PDA

View Full Version : Graveyard Shift

dukedogsmom
04-25-2005, 10:53 PM
I am working all night for the first time in well over 10 years. When our shift bid came up, I just decided I wanted a change of pace and here I am. I'm really a night person anyway. On my days off, I would stay up really late until about 2 am(late for me, anyway) So, I don't want to jinx myself but I'm bored. Hardly anyone is on AIM(guess they're sleeping) I'm just wondering how I'm going to feel at about 3am. I'm sure my story will be different by then. I'm quite awake right now. Pointless entry but oh well.

jazzcat
04-25-2005, 10:56 PM
I'm a night owl usually but don't know how I would like working graveyard shift. Hope it doesn't get too long and boring for you.

How's Doogie doing???

dukedogsmom
04-25-2005, 10:58 PM
He's doing great. I'm trying to teach him to be a lap cat by feeding him his favorite treats in my recliner. He purrs like crazy and stays there just long enough to get the treats, then he leaves. I really want a lap cat!

jazzcat
04-25-2005, 11:09 PM
Aww. Give him some time, mabye some day when you're curled up watching tv he'll just climb on up. I never thought Scout would be a lap kitty and now she's my biggest one.

Fox-Gal
04-25-2005, 11:11 PM
I use to work the late night shift, years ago, hated it and love it at the same time. But when it got boring.......It really got boring.

I'm usually up late at night.....I seem to get more done at night, for some reason. To bad you didn't have MSN, I'd chat with you and try to keep you entertained the best I could. :D I could tell you horror stories about Tuffys bath time ;) ;) and Odie's attack of nothing!! :confused: I think Odie is losing it. Or the adventures of the cow in the road that wouldn't move. lol

PJ's Mom
04-25-2005, 11:13 PM
I used to work graveyard too and it took forever to get my clock back into sync when it was time to start sleeping during the night again. :rolleyes:

Good luck. :)

dukedogsmom
04-25-2005, 11:14 PM
Pm me with your name on it because I have it here

chocolatepuppy
04-26-2005, 04:50 AM
Val, I worked the night shift for years. I loved it while I was on it but now am glad to be on days. Don't know if I could handle it now that I'm older! ;) Hope it works out well for you!

anna_66
04-26-2005, 08:46 AM
Good luck with working the graveyard shift Val. I really don't think I could handle it. I guess you could say Mark's working it right now, he's working from 5pm to 6am:eek: I know I couldn't handle that AT ALL:o

caseysmom
04-26-2005, 09:37 AM
I worked graveyard for a year...I really loved swingshift the best...just make sure you get enough rest and you'll be fine.