PDA

View Full Version : Interesting News! And a BIG EEEK!

QueenScoopalot
04-26-2005, 07:40 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/ARL-1043.jpg

I posted these already, and should have brought my camera when I went to see the little pork puffs today, but it's been a rushed and hectic day. I'll bug Larry for pics soon.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/P4080001.jpg

And this was the 'guess how many' picture! The babies are two weeks old, and thriving despite there being nine of them! :eek: :eek: Here's the kicker...ALL are females except the beige one! Reproductive nightmare in the makings right there, as the city that Gypsy came from I can't say is very responsible. :rolleyes: They are all so adorable! :) :) Glad they'll be altered, along with mom! She's had far too many already from what I heard..poor girl. :rolleyes:

kittycats_delight
04-26-2005, 07:52 PM
wow....sooo many little cuties....and they look well. Poor mom must be dragged out completely....and she looks like she is kinda tiny. Good job momma. She looks like a very attentive and carig mommy cat too. Glad to hear they will all be altered. 8 females....hope that boy is a scrapper he would need to be with all those girlies LOL

Laura's Babies
04-26-2005, 08:10 PM
I really never cared about the sex of any kitties I wanted. It is personality I look for.. But that many in ONE litter must be a record!! 2 weeks? CUTE stage now! Man, I would love to be in the middle of that pile!!

kimlovescats
04-26-2005, 08:20 PM
Jan, this is a prime example of WHY rescue work and spaying / neutering is so important! Just THINK how many litters of homeless kitties those 8 babies could produce!!!!:eek: :eek:
GREAT JOB!;)

leslie
04-26-2005, 08:41 PM
what a great pic! sending it to my friends!! what a great photo op!

iloverat
04-26-2005, 11:39 PM
OMG :eek: :eek: :eek: I don't think I've ever seen so many kittens together!!! They are all cute as can be. I am sooooooo thankful that YOU have them because you will see that the responsible thing is done by getting them all spayed and neutered. Please give Gypsy a kiss for me. What a sweet mommy.

krazyaboutkatz
04-27-2005, 12:13 AM
They sure are cute and i'm glad that they'll all be getting fixed.:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-27-2005, 04:40 AM
WOW!:eek: ! 9 kittens???
I always thought that a cat only had 8 nipples; so what happens with that 9th kitten?¨ Poor mommacat too!

Great pics :) :)

Killearn Kitties
04-27-2005, 04:50 AM
:D I didn't see these before! They are gorgeous!
Sounds as if you have averted a disaster there.

sirrahbed
04-27-2005, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Maya & Inka's mommy

I always thought that a cat only had 8 nipples; so what happens with that 9th kitten?¨

I wondered this also!! I bet the boy has to wait;)

smokey the elder
04-27-2005, 08:05 AM
They have to eat in shifts.:D

catmandu
04-27-2005, 08:19 AM
That looks ,like A Baseball Team,of Kittens,the Mewfield Nine,amybe.And I am glad,that Scrappy 2,and Scrapette,wont have to go through that.Great Work,and hopefully,there will be Furr Ever Home,for Mom Cat,and Kittens!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-27-2005, 09:07 AM
One of my best friends from childhood was the only girl with 7 brothers. Bet this little guy knows how she felt. ;) :D

catnapper
04-27-2005, 09:08 AM
Wow... 8 little girls. How many would they have made in their lifetime? :eek: Most people don't appreciate what you do -- but WE do!

moosmom
04-27-2005, 09:17 AM
:eek: :eek: Yowser!!!

Randi
04-27-2005, 09:26 AM
What a cute pile of kittens, the mom must be exhausted! She looks like a very caring mom. :)

Glad you're having them fixed.

momcat
04-27-2005, 10:20 AM
Hi, QueenScoopalot! What a beautiful picture of Mommy caring for her adorable babies! May each baby enjoy a long life filled with love with someone that will unconditionally care for them and give only the best that the life of a pet deserves! Thank you so very much for your rescue work! If you accept contributions to help offset your expenses, please let me know how I can get a couple of bucks to you.

K & L
04-27-2005, 07:20 PM
OMG these are too much! I'm glad they got in good hands and will be altered and no more reproducing for mom cat. Once we had our ferals altered they thrived in health and their coats are wonderful. Keep up your good work.