PDA

View Full Version : A day at the flea market

anna_66
04-26-2005, 04:53 PM
Sunday Robin & I decided to take a little trip and meet at a big indoor flea market called Traders World (http://www.tradersworldmarket.com/).
It's a huge place and we did lots of shopping!
Our first stop was at a little booth that sold charm braclets and charms. Of course we couldn't resist getting one a few charms to go along with it!
Here's mine (maybe Robin will get on and share hers too;)).
I eneded up getting 5 charms along the way. The first one says "Dog Lover" then there is a husky, chow and rottie. Couldn't find a black chow or a mastiff...guess I'll be doing a little ebay shopping also:D The charm on the end is 1/2 of a best friends charm...Robin has the other:D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid166/pc2f945e5c96073f2fefa57ad637c56a9/f4542fdf.jpg
Next we went to a really cool place that has all kinds of dog stuff. Just about any thing with any breed (of course except a brindle mastiff:rolleyes: ).
I got a neat husky shirt that I've been wanting forever. And as we were doing more shopping I found a cool chow shirt...it looks just like my Huney Bunny!
We went to another place and they did airbrushing so Robin & I decided to have the pups names put on our shirts...too cool!!!
Here's the husky shirt
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid166/p1c6c1fd6586f60f8d422d7ddcfd73c63/f4542fe4.jpg
and here's the chow shirt
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid166/pacd6d16bbfb22921adde4854f294490a/f4542fe1.jpg
I think they turned out awesome...can't wait to wear them:D

Robin also got one with an Akita so mabye she can share it with you all, it looks alot like Katie girl.

Anyways I was just so happy with my purchases I just had to share!!!

Kfamr
04-26-2005, 05:00 PM
Cool stuff!!

I'm goin to laugh when people start called you Huney. ;)

Lexi_Lover
04-26-2005, 05:08 PM
When I read the title, I figured, oh poor Anna's dogs, they must have gotten fleas and you cleaned them up. So me expecting sad puppy faces, got some amazing things! It looks like you had a GREAT time! I wish I could have went, those shirts and charm bracelets look great!

Lets see some pics with them on you now Anna! You too Robin! :D

Cincy'sMom
04-26-2005, 05:16 PM
Now, my parents never told me they had THAT kinda of stuff at the flea markets!! They stop at Trader's World when they go see my brother. I think they have been holding out.

I've been looking around for more charms...and they aren't cheap!! My aunt had TONS of them at christmas time, most I've found since are more then I thought they'd be..all though I haven't check E-bay. Be careful though...some charms open to the right,a nd some to left. MAke sure the ones you buy fit together!!

4 Dog Mother
04-26-2005, 06:11 PM
As soon as I opened this I started to laugh, Trader's World IS one of Carl's and my favorite places. We also go to the one across 75 Turtle Creek - it is smaller but has a lot of nice stuff too. Actually I haven't been there too recently. I haven't gone to see Rob but Carl stopped on the way back from taking Christy home and spent the night with Rob. Both he and Rob went to Trader's World - but I didn't get any dog shirts or charms. HMM, I think I better talk to that man!

When Carl was living in Florida, he found a flea market who had lots of dog iron ons and he had shirts made up for me with an Airedale, Dalmation, Golden Retriever, a Border terrier that looks kind of like Taggert - I never thought of having the dogs names put on the back - cool idea.

My sister made me a bracelet for Christmas. I have a dog lover, a paw print, one that looks like a Golden Retriever and a generic dog. (As well as lots of others that have purple on them or I love my kids etc.)

Flea markets are such fun! You never know what you will find! Trader's World has some nice inexpensive plants when it gets warmer - I've gotten some beautiful hanging baskets for $10 and less.

tikeyas_mom
04-26-2005, 06:53 PM
i love the sibe shirt!!!! super cool!!! I want one with Tikeya name lol..

Sounds like you too had fun shoppin ;)..

captain
04-26-2005, 07:45 PM
I have never, ever seen a braclet like that!!! C:D :D L!

Hmmmmm, wonder if you can get them here. Anna, do they have a specific name?

LOVE the shirts too ........

anna_66
04-26-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by captain
I have never, ever seen a braclet like that!!! C:D :D L!

Hmmmmm, wonder if you can get them here. Anna, do they have a specific name?

Yep they are called Italian Charm Braclets. Not sure if you can get them there but I've seen them on the internet quite a bit:)

Originally posted by Kfamr
HA! You won't be here to hear them:p

Jadapit
04-26-2005, 09:54 PM
Very cool stuff! I love the charm braclets. We dont have flea markets here. The town I live in is so small. I envy you all. I bet that was a blast.:D

cyber-sibes
04-26-2005, 10:22 PM
I LOVE the sibe shirt!! ):cool: Maybe it will be warm enough at the Memorial Day Findlay gathering you can show it off! (of course the way the weather's been.......we could have snow!)

captain
04-26-2005, 10:29 PM
I just did a search on eBay hee - (and yes, believe it or not, that is the first time I have ever gone onto eBay!!!!!) - and found some in Australia.

They don't seem to have the groovy charms you got tho .... might have to search in the USA too!!! :D

Thanks Anna

lute
04-27-2005, 09:20 AM
you did some good shoppin!

i have that siberian charm. and i wish i had a shirt like that! that is too cute!

cloverfdx
04-27-2005, 10:23 AM
Wow you picked up some great stuff Anna :D. I love the charm bracelet very nice.

shais_mom
04-27-2005, 11:46 AM
cool stuff Anna! :)

wolf_Q
04-27-2005, 11:29 PM
Wow that's some really neat stuff! I've been wanting to get one of those italian charm bracelets, they are really neat. I love those charms and the shirts! :)

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-28-2005, 05:19 AM
Those braclets are cool. I want one!

ramanth
04-28-2005, 12:51 PM
Nice bracelet and shirts Anna! :D We have a flea market here called Gibralter Trade Center.

Those charm bracelets are becoming quite popular! My mom has three she's making for my sisters and I. :) I've been shopping for charms on eBay to add to it. :)

RobiLee
04-28-2005, 02:22 PM
Yep, we had a good time shopping at the flea market. Your pictures turned out great, Anna. I'll have to try and take a pic of my akita shirt tonite. I'm still regretting the fact that I didn't buy me a husky shirt like yours. We are going to have to go back....lol.

I did get lucky and find a Mini Bow 2.5 for $14 :eek: . I'm pretty sure they sell for 25 bucks at Walmart. So I was very happy with that purchase. :D. I couldn't find an akita charm for my bracelet or a red and white husky so I'm going to have to do some ebaying ;). I bought 3 charms. I have the dog lover one, one with my name and the other half of the best friends one. I really like my bracelet and am looking forward to adding more charms.

I'll try to get some pictures later on.

*LabLoverKEB*
04-29-2005, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Cool stuff!!

Hahaha... good one Kay!:D

I love your charms and your t-shirts! They're so cool! I have 2 of those charm braclets, and I also have a doggie charm, and a pawprint.

KYS
04-29-2005, 07:57 PM
What a great place to shop.
Wished we had one around where I live.
You bought some great items.