if you need any more help let me know.

finn's mom
04-28-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by bestinshow
Hi finn's mom;

We've noticed that you've answered a couple of the post for us. We just wanted to say Thank you for your help. We hope you enjoy the site and the contest.

Best In Show:D

I just happened to see the questions first. ;) Seriously, though, if you'd rather I not step in, pm me and let me know. I think the contest is a fun idea, and, I am excited to see all the photos that get entered. :) I realized after I posted my question about not seeing the photos from the sporting group, that the voting hadn't even started, and, I figured out what was up. No big deal at all! Sorry I jumped the gun!

2crazypuppies4me
04-28-2005, 03:08 PM
Ok I see Lilly, now I cant get to Maggie :(
I got it I got it!!! woohoo. Now I have another question. Can you change one of the pics? I actidently picked the wrong pic of her sleeping. :rolleyes:

bestinshow
04-28-2005, 04:36 PM
Sure we can, just email the picture that you want and let me know which picture you want to take out. you can email it to; [email protected]

bestinshow
04-28-2005, 04:38 PM
We did not intend to say that we didn't want you to step in. We love it when our members get involved. Please, do so if you like. We are very glad you are enjoying the site and hope that you will stay with us for a long time

Fox-Gal
04-29-2005, 12:28 AM
I just entered my Tuffy and Brandy, but when I tried to do 3 pictures, I got the page can not be displayed, so I could only do two. :( With 2 it went through fine, can you add another picture later or am I stuck with 2 for each.

BTW: Is asking you questions here a bother for you or should we ask at the site?

bestinshow
04-29-2005, 05:52 AM
we are sorry you had a problem uploading the pictures. You can email the third picture to bestinshow@astralenterprise . Please make sure to include your username and the name of the dog so we attach it to the correct entry.

If you need any help let me know.

bestinshow
04-29-2005, 02:42 PM
We just wanted to thank everyone that joined our site and the Best In Show contest. We think you will all have a great time. We would like to wish everyone luck in the contest.

If anyone has any questions just let us know. We are always here to help.

:D :D :D

bestinshow
12-17-2005, 04:15 PM
Hi everyone!!! the new contest has started and we are accepting entries! good Luck