PDA

View Full Version : I Need H.e.l.p

Jods
04-26-2005, 09:40 AM
okay so as most of you know I recently found out I was pregnant and so we have to move to a bigger place 2 bedroom apartment for the baby. SO my animals what do I do??????? The animals I own are Merceded, Pixie, Ferris and my rats the others are mainly family animals so they can stay here. My problem is Mercedes she has lived here her whole life and her and Gomer just love each other and I'd hate to take her away, I also can't just leave her here my heart won't let me shes my girl. I know she'd be fine here, but she'd be without me and my DB (dear boyfriend) am I being selfish in wanting to take her away from this home?? and bringing her to a small place... I dunno what to do I can't just leave her here shes IS my baby!!, But I don't want her to be unhappy either! and shes really attached to my dad as well as me and my DB so we'd be taking her away from him to and he is really good to her and is ALWAYS taking her out in the car and out for runs am I being selfish for wanting to take her? We had talked about it before and we decided to keep her here and she could come to the apartment whenever, but she'd still have Gomer and her other furry friends here, but last night I got to thinking and realized when it came down to it I just can't do it!!! WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK IS BEST??????

Logan
04-26-2005, 09:42 AM
Are you moving far, Jods? Why not let Mercedes experience the best of both worlds, sharing time with all of you, if it is possible. Seems like the best answer to me.

Good luck!

finn's mom
04-26-2005, 09:47 AM
How old is Mercedes?

Jods
04-26-2005, 09:56 AM

finn's mom
04-26-2005, 10:00 AM
I think she would do fine! Four is still really young, and, animals are pretty adaptable. Every pet I've ever had has had to move. Cats and dogs alike. I think if you keep in mind that it can be stressful, and, you do your best to make the transition comfortable, I don't see how it would be a mistake to take her with you. Either way you do it, something is going to be disturbed in her life. Just make it as easy a transition as possible. Like maybe leave her where she is until you get everything moved, and, then can just take her over to a new, set up home. Give each pet a lot of loving individual attention, and, don't leave them alone as soon as you bring them home. I just don't think that a four year old would be that big of a problem. Good luck in what you choose to do.

Jods
04-26-2005, 07:31 PM
BUMP

Vette
04-26-2005, 10:11 PM
I adpoted Kirby when he was 2 an half years old. he adjusted pretty fast to 3 complete strangers. plus new yard and house. then my brother moved back in and he had to adjust to 4 strangers.

i agree,, i think she would do fine if you were to take her with you. :D

i dont think its selfish at all. a lot of people just 'dump' their pets off on the parents to go to college or whatever. i think its great that you want to take her with you,, and also concidering the dogs feelings on the issue. :)