PDA

View Full Version : Thank you all, Pettalkers...

Christiansmommy
04-26-2005, 08:55 AM
I posted this in Dog General too, but know that some of you that posted in Dale's memorial thread, were also from the cat and pet sides, and so I wanted to post this here for all to see...

I just got done re-reading Dale's memorial thread...and all of your kind replies. I wanted to thank each one of you for helping me through this tough time. I am also very lucky to have kept in touch with Dale's breeder,and she has been amazing through all of this...such a kind and supportive lady. Pet people are the best!! I will actually be going to a Swissie dog show in May, and will be seeing Dale's mom, full brother and 2 half siblings of his...so it will be nice to see them...it will help me to feel "connected" with him...even though he won't be there with us, and he was at the last Swissie show last year.

Anyway, we are getting by here. I have my sad days. I also have days when I think of him with fondness, and it makes me smile. It is weird to go to the petstore and only buy cat food, though. I know that we will get another dog in the future, the house is just too empty. I am not trying to replace Dale, but I just miss having my big boy here, he had such a presence here, and our home is certainly missing the space he filled.

I know that Dale's death was completely out of our control and that God does things sometimes that we will never understand, and I don't want to question Him. Someday I will know why and someday I will see him again...anyway, thanks again to all of you pettalkers...you are so supportive and kind...more than words can explain!

Love to you all~
Robyn

anna_66
04-26-2005, 09:03 AM
Robyn,

I'm glad to hear that your going to be seeing some of Dale's family. I can understand how that would make you feel more connected to him.
Reading your post still makes me tear up because I can say I know pretty much how you feel inside and my thoughts and prayers stay with you and your family.
I do love your little siggy...it suit him to a T:)

{{{HUGS}}}
Anna

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-26-2005, 10:08 AM
Robyn, I'm so sorry. :( I haven't been able to make it to the dog side at all lately and completely missed the terrible news about Dale. I didn't know him at all, but I've always loved the breed, and I know exactly what you're going through right now.

I know you will really enjoy seeing some of Dale's family, and maybe he will guide you to a new little guy/girl that needs a home.

I'm so sorry. :(

kimlovescats
04-26-2005, 11:36 AM
I had NO IDEA about Dale. I am so very sorry!!!:(

((HUGS))

Kim