PDA

View Full Version : For those who have their ears peirced..(question!)

sammy101
04-26-2005, 06:38 PM
I have my cartilage peirced,and right now it is REALLY infected:eek: Its a huge bump on the back of my ear,and it hurts,and its tender!:eek: :( It looks really gross,so im wondering, is there any at home stuff i can put on it?For now im using the peirced-ear anisetic(spll?) that i got when i got it peirced.Should i put Neosporin on it?Or no?What would you recommend i put on it?
also i have another question,i want to the little flap peirced(i know some of you have it peirced,i dont know what its called:o ),do you know if Claires or Merle norman will peirce it there?Or do i have to go to an actual tattoo/peircing place?

sorry if thats conufsing:o

Tweety_Pie
04-26-2005, 06:44 PM
Ohh that has to hurt! When I got my first holes done one of them got infected.. I just can't remember what I used..

As for the "little flap" you want peirced.. I'm pretty sure thats called a Tragus(sp?).. I don't think Claire's will do it because they use a gun (I went there one time to see if I could get the top of my ear peirced, but they said they couldn't because they were only permitted to peirce ear lobes)... I'm not sure about the other place.. my friend had to go to a peircing place to get her tragus done.

:)

catnapper
04-26-2005, 06:46 PM
Neosporin should do the trick.

My second holes always get like that if I wear earrings for more than a few hours in them. PAINFUL!

cookieluver7
04-26-2005, 06:51 PM
OUCH!!! If it gets too bad be sure to see a doctor! Sorry, I have no other suggestions for you.

Uabassoon
04-26-2005, 07:11 PM
i want to the little flap peirced(i know some of you have it peirced,i dont know what its called ),do you know if Claires or Merle norman will peirce it there?Or do i have to go to an actual tattoo/peircing place?

Even if they will do it, PLEASE don't get it done there. That's just asking for an infection. The reason that your cartilage is infected is because odds are they did the peircing with gun (I'm guessing). The peircing jewlery isn't really sharp enough, so what happened is that your cartlilage is just getting pushed aside, so now it's having a hard time healing because there is no place for that cartilage to go. If you had done it at a peircing shop they would have used a hollow needle which would have removed a tiny peice of it allowing room for the peircing so that it could heal.

If you decide to get a tragus peircing and have it done with a gun like at Claire's the problem will be even worse since that area is a bit thicker.

NoahsMommy
04-26-2005, 07:21 PM
I'm sorry your ear is infected. That sounds painful. :(

Thanks for the info, Laura! I'm getting my nose done this weekend and wondered about that. Cool! :)

dukedogsmom
04-26-2005, 07:24 PM
Go to your doctor to get a special piercing like that. Also, my first cartilege piercing got really infected like that(also done at Claire's) and I had to take out the earring. My nail tech did my second one and I've had no problems. I've actually been thinking about getting one done beside it. My advice is to take out the earring and use the Neosporin. Let it heal completely and then either go to your doctor or maybe find someone with a lot of experience to get it done again.

sammy101
04-26-2005, 07:41 PM
thankyou!:) I think neosporin should do;)
I got mine done at Merle Norman last summer.I dont like Claires anyways,all my friends who got theres done there has always gotten infected.
I'll have to talk to my parents about getting my tragus peirced,theres a few peircing places around but i dont know which one to go to.