PDA

View Full Version : Update on Gina (prayers needed)

NoahsMommy
04-26-2005, 03:24 PM
Hey guys,

Gina could still use some prayers. I've been PMing and she wanted me to give you all an update. I guess its hard for her to get reception inside the hospital, so its hard for her to come update PT.

Here is some of her PM on what's going on:

today was much better, the interpreter came today - finally and surprised that one of stanford nurse could sign!!! as well as I do and it was soooo great to be able to know the problems annd whys, (communicate also) of my health problems. they found I have a slight auerism through cat scan contrast (sp?) with low thyroid too. plus mostly just because of migraines. it can be treated with medication but must stay here a few days more to make sure I'm okay...

She says that our messages helped her to figure out what to ask and how to get herself help. I'm so glad!

She said her friend took a picture of her and Crayola at the hospital and she's going to try and email it to me so I can post it here.

Please keep Gina in your prayers.

Thank you!

luvofallhorses
04-26-2005, 03:26 PM
She will still be in my prayers.

GraciesMommy
04-26-2005, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the update..glad they have someone there who can sign and help her know what is happening to her..and has an interpreter too~ maybe between the 2 she won't be feeling so lost.

Will continue to keep happy thoughts!

Jadapit
04-26-2005, 03:38 PM
I will keep Gina in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad she found someone that can sign. Poor girl, hospitals are so not fun!:(

robinh
04-26-2005, 03:47 PM
Give her my best wishes when you talk to her again. I'll definitely keep up the prayers and good wishes until she's out of the hospital.

I'm so glad she has found someone to help the staff explain what's going on. There's nothing worse than not knowing. You can deal with the reality once you know what it is.

Logan
04-26-2005, 03:56 PM
Thank you for the update, Kelly!! I'm so glad you have been corresponding with Gina and that she is finally getting some answers!!!

Logan

Kater
04-26-2005, 03:59 PM
Gina - you are in my thoughts and prayers! I hope you start feeling better VERY SOON! {{{HUGS}}} :)
Thanks for the update, Kelly.

NoahsMommy
04-26-2005, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the well wishes for Gina, guys. I've emailed them to her...I know they'll make her feel a bit better. I know how much I enjoyed your emails while I was in the hospital. :)

Poor thing!! :(

NoahsMommy
04-26-2005, 04:28 PM
I told Gina what you've all said so far. Here is her response:

oh already...THANKS. I'm smiling right now >_< crayola's looking at me &
smiling too. can't wait to get back on site. xoxxo -
..gina & her gina's ark inc.

jazzcat
04-26-2005, 04:28 PM
Poor Gina. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for the update and picture Kelly.

dukedogsmom
04-26-2005, 04:38 PM
Sorry I didn't know about her being in the hospital. I hope they have success in treating the aneurysm. I know it must be very scary. When she has access to a computer, have her check out this site: http://www.bafound.org/support/index.php

kimlovescats
04-26-2005, 04:39 PM
Sending prayers for you, Gina. You have had such a rough time of it, praying things start to get better for you soon!

(((HUGS)))
Kim;)

chocolatepuppy
04-26-2005, 05:23 PM
You are still in my prayers Gina. I hope you're doing better and home soon! :)

Karen
04-26-2005, 05:53 PM
Still in our prayers!

Felicia's Mom
04-26-2005, 06:00 PM
Hospitals are not fun. You are in my prayers.

Laura's Babies
04-26-2005, 06:09 PM
Changing those hospitals seems to have been the right thing for her to do and she is so lucky that she has a nurse that can communicate with her now and keep her informed with what they are doing, why and what the results are. It can only be uphill for you now Gina but I will hold off until I start jumping for joy.

I have to go back to work tomorrow and I will be gone for 28 days but I hope to come home to find this is just a bad memory for you! I hope someone will keep me posted or that I can check in from time to time and see how you are doing. Take Care Gina! Laura

Ginger's Mom
04-26-2005, 06:29 PM
Oh poor thing. I will keep her in my thoughts. I'm so glad that she can communicate with someone now. And I'm glad she has Crayola with her.

NoahsMommy
04-26-2005, 06:37 PM
You guys are really nice with all these replies. I'm sending them to her via email and she's really enjoying the support. I don't think she has a lot of support at home...so this is really nice for her.

Lots of hugs,
Kelly :)

joycenalex
04-26-2005, 06:41 PM
wow! i'm soooo glad someone figured out what was happening. i almost cried when i saw ..."the migrane will eat me." i felt so bad for her. prayers are still going up. ((hugs))

slick
04-26-2005, 06:42 PM
Kelly, sorry I didn't see this until now. Please include my prayers along with the others. Thanks.

slick
xo

NoahsMommy
04-26-2005, 07:19 PM
Will do! :)

I'm leaving work and wont have access to the internet until later on tonight. (Going to my first Crohn's Support Group) I'm going to copy all the messages and send them to her before I leave at 6:30 my time.

Thanks, guys! :)

QueenScoopalot
04-26-2005, 07:30 PM
Glad things are looking up some for you Gina! I'm sooo happy you have someone who you can communicate with now, as it makes things so much easier for all involved. Crayola looks like such a sweet dog, glad he's there with you. Too bad he's not in your hospital bed...he looks so warm and soft. Hope you get out soon, and the docs can figure out what treatment will keep you feeling better. I can't imagine the pain you've been in. Hang in there, and ((HUGS)) Jan

Corinna
04-26-2005, 07:33 PM
I'm so releaved she got to the new hospital. I'm glad she is getting help and answers.
Please tell her I'm still praying for her and sending her a huge hug.

anna_66
04-26-2005, 07:53 PM
Sorry I never seen this befor:o

Gina, I hope your feeling better soon. You'll be in my prayers sweetie.

gini
04-26-2005, 08:48 PM
Gina, you can count on my prayers for your good health to return soon.

A young woman such as you are should not have to go through so much. Thank God they have someone who can sign as well and you can communicate everything.

Could you give your precious Crayola a loving pat on the head and tell him what a steadfast friend he is.

Kelly, thank you for keeping in touch with Gina. As is your way - it was incredibly thoughtful of you to follow through.

Hugs all around!

Gini

Oggyflute
04-26-2005, 11:46 PM
Still sending best thoughts and wishes Gina. Get better soon mate.:)

krazyaboutkatz
04-26-2005, 11:46 PM
Gina, Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are still being sent your way. I hope that you'll start feeling better soon. {{{HUGS}}}

Kelly, thanks for keeping us updated about Gina. You're such a sweetheart.:)

shais_mom
04-27-2005, 12:00 AM
what a scary thing

Take care Gina and get well soon!

sandragonfly
04-27-2005, 12:27 AM
nurse's behind me..."time to go back inside"... just a minute more!!! :D :rolleyes:

I want to make a big quick thanks for your prayers and good thoguhts. if it weren't for your supportive words, I'd have gave up with so much frustrations here a long time ago.

I'm doing okay, just tolerating high stomach pains and now that they found why, (aneurysm/migraine) they will discharge me after they find a neuorologist and ultrasound for my neck. hopefully tomorrow!!

hugging you all! *wheelcharing back in...*

NoahsMommy
04-27-2005, 03:04 AM
Gina,

Its so great to see you on here...that means you're able to be a little mobile and move around. GOOD NEWS!! I know how much better I felt when I could at least walk up and down the halls of my floor. :)

Keep on getting better, sweetie.

Hugs,

P.S. Give Crayola a hug for me! What a great companion!!

When I was in last time, I had TWO doggie nurses visit me! One was a golden, the other was a pomeranian. It was so nice to have something to distract you for a few minutes. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-27-2005, 05:00 AM
Oh Gina, I am so happy they finally found a remedy for your pains! Migraines are no laughing matter, I know, as I have them so often too!
Take care, and hurry back home to your furkids ;) :)

Killearn Kitties
04-27-2005, 06:29 AM
Thanks so much for the update, Kelly. I'm very glad that the tests are starting to provide from answers for Gina. I'm still sending those positive vibes!

sirrahbed
04-27-2005, 06:44 AM
Hi Gina!

It is soooo good to know that you are feeling a bit better, able to get out of bed and to the computer and that they *finally* know why you have been so miserable. Please keep getting better and better!! (((((HUGS))))

PT Hug http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/smilies/grouphug.gif

Kelly, you are a sweetheart for checking on Gina and keeping folks updated!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-27-2005, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
Kelly, you are a sweetheart for checking on Gina and keeping folks updated!!

Debbie is so right!! Thank you so much Kelly, that is such a sweet thing you did! ((((( hugs)))))

catmandu
04-27-2005, 08:38 AM
Ptrayers,are coming,from all,the Found Cats,Strays and Angels,for Gina,to be home soon,with her Furry Friends! Thank God,that she has someone,to help,her while she ,is away.

smokey the elder
04-27-2005, 09:42 AM
Gina, I'm so glad they figured out what the trouble was. I don't know about aneurysms other than they can cause wicked headaches. I DO understand hypothyroidism, though. Make sure you take your meds, and you'll feel 100% better/

{{{Hugs}}} to you and Crayola, and God bless that nurse who can "speak" your language.

ramanth
04-27-2005, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the update Kelly.

We're thinking of you Gina. :) *hugs*

sandragonfly
04-27-2005, 03:32 PM
*edit, this is not publicity anymore..

cookieluver7
04-27-2005, 04:02 PM
Gina~

I have been praying for you very often and I am sorry to hear you are still in the hospital and feeling bad. I wish there was something I could do other than send you good thoughts, hugs, and prayers. I need you to do something for me though, and it's very important and must be done quickly, GET WELL SOON!!! (((((HUGS)))))

~Abby

joycenalex
04-27-2005, 05:48 PM
dear gina, i hope you're feeling better soon. i am sending more ((HUGS)) and prayers. joyce

NoahsMommy
04-27-2005, 11:15 PM
A Gina Update:

I've been emailing back and forth with Gina this evening. They have her scheduled for an endoscopy for tomorrow to see what's causing the pain in her stomach. She's on pain meds and is getting her rest now.

Please pray they're able to find out what's causing all this so they can fix and send her home.

Thanks guys, your kind words are really helping her spirits, I can tell.

Hugs and love,

slick
04-27-2005, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the uppydate Kelly. My prayers continue for Gina.

Corinna
04-28-2005, 12:03 AM
Prayers and hugs to Gina . Sheesh I wish they would stop messing around and get that girl well. I know at least she has an interperter now! Glad her freind is staying and helping with the other fur kids, not worring about that will help her heal a bit faster.

Albea
04-28-2005, 11:56 AM
Gina, it has taken me a long time to get to this thread, but be sure that I'm sending you best wishes for your recovery. I hope they can figure out what causes your pain and you'll be home soon.
Thanks for all the updates, Kelly.

NoahsMommy
04-28-2005, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the continued prayers for Gina. I just sent her an email with the latest. I have a feeling she's having tests done this morning...they usually do that in the morning time.

Hugs, Kelly :)

Accord
04-28-2005, 01:23 PM
What happened?? When did this happened? Im trying to get her by email... but no luck. I have her screen name.. shes on here and there, but not always. She hasn't given me her orginal sidekick email yet. Im trying.

RICHARD
04-28-2005, 02:27 PM
Sending some good vibes her way....Get Better!!

RobiLee
04-28-2005, 02:46 PM
Hello Gina!!! I hope you are feeling a bit better today. Wishing you all the best.

Robin :)

cookieluver7
04-28-2005, 04:36 PM
I'm still praying for Gina and I will continue to pray for her untill she gets well. Please let her know that I am thinking about her and that I am sending her more and more (((HUGS))).

Abby

NoahsMommy
04-28-2005, 06:31 PM
Just got an email from her...she's real scared right now regarding tests and stuff. Please continue to hold her in your prayers...

Thank you,
Kelly

chocolatepuppy
04-28-2005, 06:59 PM
I'll never run out of prayers for you Gina. :)

Soapets
04-28-2005, 07:09 PM
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers from here in Nebraska, also. Please keep us posted on how you are doing, and how the test results come out........

NoahsMommy
04-28-2005, 07:51 PM
Hey guys...I'm not going to share all that's going on with Gina right now, just know that she really, really needs some prayers right now.

Don't be too alarmed, its nothing life-threatening, at least, I don't think.

Prayers for healing, prayers for peace in her heart...its very scary being there, even though she's in a VERY good hospital. You and I would have a hard enough time being able to communicate at will, Gina requires an intrepter that isn't always there for her.

Crayola also went home for the night as it was getting too cold for him. So Gina doesn't have that additional comfort.

Thank you! :)

Jadapit
04-28-2005, 07:52 PM
Bless her heart! My thoughts and prayers will be with her as long as she needs them. I feel so bad for her.:(

joycenalex
04-28-2005, 09:32 PM
dearest gina, i am thinking of you, ((hugs))

krazyaboutkatz
04-28-2005, 10:45 PM
Gina, Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are still being sent your way. {{{HUGS}}}

Kelly, thanks for keeping us updated about Gina. I sure hope it's nothing serious.

Oggyflute
04-29-2005, 01:32 AM
Best thoughts and wishes to you Gina, always. Hang in there and get better soon mate.

NoahsMommy
04-29-2005, 01:21 PM
UPDATE:

Gina gets to go home today! I'm sure just being there will make her feel a lot better. :)

sandragonfly
04-29-2005, 02:30 PM
as I'm typing this, I'm wheeling out with a nurse into lobby, waiting for my friend's car...to home!!

I'm somewhat glad, too, this has something to do with insurance because I needed to GO home. and to be OUT of this gown...it has been too long, almost 13 days...

- good bye for now, xo

(edit - some parts are not a publicity anymore..)

NoahsMommy
04-29-2005, 02:53 PM
Gina,

I'm so glad you're on your way to getting home. It'll be so nice to get home in your own bed, clothes and SHOWER!! ;)

Gentle hugs,

jazzcat
04-29-2005, 03:21 PM
I'm so glad to hear you are going home Gina!!!!

Daisy and Delilah
04-29-2005, 03:27 PM
Our prayers and thoughts are with you dear Gina. You sound like such a brave lady and we wish you all the best. You deserve to have good health come your way very soon sweetheart. Hugs to you.:)

Much love, Terry, Daisy, and Delilah:)

robinh
04-29-2005, 03:41 PM
Yeah! You're going home...to your furbabies!

Take good care of yourself!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-29-2005, 03:43 PM
in despite of going home with a slight aneurysm, mild mirgaine, anemia, bladder infection, minor kidney paraes, appenditicus, and low electrolites (because of vomittings) :eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh my! I'm sure glad you're well enough to go home. Hopefully the meds will do their thing and you'll be back to normal soon. Gosh, what an ordeal!

I'm sure all your critters will be extremely thrilled to have you home again too. Let them crawl all over you and offer their healing purrs. :)

slick
04-29-2005, 04:06 PM
Glad to hear you are going home Gina. Prayers for a speedy recovery and make sure you get some serious purr therapy!

wolflady
04-29-2005, 05:27 PM
Gosh! Sorry I'm late to this thread, but I wanted to thank Kelly for directing me here. Prayers are on the way for a quick recovery for you Gina. I'm glad you're going home, because it's always comforting to be in your own place, you know? It sounds like you've been through so much, Gina...but, I'm glad you're coming out of it with a positive attitude. :)

**hugs**

Luvin Labs
04-29-2005, 07:03 PM
Good good thoughts heading your way!

Hospitals and hospital stays suck :(

((hugs))

Corinna
04-29-2005, 08:47 PM
WWAAAHHOOOOO Gina glad I get to see this be fore I don't have the net handy. Take care.

joycenalex
05-01-2005, 12:19 PM
hey gina! how are you doing?