PDA

View Full Version : Cute little stray story....

Glacier
04-26-2005, 03:26 PM
I have a coworker who comes across as a bit of a redneck. He's an ex-cop, big, tough type. But it's all an act. He has a few animals at his home--horses, a police dog who flunked training because she refused to learn to bite, and two shelter kitties. He is always telling me stories about his little tuxie girl, Morgana.

Early Sunday morning, he heard Morgana freaking out in the living room--hissing, growling and generally acting ticked off. He figured there was a fox or something in the yard. Morgana thinks she's pretty tough from behind a window! After listening to her for some time, he got up to see what was making her so mad. Laying under his coffee table was a tortishell cat he has never seen before! He has a tabby and a tuxie--no torties!! The kitty had let herself in through the dog door and was making herself right at home!

He lives in a rural subdivision and none of his neighbors are claiming the kitty as theirs. She's friendly and affectionate so clearly not a wild kitty. Someone probably dumped her off in the boonies. In my co-worker's words "I guess I have three cats now!"

sarifish
04-26-2005, 03:28 PM
awww hahaha thats too cute

QueenScoopalot
04-26-2005, 03:31 PM
:D :D :D She sure found her way to the right home in the middle of nowhere! ;) ;) ;) Cute story, and hope she's an accepted family member now. :)

catmandu
04-26-2005, 03:33 PM
Now,taht is a clever Tortie,to be able,to pick out,just the right home,where she,will be able,to fit in,and have that Great Furr Ever Home,that she deserves!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/FoundCatFollies108.jpg

Just like Ragnar,who decided,that the Found Cat Hotel,was the place,for him,and made sure,that his little friend Scrappy 2,knew as well.

Laura's Babies
04-26-2005, 03:34 PM
I love his answer, "I guess I have 3 kitties now.."..Makes you wonder if someone made a "night deposite" through that kitty door. That is really a funny story!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-26-2005, 04:50 PM
Seems you have a lot of those big tough softies in your area. ;) :D :D

I don't know how anyone could turn her away after she just came right on in and made herself to home even though another cat obviously didn't like the idea at all.

Way to go tortie!!! :D

Shady
04-26-2005, 04:51 PM
That's really cute. lol

And I would bet she's a really smart kitty because of that too. Hopefully everyone gets along and without hissy fits.

Felicia's Mom
04-26-2005, 05:03 PM
That is a cute story. I hope everything works out.:)

Queen of Poop
04-26-2005, 05:40 PM
You've got to love those big, tough softies. :)

kimlovescats
04-26-2005, 08:39 PM
Awwwwwww, what a precious story, and a very happy ending!!!:D

Logan
04-26-2005, 09:30 PM
That is a precious story, Glacier!!!! :) I have to say, though, that I would definitely be locking down that dog door at nighttime, just in case he gets some visitors that he doesn't want!!!! :eek:

jazzcat
04-26-2005, 09:42 PM
What a happy ending for cat number 3.

krazyaboutkatz
04-27-2005, 12:22 AM
What a wonderful story.:)

catnapper
04-27-2005, 09:11 AM
Awwwww.... I love real men who love their pets. I love your stories of these guys too!