PDA

View Full Version : Bettas at work??

Cookiebaker
04-26-2005, 06:09 AM
Does anybody have a betta at work?? I have been thinking of getting a deskmate, but am trying to think through issues that could come up. We do keep the temp. steady throughout the night there; but what about water changes, and feeding on the weekends?

Does anybody have any input or suggestions??

lv4dogs
04-26-2005, 09:05 AM
I posted this a while ago & everyone says that they should do alright if left unfed over a weekend. You can even feed them a little extra food the last 2 days before the weekend.

Water changes, well I guess that shouldn't be too hard to do, as long as you have fresh water available, water conditioner & the boss lets you have 5-10 minutes a couple times a week to change the water.

The ONLY reason I do not have a Betta for my desk at work yet is because we just got done remodeling and the fact that the water is well water & I wouldn't trust it for a fish tank.
I've been thinking about buying a few gallons of water every few months to keep here just for that purpose.

I'm sure it won't be long before I have a new friend here at work.

LuvGold00
04-27-2005, 04:33 PM
Hey Anna!

I think you need a Betta on your desk!!! And what a great reason to go rescue another one!! I was at that local fish store tonight (where you got your other boy) and there was a BEAUTIFUL red butterfly betta there! If I didn't have 7 already I would have gotten him! GO GET HIM! ;)

They are fine not fed over the weekend, and as long as you do weekly water changes (depending on the size of your tank) he should LOVE it!
Just make sure you get some Start Right, because our town water has LOTS of clorine!

K9soul
04-27-2005, 07:37 PM
I wasn't sure how to vote, I work from home so they are both at home and at work with me :D. I watch them a lot while I work :)

As Kara said, he'd be fine over weekends and should do well with weekly water changes as long as he has at least a 1-gallon home. :)

anna_66
04-27-2005, 10:20 PM
I work at Red Lobster, don't think I'd want to bring my fish to work with me:eek: ;)

NoahsMommy
04-27-2005, 11:28 PM
I have a work betta!! His name is Rupert and he lives in the office in his 2.5 gallon tank. I'm going to get two Dwarf African Frogs next week to keep him company when I can't.

:)

tikeyas_mom
04-29-2005, 02:16 AM
i voted yes.. but that isnt really the case..

i work at a petstore so i have like 30-100 bettas, male and female around me all the time.. lol