PDA

View Full Version : we went to our first conformation class!

lute
04-25-2005, 10:57 PM
Gracie was great! everyone complimented on how good she did. even the instructor said she did wonderful for it being her first lesson.:D

i did the terrible thing of teaching her how to sit.:rolleyes: now i have to un-teach her because the way i taught her interfered with the "stand-stay" command.

anyway, just had to share my excitment.

oh yeah, i'm going to an outdoor show here in TN this weekend and i'm taking Gracie. we want to get her use to being around shows.

Giselle
04-26-2005, 12:29 AM
:p Hahahahahaha! I don't really know what the stand-stay command for you is, but it's generally the same movement as Sit huh? Maybe you could wean her off of Sit by only commanding a Sit verbally and use the hand motion as her free stack command. Or you could come up with something totally new. LOL, I can only imagine what you're going through!

No pics? I'm so excited for you! Good luck for all of Gracie's future shows/wins!

Edited to add: Some dogs are amazingly bright and catch on that the nylon buckle collar means Sit and the show lead means stack. Maybe Gracie will differentiate that in time.

lute
04-26-2005, 11:56 AM
thanks.

no pics this time, sorry.:( i will take some soon though.