PDA

View Full Version : Happy 104th Thursday

RICHARD
04-27-2005, 10:12 AM
Whodathunk??

Happy anniversary - two years of fun, frantic and punny Thursdays.

You all rock.

Even tho my bartending service have been cut back drastically by one of the dumbest bosses I hav ever had...I want to know that I am here, in spirit, if nothing less....

I'll be peeking on every so often this week...

Mario?

Can you make everyone a party hat?

lbaker
04-27-2005, 11:03 AM
Can my hat have one of those twirly propellers on it? Thanks Mario, what a guy :) In honor of Gini (who is probably just getting started on her flight to Ireland) lets have Irish Coffee's or maybe later on some [Irish]Whiskey Sours. Boy, I haven't had a Whiskey Sour in ages. If I remember correctly I like them, even though I usually can't abide dark whiskey. Here's to two years of Thursday's, and more years of friendship. And here's a rude hand signal to Richards poopy old boss :p

slick
04-27-2005, 12:05 PM
Hi everyone. Thanks for opening up the bar Richard. You are missed! :(

Not in a parteeing mood today so I'm just going to sit in the back and watch.

Laurie, Gini's got about another 3 hours before she leaves...let's hope she posts a little good-bye before she flies into the wild blue yonder....or is that green yonder...;)

momoffuzzyfaces
04-27-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

Mario?

Can you make everyone a party hat? Do ducks waddle in the woods?????

He loves that sort of thing!!!!

Mario, I don't want cherries glued on my hat this time though, ok?

Come on Mario, let's blow slick some kissies so she will feel better! Pucker up:

SMOOCHIE!!!!!!!!!
:D

lbaker
04-27-2005, 02:17 PM
It was so quiet in here earlier I had time to futz about in the kitchen and start some Irish Stew with dumplings and IRISH SODA BREAD! Boy I love that bread with a good stew. What can I get you MOFF? Stew's a simmerin' and have time for a drinky-poo if you would care to join me ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
04-27-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
It was so quiet in here earlier I had time to futz about in the kitchen and start some Irish Stew with dumplings and IRISH SODA BREAD! Boy I love that bread with a good stew. What can I get you MOFF? Stew's a simmerin' and have time for a drinky-poo if you would care to join me ;) I'd love a red slushie. I think there's a pitcher of them in the fridge. The stew sounds good too!

Yes, Mario, you can sit by me if you keep your spoon in your own bowl this time!:D
Reminds me of when we used to have big Thanksgiving dinners. I always had to sit at the kid's table, even if I was a grown up! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-27-2005, 02:40 PM
Mmmm.....Irish stew with dumplings and soda bread....Mmmmmmm.....:D

I'm with Slick, not really into partying today, so I'll just go join her on the couch by the fire. It's just so durn cold around here lately, isn't it ever going to warm up?

I realized about 10 minutes ago that you give me a topic today, and I will complain about it. I don't care what the topic, I can find something wrong with it or some part of it that irritates me today. Thankfully the phone is pretty quiet or I'd have to tell a few customers exactly what I thought of their need for a new outlet. :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes:

I'm hoping some of this stew, soda bread and about 3 - 4 pitchers of slushies will improve my mood......

momoffuzzyfaces
04-27-2005, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

I'm hoping some of this stew, soda bread and about 3 - 4 pitchers of slushies will improve my mood...... Mario toddles over to Debbie and slick carrying a big pitcher of slushies, his diaper sagging sadly in the back. SUDDENLY he PUCKERS UP!
SMOOCHIE!!!!!!:eek: :D

lbaker
04-27-2005, 02:50 PM
We missed it by exactly two weeks but let's celebrate anyway... April 13 was "Blame Somebody Else Day". So it's not our fault.. it's everybody else's. You can sit with Slick, Debbie, but would you like me to pull up a little tots play table and chairs? :p You can drink your slushies through a "funny straw" too!

slick
04-27-2005, 03:10 PM
Awwww Mario, thanks for the smooch. Any chance you are handing out hugs too???

Connie, I think that hat is way too big for you....it's hanging down over your eyes. :D Here let me tuck it in with a little tape. That's better. **gives Connie a hug** That's just for being you. :)

Debbie, sorry your day is a crappy one. Here, let me refill your slushy mug. It may not improve the day but it will certainly make YOU feel better. {{{hugs}}}

Laurie, big {{{hugs}}} to you too. Thanks for looking after the bar.

Wow, just look at all that food. It's lunchtime here so I'll grab a big bowl of that Irish stew and a thick piece of that soda bread. Gosh, it sure smells good.

Did I mention that I SO HARDLY WAIT FOR JULY!!!:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-27-2005, 03:10 PM
You can drink your slushies through a "funny straw" too!

Oh goodie, a funny straw! Can I, can I, please....

Look Slick, drinking a red slushie through a blue straw makes it look purple - cool - wanna try? :cool: Here, you try the red slushie through the yellow straw and see what color you get.

Oh drat, I missed my mouth and now I have red slushie all over my white blouse. Sheesh, can't do anything right today. :rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
04-27-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by slick
Awwww Mario, thanks for the smooch. Any chance you are handing out hugs too???

Connie, I think that hat is way too big for you....it's hanging down over your eyes. :D Here let me tuck it in with a little tape. That's better. **gives Connie a hug** That's just for being you. :)
:) Thanks Slick! I was waking into walls there! Thanks for the hug too!

Ok, Mario, line up. I get to give Slick a hug first then you can. Wash your sticky little hands first. Don't want you stickying Slick up!

(((hugs))):D

slick
04-27-2005, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the hugs guys....and Mario I don't mind sticky hugs. :)

Look Debbie, I've got one of those bendy yellow straws and it looks like I'm drinking an orange slushy.....:D :D

Hee Hee......you dribbled.....look Mario....Debbie dribbled.....:D :D Oh sorry Debbie, didn't mean to make phun.....I know you are having a bad day, it's just that you are so much like me. I spill everything on me when I eat or drink. I thought I would outgrow it but...well....:rolleyes:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-27-2005, 04:30 PM
it's just that you are so much like me. I spill everything on me when I eat or drink. I thought I would outgrow it but...well....:rolleyes:

I get it from my mother. No, really! She's spills everything on her clean shirts, especially if there brand new and she's eating pizza. ;) :D

Thanks for all the slushies and the stew and bread is working it's magic too, I'm feeling better already! Could also be the fact that I only have 1/2 hour left and then I'm on my own for the evening! Terry's out of town so it'll just be me and my two snots for the night. <rubs hands on crystal ball> I see a night of major goofiness and snuggling. :D

Pit Chick
04-27-2005, 05:08 PM
Hi there everyone. What's that smell? Irish stew....yummmy! Those slushies look fabulous and it's the perfect slushie weather here so pass them down. I'll take one of those funky straws too. Hey look at what the slushie did to my tongue.:p

I would love a kiss Mario, but I have poison ivy on my face thanks to my dog and you don't want it. :( You can blow me a kiss though.

Hey Gini, can you look up some of my relatives when you get to Ireland? The last name is Reilly.

lbaker
04-27-2005, 05:42 PM
The last name is "REILLY"? Well gee PC... I bet (knowing Gini) she can find a "Reilly" allll over the places she goes to in IRELAND!! :D You have a Crystal Ball Debbie, and I have a Magic Eight Ball.. Mario! never mind you Weegie Board (sp?). YOU CHEAT and make your fingers say all sorts of weird stuff :eek: By the way Debbie, you said you "couldn't do anything right today"... well don't forget it's "BLAME SOMEBODAY ELSE DAY". So what if it's two weeks late.. BLAME ME "and that's what it's all about.. put your right foot in.. put your right foot out..

slick
04-27-2005, 06:14 PM
"and that's what it's all about.. put your right foot in.. put your right foot out.."
Ha! You must be talking about me....I'm always sticking my foot in my mouth....:D :D BTW, nice beads and dig those Jesus boots..:eek: :D ;)

Hi PC: sorry about the poison ivy, but your tongue looks cool. Have another slushy, it will make the itch go away.

**waves**
BYE GINI.......
I guess she's 30,000 ft up in the air by now. I wonder if they serve slushies on the plane??

Debbie, so glad you are feeling better. Snuggle up with those furbabies and get some purr therapy. Tomorrow is another day....yes Scarlett, you still have Tara. :D

Blame it on someone else?? Hmmmm, I'll have to think about that one.

catland
04-27-2005, 06:43 PM
Hi everybody - sorry I'm so late - good thing this is just the warmup for tomorrow. I've actually been w-o-r-k-i-n-g today.:eek:

I'll go home and make some hats tonight. Mario, do you want to help me blow up some balloons?

slick
04-27-2005, 06:51 PM
Mario, do you want to help me blow up some balloons?

OMD, make sure they are not helium balloons.....he'll inhale them....:eek: :D

Hi Julie, nice that you could make it here. Sit down and take a load off.

lbaker
04-27-2005, 06:52 PM
Forget the balloons for tonight! Here we are about to start the Hokey-Pokey and Mario wants a Conga Line :eek: He looks like Carman Miranda with that fruit hat and singing with Barry Manalo's "Copah, CoppahCabanna" on the jukebox :eek: YIKES! AAAIEEY!
* must calm down, must calm down.... "it was onnnnly a dream"..*

slick
04-27-2005, 10:48 PM
Hee Hee Hee....just look at Laurie sleeping like a log.....

Quick, get the Sharpies and let's give her a mustache and beard. :D :D

....but then again, she might do the same thing to me tomorrow morning.....:eek:

Corinna
04-28-2005, 12:43 AM
Sorry I'm late but had to pack up my kitchen just about all done. Now to find a new place to live. I think I'll just hang out on the couch with the other non partyers.

Oggyflute
04-28-2005, 01:09 AM
Hey all, better make room on that couch for me. Not at all well today, so might just have a taste of the stew and crash on the couch.

Mario, why are you talking like a chipmunk????:confused:

slick
04-28-2005, 07:37 AM
Good morning everyone. There's fresh coffee on and some Baileys to go with it.

Trev, sorry that you're not well either. Gosh, there must be something in the air. I went to bed at 3am and tossed and turned so I finally got up. What a long day it's going to be.

Mario, you look exhausted. Were you up late too, dancing with Laurie? She sure had some smooth moves on that dance floor. ;)

lbaker
04-28-2005, 07:47 AM
Slick, if you are up and attem this early after not sleeping, you need more than coffee. MARIO, give Slick one of your bananas.. she needs some Potasium. If you don't start taking better care of yourself young lady I'm gonna ground you! *but I will have some Bailey's with my coffee - thank you very much ;) *

slick
04-28-2005, 08:03 AM
Not to worry Laurie, I'm doing just fine. Thanks for the banana Mario, but how come there's a big bite taken out of it?? Oh what the heck, I let my cats lick my toast so why not finish off what you started. MMMM, it's good.

One advantage to being up early....I am now witnessing THE most beautiful sunrise. :) Sure wish I had a digicam.

Pit Chick
04-28-2005, 08:34 AM
(itch, itch, scratch, scratch)

Morning guys. I'll have some Bailey's in my coffee too and a shot of Benedryl.
Anyone have any suggestions on the fastest way to get rid of poison ivy or poison oak, whichever one I have? I wanted to stay home today and waller in self pitty and alcohol, but I can't afford to miss work.

lbaker
04-28-2005, 08:41 AM
For a home remedy try mud and/or oatmeal poultice. Or soak in a tepid bath with oatmeal mixed in. There are prescribed meds the doc can get you. You take something like 7 pills the first day then knock the quantity down each day. Works almost immediately. ech, good luck.

robinh
04-28-2005, 09:20 AM
Wow, PC - I've had both and you have to be miserable. The only way I've found to treat it is prescription meds. Even those take twice as long on me. Fingers crossed it goes away soon.

How's the house hunting going Corinna?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-28-2005, 10:11 AM
'Morning everybody! Much better day today....so far anyway. ;) :rolleyes:

Unfortunately it turned out I had to do a bunch of running around last night doing Terry's errands while he's gone. :rolleyes: Didn't get home until after 9:00 pm and boy did I have velcro kitty syndrome! :D :D Took my Motorhome magazine and went right to bed to read for awhile. Lovely way to spend what was rest of the evening. :D

Our first big trip in the motorhome this year is in mid May to Mobile, AL. I told Terry there is no way the cats are staying home because Jack gets so upset when we're gone. Well....Terry is already starting to get cold feet about it because Jack has never even been in the motorhome yet, much less traveled in it. So Terry's worried he's going to freak out. Well....I'll be home late again tonight, but Terry will be home on time so he will get to experience the velcro kitty syndrome himself, which I hope will help convince him that we must bring them along. I've already got Peanut working on CJ, telling him how fun it is to be in the motorhome and about all the nice scenery he will get to see out the windows. ;)

Anyway, sorry to digress. I'll start with my usual this morning. You know Coke in a McD's cup blah blah blah....;)

PC, I've always heard that with rashes and such, if it's wet make it dry and if it's dry make it wet. I've never had poison ivy so I'm not sure if it's wet or dry, but either use a lot of moisterizer or wash your face more often to dry it out, or like Laurie mentioned, make masque out of oatmeal and baking soda. They are both supposed to be soothing agents.

Now, what are we all having for breakfast? How's about we try healthy today and have a fruite bowl with some cottage cheese, 7 grain toast with sugar free raspberry jam on it...anything else you can think of?

lbaker
04-28-2005, 10:35 AM
mmmmm, I happen to love cottage cheese and fruit, or yogurt and fruit. 7 grain toast is yummy but I think I'll have real butter and real jam - I wouldn't want to get carried away with too much healthy stuff, my poor ol' body would be in shock :D

momoffuzzyfaces
04-28-2005, 12:39 PM
Lunch time here. Any of that wonderful stew left? I have a bit of a sore throat today. We're having rain and chilly weather again. ALLERGIES! ALLERGIES! ALLERGIES!

I feel like a toad in a mud puddle!!!! Can't walk without making a squishing sound!

:rolleyes: :D

lbaker
04-28-2005, 12:58 PM
Plenty of stew juice left... some nice chunks of meat and veggies but with a sore throat the juicy part is probably best. Soda bread to sop it up with too! Hot toddy or some tea with lemon? What's going on that everyone is feeling sore and/achy :( What we need a good long stretch of real Spring. Not this back & forth Winter to Summer stuff - nasty wet cold or 85 and steamy. WHERE IS SPRING???

momoffuzzyfaces
04-28-2005, 01:15 PM
Plenty of stew juice left... some nice chunks of meat and veggies but with a sore throat the juicy part is probably best. Soda bread to sop it up with too! Hot toddy or some tea with lemon? What's going on that everyone is feeling sore and/achy :( What we need a good long stretch of real Spring. Not this back & forth Winter to Summer stuff - nasty wet cold or 85 and steamy. WHERE IS SPRING??? Stew and a hot toddy and a nice long nap after. Sounds heavenly to me!

If any one finds spring, please SHARE WITH THE REST OF US!:D

slick
04-28-2005, 01:43 PM
Slick checking in.....

Hi Connie. Boy your plan for the day sounds like something I'd like to do, instead of being chained behind this desk.

Spring? I hate to brag but we've got Summer. It's been 70-74 for the past couple of weeks and my balcony door has been open all day and night. :p ;)

Debbie, so glad to hear that you are better today. Just think, every day that goes by brings us one day closer to July. :D

I'll take some stew please. It's always better the next day. Laurie, thanks for looking after things around here.

Hi to everyone else. I don't think this has been said yet this week...

DONE!

RedHedd
04-28-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
If any one finds spring, please SHARE WITH THE REST OF US!:D Ditto on that! It's raining (again :rolleyes: ) in the San Francisco Bay Area and I've also got a sore throat/something percolating in my chest syndrome. Of course spending my evenings boxing up stuff for a move isn't helping matters any.

Some hot tea with lemon and some of that stew sounds yummy!

RICHARD
04-28-2005, 02:18 PM
Is this an Irish wake or an Irish party?????

And to think I ditched work today to celebrate....

Mario,
Pull those curtains back...

Slick,
Get you arse up and make some Bailey's!
Redd,

Can you go thru the juke box and get some tunes blowing??

T&P, MOFF.....

I'll do the dishes and clean up if you all cook the onion rings???

Oggy,
Some firewood for the ladies??? Please??

Catland and Corrina....

Place settings?????

Let me move some of the bar stools......we have a two year anniiversary to attend to......

Pit.....I am sorry but You are gonna have to sit back and relax...

Poison Ivy??????:eek:

How much you wanna bet gini is bothering the flight attendants for drinks???

Dear Sirs,

On my recent flight on board you airlines I was impressed by the service of the attendants..

I was wondering if you could get them to say "done" after they pull a drink from the beverage cart.

It would be a nice touch....:D

Let party, I can waste a 'sick' day...:cool:

slick
04-28-2005, 02:59 PM
Yeah Richard, you'll looking mighty sickly today....good thing you took the day off...:p

Gini is 8 hours ahead of us so I can guess that the crowd is probably, shall we say, well lit by now! :D Either that or the jet lag has her in dreamland. You go girl!!! Celebrate that special day tomorrow.

Get your arse up and make some Bailey's!
**salutes** Yes sir! :) ...and may I say, Sir, it's nice to have you back here.

Fresh batch of Bailey's
DONE!

**waves**
Hi RedHedd. :)

Killearn Kitties
04-28-2005, 03:19 PM
Ooh, can I join this party please. Hold the stew and hot toddy, I feel fine. The bailey's will do me nicely, or maybe an Irish coffee in honour of Gini's almost birthday? Why not! Where's my party hat?

You're off sick, Richard? You sound like the healthiest one here??!

RICHARD
04-28-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Killearn Kitties

You're off sick, Richard? You sound like the healthiest one here??!

Physically, o.k., Mentally.....I died two years ago!!!;)

momoffuzzyfaces
04-28-2005, 03:34 PM

Spring? I hate to brag but we've got Summer. It's been 70-74 for the past couple of weeks and my balcony door has been open all day and night. :p ;)
Gosh, slick, for us that IS spring. We run around 85 to 105 in the summer!!!

yawn ---- I took a nice nap with some of the fuzzies and feel lots better.

Richard, I'll get started on the onion rings right away!

No, Mario! You can't help. You know we don't allow you around sharp objects. Why don't you go count the cherries and olives?

:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-28-2005, 04:31 PM
Richard, you're here! I didn't expect you to show up today. Sounds like you traded one winner of a boss for another. When are they going to make you the boss? Then you can turn you desk and computer the other way so no one can see that you're on PT all day. :D

Ok, just about quittin' time here again so bring on the slushies! I had red yesterday (and no, I didn't get the red stain out of my white blouse :rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes: ) so today I'll try the greenies.

Onion rings sound yummy MOFF, and how about some pizza too? See, this is what happens when I try to eat healthy. :rolleyes:

Pit Chick
04-28-2005, 04:43 PM
Pit.....I am sorry but You are gonna have to sit back and relax...

DONE! :D

Hey, I found Spring, I'll send it to you guys in a few weeks, I'm not done with it yet.

RICHARD
04-28-2005, 04:48 PM
When are they going to make you the boss?

Do you think calling into work sick so I can spend the day in a cyber bar makes me "boss" material????:D

One green slushie, for the road??? DONE!

Pit..

Had you held on to winter a little longer.....No poison plants at all....

You gotta share!!!

Done?

Moff.....

Thank you...As usual wonderful onion rings.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-28-2005, 04:49 PM
Do you think calling into work sick so I can spend the day in a cyber bar makes me "boss" material????:D
Absolutely!!!! I think my boss should try it sometime. ;) :rolleyes: :D

slick
04-28-2005, 05:06 PM
MMMMM great onion rings Connie. Thanks and they taste good dipped in the gravy from the stew.

Richard.....only 11 more Thursdays until the BBQ :) :)

May I please have a red slushy? I need to practice my "elbow bend".

catland
04-28-2005, 07:04 PM
I'll join you in that slushie.

Here's an email I got to give everyone a chuckle :)

After every flight, pilots fill out a form which conveys to the mechanics problems encountered with the aircraft Mechanics correct the problem, and then respond in writing on the lower half of the form what remedial action was taken. Here are some maintenance complaints and problems as submitted by pilots and the solution recorded by maintenance engineers. Never let it be said that ground crews and engineers lack a sense of humor.

(P = the problem logged by the pilot S = the solution and action
taken by the engineers)

P: Left inside main tire almost needs replacement.
S: Almost replaced left inside main tire.

P: Test flight OK, except auto-land very rough.
S: Auto-land not installed on this aircraft.

P: Something loose in cockpit.
S: Something tightened in cockpit.

P: Dead bugs on windshield.
S: Live bugs on back-order.

P: Autopilot in altitude-hold mode produces a 200 feet per minute descent.
S: Cannot reproduce problem on ground.

P: Evidence of leak on right main landing gear.
S: Evidence removed.

P: DME volume unbelievably loud.
S: DME volume set to more believable level.

P: Friction locks cause throttle levers to stick.
S: That's what they're there for.

P: IFF inoperative.
S: IFF always inoperative in OFF mode.

P: Suspected crack in windshield.
S: Suspect you're right.

P: Number 3 engine missing.
S: Engine found on right wing after brief search.

P: Aircraft handles funny.
S: Aircraft warned to straighten up, fly right, and be serious.

P: Target radar hums.
S: Reprogrammed target radar with lyrics.

P: Mouse in cockpit.
S: Cat installed.

P: Noise coming from under instrument panel. Sounds like a midget pounding on something with a hammer.
S: Took hammer away from midget.

Oggyflute
04-28-2005, 11:25 PM
More firewood?

No probs, done! :)

Think i'll grab a quick slushie while I'm here, just an hour to go before the start of the weekend. WooHoo!!. No bananas thanks Mario, but you can chuck us a few of those onion rings.

Catland that e-mail looks very much like the flight reports we used to submit when I was in the Airforce.:D (Sadly my last reunion showed a distinct lack of humour amoungst the current crop:( ).

dukedogsmom
04-29-2005, 12:02 AM
Is everyone sleeping? For once, I'm up for the people in Australia. It's 1am right now. I'm at work. How about some good strong coffee? Just sneaking in here to say hi to everyone but I see most of you are sleeping by the fire.

Oggyflute
04-29-2005, 01:20 AM
I'm up, it's the weekend now. Time I think for a long cold amber brew.:D

Killearn Kitties
04-29-2005, 01:28 AM
I'm up! I'm on holiday, but hubby isn't, so I was up at the same time. No lie in for me today, I have some serious shopping to do, lunch with a friend, and a holiday Monday coming up too! A Thursday party just started it off perfectly.

Anybody want to join me in some toast? I need to eat before shopping.

dukedogsmom
04-29-2005, 02:11 AM
Ha ha! I just got back from shopping at Wal Mart on my break. I'm eating Cheetos and Mint Oreos with milk. Yum. That ought to keep me awake for a few more hours until I get out of here.

Oggyflute
04-29-2005, 02:44 AM
Toast, cheetos or mint oreos'...............Hmm what to have?

I know. Another beer!.............:D :D :D

Happy shopping KK, and dont you just love nightshift DDM.

Oggyflute
04-29-2005, 02:45 AM
Oh, I'm cooking some morrocan lamb cutlets at the moment, I'll throw a few more on for you.:D

dukedogsmom
04-29-2005, 03:58 AM
I do love the night shift! This is only my second night of it after years and years of days. But, I've always been a night person anyway so it hasn't been that difficult. I've never had morrocan lamb cutlets before so that should be a treat. Do you have Indian restaurants there? I love the Tandoori chicken and the Naan bread.

Oggyflute
04-29-2005, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
I do love the night shift! This is only my second night of it after years and years of days. But, I've always been a night person anyway so it hasn't been that difficult. I've never had morrocan lamb cutlets before so that should be a treat. Do you have Indian restaurants there? I love the Tandoori chicken and the Naan bread.

I've only ever done night shift in my younger Air Force days, and I hated it because it cut into my play time.:D

We have plenty of Indian restaurants, the local one is excellent, they do a tandoori lamb which is heavenly and a butter chicken that just melts in your mouth. I like my naan bread with a dusting of herbs and garlic.:)

slick
04-29-2005, 08:33 AM
Good morning everyone! Well, it's officially Gini's birthday today and right now she's looking at 2:30pm in Ireland. I'm sure the pubs have rolled out the red carpet for her. In honour of her special day and her favourite drink, Rum and Coke will be the DOTD. Here's to one of my bestest friends! Happy birthday Gini, wherever you are. :) :)

OK, now that that's out of the way, I'm going to grab some ice water with lemon and start a little cleanup duty. Wanna help me Mario??

lbaker
04-29-2005, 08:49 AM
Asking Mario to help clean is like asking the fox to watch the henhouse .................... :rolleyes:

slick
04-29-2005, 09:09 AM
Hey, Mario's a good like helper, aren't you sweetie???

No hon, the plastic bag goes IN the garbage pail, not on your head....

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-29-2005, 09:46 AM
'Morning everybody!

Catland - too funny! :D

Toast sounds yummy KK, although by now you're probably done with your lunch with a friend and back at the serious shopping. Sounds like a wonderful day off! :D

I'll grab the mop and bucket and do the floors, Slick. Wait a minute, Mario, give me that mop, it's all yucky and you really don't want to put it on your head!

While my toast is toasting....which means I'm still starving...what's say we start thinking about lunch....reminds me of when I used to work at my previous job (which I quit in 1987 so it's be awhile) my boss would usually stroll in about 9:00 am and the first thing out of his mouth after the "good mornings" was "what's for lunch?" :rolleyes: :D

lbaker
04-29-2005, 09:52 AM
I am so hungry right now (10:50 a.m.) I'm ready to gnaw on my chair *ew yuck.. needs mustard*. Don't have time for kitchen duty today though, I need to finish work up early so I can go home and kick some butt. yeah yeah, it's about time - I know I know :rolleyes:

slick
04-29-2005, 12:12 PM
Laurie......:( I've emailed you.

Hi Debbie. Did you see the request in Cat General for Peanut pictures??? :)

Thanks for helping clean up. I guess Richard went back to work today...

I'm just going to grab a BM to go. It's Friday, it's payday and it's sunny. :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-29-2005, 01:50 PM
yuck, crappy old McDonald's for lunch. Mario, want a left over McNugget?

Friday afternoon here now, so bring on the slushies! :D

slick
04-29-2005, 02:04 PM
yuck, crappy old McDonald's for lunch. Mario, want a left over McNugget?

Friday afternoon here now, so bring on the slushies! :D
I almost stopped at McD's for breakfast on my way in this morning...but remembered the heartburn I got last time. :rolleyes:

OK, belly up the bar everyone. I've just made a pitcher of red and a pitcher of green slushies. On with the Friday afternoon partee. :D :D

davidpizzica
04-29-2005, 02:25 PM
After the day I had at work, I could use any color slushie, Slick.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-29-2005, 03:47 PM
I'll take a pitcher of each, Slick. :D :rolleyes: :D

Terry snuck out and took the afternoon off....but didn't tell his boss....then has the nerve to call me and brag about it.....while I sit here slaving away.....ok, ok, so I've spent some time on PT, did my school work, went to lunch, did my personal finances, spent some more time on PT, checked in at the bar, looked again and again at all the adorable kitten pics, answered the phone once, spent some more time on PT. Whew! I'm exhausted and need some slushies bad! ;) :rolleyes: :D

I love it when my boss is gone and busy all day. :D :cool:

slick
04-29-2005, 04:04 PM
:D :D Friday's are good for me too Debbie. My boss works Monday to Thursday. OK, so far I've been here for 4 hours and how much of that time did I actually do "work"?? Maybe one...:o

I just can't get into it today. It's sunny and I want to be outside. WHHHHAAAAHHHHH!!! Enough whining...here are some twistie straws for our slushies. The reminds me, I need to go shopping this weekend for some little paper umbrellas for our drinks at Gini's. :)

Mario, here's a special drink for you with a bendy straw. Now, NO blowing bubbles in the drink...you might end up with backwash!!!:eek: EWWWWWW

Killearn Kitties
04-29-2005, 04:58 PM
Well I need a reviving slushie after all that shopping! It's just unbelievable how much money you can spend in such a short time when you really put your mind to it. I hope that Oggy has saved me some Morrocan lamb from the barbie! Sounds yummy.

Oggyflute
04-29-2005, 10:51 PM
Plenty of morrocan lamb cutlets left for you mate.:D

I thought I would do some satay beef kababs this arvo, just got them marinating now. Another lovely sunny saturday down under so a big jug of red slushie would definately hit the spot.:)

Mario? what are you doing with that bag mate? No I definately would not put the straw there. Ok, but Slick just cleaned the place so make sure the cherries are gone before she pops back.

slick
04-29-2005, 10:56 PM
Hey Trev, I'm here tonight. It's Friday night for me and nothing on TV so thought I would drop in at the bar.

Sorry, no lamb for me but I'm tasting those beef kabobs as I type. I haven't had dinner yet.....mmmmmmm, my mouth is watering.

Big jug of red slushies, DONE! What's arvo??? :confused:

Trevelle send kisses. :)

Oh yeah, you are 8 hrs + a day ahead so that would make it 5pm Saturday for you??

Oggyflute
04-29-2005, 11:09 PM
It's 2.05 PM at the moment Slick on saturday afternoon. (Arvo:D ) this arvo means this afternoon.:D

Glad to hear Trevelle is fine. :D

I promise to make satay beef kebabs for all the PTer's you drag downunder in 2007.:D

slick
04-29-2005, 11:39 PM
2007...that seems so far away. God willing, we will make it. My neice travelled "down under" for about 4 months last year backpacking with friends. I can get some pointers from her, mind you, I'm alot older and trekking around with a 30 pound backpack isn't my style these days.:rolleyes: Anyway, I can find out where she visited and let you know. Where are you located?? Nearest major city??

I'm going to enable my PM's and send you my email addy. Maybe you can send me more info as to your location. It's never too early to plan. :)

Oggyflute
04-30-2005, 12:58 AM
I live in Sydney Slick, the city to be in.:D Though there are many wonderous sights and places to go all over Aus.:)

cloverfdx
04-30-2005, 08:31 AM
Ohhh Slick are you coming to visit us Aussies in the future? :D, woohoo.

slick
04-30-2005, 09:47 AM
Clover:
For decades now, my only dream vacation destination has been Austrialia/New Zealand.

...but that was before I met the Pet Talk gang. Now I want to travel to the UK, Germany, Denmark and other places too.

Who knows, 2007 will be here soon enough and we'll see what happens. :)

Trev, thanks for the PM. Let the planning begin.

OK folks, Saturday morning here and I just woke up....:o No work today so a nice spanish coffee will be just Jim Dandy. Wait a minute, who is Jim, and is he single??:D ;)

lbaker
04-30-2005, 09:54 AM
I know Jim, he is indeed quite Dandy :eek: :o

slick
04-30-2005, 10:08 AM
Hey Laurie....good morning to you, my friend. :)

Hope you are feeling better today. Your last post here had me a tad worried, but then again, what else is new?? :rolleyes:

Sit down by the fire and relax. I want to know all about Jim.

Mario, Laurie might need some cheering up. Stop shoving that banana up your nose and see if you can put a smile on her face. I'm going into the kitchen to see what I can rustle up. **pats Mario's head** There's a good boy, now. Run along.

RICHARD
04-30-2005, 10:57 AM
good morning everyone...

Here's post #8000...

Oggy,
I almost crashed my car because of you....the local rock station plays the "5 o'clock funnies" some snippets of comedy albums....

I heard "here's your sign" and almost center punched the center divider....Satay??? no mention of peanut sauce? shame on you!;)

Hi Slick, KK and T&P-Mario, Laurie, Clover and David....

Do you think that Gini went over to Europe to see if she mess with that Greenwich Time Thing and NOT have a birthday???:D

I'll make a pot, put out some Kahlua and Bailey's for y'all!!!

I'll peek in later on!!!

Oggyflute
04-30-2005, 11:30 PM
Hi all, yeah Kahlua sounds a pretty good way to while away the afternoon, (that's arvo for slick;) - if you're going to come down under, got to get your slang up to speed).

Richard, Satay means peanut sauce.:D Can't have satay beef with no peanuts in it.:D

No mario, there are no cherries in a satay.:rolleyes:

slick
05-01-2005, 12:44 PM
Hey guys....I just got an email from Gini in Ireland......

....she's discovered Guiness and wants Thursdays to carry it on a regular basis...:) :) Over to you Richard. I don't do "suppliers".

lbaker
05-01-2005, 03:11 PM
HOORAY HOORAY, THE FIRST OF MAY
OUTSIDE *bleep* ING, STARTS TODAY! :p

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-01-2005, 07:39 PM
I was wondering if anyone else had ever heard that! I said that to Terry one time and he looked at me like I was bonkers or something! :rolleyes: ;) :D

Way back many moons ago, I had a sticker with this on it. One year somebody was giving them out - don't remember who but I think it was somebody for work - ick! ;) :D

slick
05-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Well, I must be really blonde today 'cause I don't get it.....can someone email me please....:o :o

momoffuzzyfaces
05-01-2005, 08:01 PM
Well, I must be really blonde today 'cause I don't get it.....can someone email me please....:o :o Don't feel alone!!! I'm in a fog too! I'm not even a blond, though I tried it for a while..
I thought it was outside grilling that started today but what do I know? :eek:

Oggyflute
05-02-2005, 01:55 AM

That's not some obscure Celtic ritual is it?:confused: :D

Guiness! Now thats a beer! I just love Guiness, so dark and mysterious, yet soft and subtle. It caresses your palate, and says such a gentle hello to your stomach........................................(wh ere was I?) Oh yeah, beauty, I'll have a guiness, thanks mate. Gini will have to bring more than a bucket load back I feel.:D