PDA

View Full Version : Heeeeere's Lydia!!!!

iloverat
04-25-2005, 10:35 PM
Hi, guys!!! Finally got my computer fixed and can share my surprise with you!!!!! While my computer was down, we adopted a new kitty! A woman here in town fosters cats and dogs. She trapped Lydia, our newest baby, around a warehouse in Feb. It would seem that Lydia had a family at some time, tho because she is verrrry friendly with people. Not so much with Briggs, but that's another tale. Without further ado, here are some of the pictures taken the first night she came to us. She made herself right at home as you will see!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid164/p64f23ea753da022aae5f23fc8b05cf71/f48342f2.jpg

ashleycat
04-25-2005, 10:38 PM
ccuuttee

iloverat
04-25-2005, 10:39 PM
Taking it easy while her new hoomans go crazy with the flashy box. Does she look relaxed or what??? Don't know if you can see her eyes very well. They are a beautiful shade of green. *swoon*

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid164/pb7a44e4f537df211dfcefdb77a15320d/f4834252.jpg

sirrahbed
04-25-2005, 10:40 PM
Yeah Bobbi!! Lydia is soooo pretty!!! How long have you had her? How goes it with Miss Briggs? ONE picture is NOT acceptable you know!;)

We need to hear more, more, more!! Oh and did I mention pictures?

Really, Lydia looks like a sweetheart and time will work things out. Two adults will take some time to adjust. Ahh!! What a pretty tuxie-girl:D

I am back - seems you were posting while *I* was griping about pictures:o :rolleyes: YES, she has celery colored eyes!! Lovely!!

iloverat
04-25-2005, 10:43 PM
She has white sox on all of her paws but one paw has each toe outlined in black against the white. :) It makes me think of an elephant's foot! Too cute!!!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid164/p62430c32ca40be86d11cafc823bf1d1f/f48341fa.jpg

iloverat
04-25-2005, 10:50 PM
To illustrate how laid back she is with us peoples, we bathed her the first night she was with us and she didn't seem too perturbed. She HAD to be bathed as she smelled terrible. Poor baby. She was also very gassy for the first week but her new food seems to agree with her AOK and her tummy has now settled down. She is a chow hound, tho. I'm sure that comes from being on the street. Any suggestions on low-cal treats for her? I've got lots of questions for you guys but will put them in another thread. Anyway, here's a dripping wet Lydia, wondering what she got herself into with this new family.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid164/pd05a22e1ca09aa3a1a03bfa3c7dc1a10/f48343d4.jpg

dukedogsmom
04-25-2005, 11:01 PM
She is gorgeous! Glad she's adapting so well.

iloverat
04-25-2005, 11:03 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sirrahbed
[B]Yeah Bobbi!! Lydia is soooo pretty!!! How long have you had her? How goes it with Miss Briggs? ONE picture is NOT acceptable you know!;)

She has been with us for two weeks and two days. :D Things on the Briggs front are not all that great. Briggs is a shy, quiet cat and small, only weighing 6 lbs. Lydia is loud, an avid talker, a bit aggressive and weighs about 10 lbs. Briggs growls and hisses at Lydia whenever Lydia gets too close for Briggsy's comfort. Sometimes Lydia will ignore the growling and just move on in to Briggs's territory. Briggs then goes berserk-o and starts howling and losing hair. I've watched this several times and I do not see Lydia swatting Briggs but hair just starts flying off the Briggster. Am I MISSING something????? Anyway, Briggs has now decided that it is better to stay in a separate room rather than share breathing space with the intruder. Also, Briggs will no longer allow us to brush her as we routinely did every night. She growls and hisses at us, I guess because she is just too stressed to put up with the brushing nonsense. Lydia stays in a different bedroom at night and Briggs does still come to sleep with me. I'm wondering when and if they will ever tolerate each other. I started off hoping they would be friends but now would be happy if they could be in the same room without fireworks!!! I know it's early so I am not truly despairing. Any ideas or encouraging words?????

jazzcat
04-25-2005, 11:07 PM
She's gorgeous and I love that paw with the black outlined toes - too cute!

elminster20
04-25-2005, 11:19 PM
wow, she's a cutie!!! You're very lucky she chose you!!:)

RedHedd
04-25-2005, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by iloverat
I'm wondering when and if they will ever tolerate each other. I started off hoping they would be friends but now would be happy if they could be in the same room without fireworks!!! I know it's early so I am not truly despairing. Any ideas or encouraging words????? She's BEAUTIFUL! I love her white-tipped paws and her one special paw! :D

Take it slow introducing her to her "sibling" Keep them separate for a while and slowly get them used to each other's scents. My two are finally somewhat cuddly; it *only* took about two years so be patient!

jenluckenbach
04-26-2005, 05:18 AM
CONGRATULATIONS !!!!! (and welcome back)

Lydia is gorgeous, and looks so very sweet.

catcrazylady
04-26-2005, 08:29 AM
Bobbi she is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I can see why she stole your heart!
Patience, patience, and more patience is all I can suggest. Make sure you give Briggs as much attention as possible so that she knows she is still tops in your book. Sometimes this takes what feels like forever! Sammy had been our only cat for several years when Leroy came along. He hid for weeks, wouldn't have anything to do with us and absolutley hated Leroy! After three months of running from a room everytime Leroy walked in he decided to stand his ground. They worked out the pecking order and Sammy has been confident in his Alpha role ever since.
I wouldn't give Lydia lots of attention in front of Briggs just yet. Whenever that gorgeous Briggs is around I would make a fuss over her and let her know that she is still loved. The rest, unfortunately, has to be worked out by them.
They will eventually come to some type of terms. They could turn out to be snuggle buddies or they could end up just tolerating each other. You can't predict the future with these little buggars!!;) :D

We always teased you about Briggs matching your furniture and curtains so now you are going to have to do a room in black and white!;)
Good luck and keep us posted on how things are going. You have two very gorgeous girls!

I'm so glad to see you back!

Laura's Babies
04-26-2005, 08:31 AM
What a BEAUTY!! She is simply stunning! WOW!!

Yes, intro's have to be done slow and it will take time. Samantha will be here a year in July and they are just now tolerating one another. If the attacking gets to bad, give her "time outs" in a room alone (with door shut) but you have to be consistant and scolding her. It only took Samantha 3 days to catch on to that and it settled things down a lot. For some reason, she started attacking again but this time it only took 2 time outs for her to stop.

Cats are a lot smarter than people think and they learn fast!

catmandu
04-26-2005, 08:32 AM
What a Sweet Little Tuxedo,you are Lydia,Lydia,that Cat,of the wonderful Tuxedo Front,who is well dressed,and ready,for any occasion.All The Found Cats,salute You,especially,my newest adoptee,Scrapette.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture040.jpg

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-26-2005, 09:32 AM
What a cutie she is! Congratulations!

Isn't it funny how sometimes they bother each other and sometimes they totally ignore each other? :rolleyes: :D Your experience sounds like Peanut and CJ all over again - and it hasn't stopped even though it's been almost 4 months now that Jack has been home. The hissing will calm down, Peanut only hisses now and then these days, but I believe Peanut has learned that Jack doesn't really mean to harm her and is only playing, and Jack has learned when Peanut really means business.

So, patience patience patience. At the very least they will learn to tolerate each other and basically ignore each other, and at best they will end up being best of friends - hoping for best case scenerio. ;) :D

kimlovescats
04-26-2005, 10:04 AM
*Hi Bobbi!* *Hi Lydia, nice to meet you!* Oh, she is GORGEOUS, Bobbi!!!:D LOVE that pawsie .... how absolutely adorable and very unique. You are right, she has beautiful eyes too, she is just all around beautiful!

Now... Miss Briggs .. honey, you are going to have to get over it! ;) Naaaaaa, she will settle down eventually, just take it slow ... let her set the pace, and life will be tolerable again!;)

Keep those pictures coming!

Hugs,
Kim:)

furrykidsmother
04-26-2005, 10:16 AM
What a very lucky little girl and so beautiful!! Love that paw!! Best of luck with the introductions. I am sure it will just take a little time and patience and they will soon become friends. It is terrific the way that she has settled in so quickly.

Felicia's Mom
04-26-2005, 02:50 PM
She is beautiful; I love tuxedos!

iloverat
04-26-2005, 05:08 PM
Thank you each and every one for your compliments and helpful suggestions.

Debbie, I have thought of CJ and Peanut many a time when looking at my two. I remember seeing a video you made of sweet little Peanut growling like a tiger at CJ. That is Briggs and Lydia all over. I really think Lydia would now like to be friends with Briggs but the B-cat will have no part of it, yet. Briggs has found a nice hiding spot in the laundry room that Lydia has not yet found. :p That gives Briggs a comfortable spot for most of the day and they are separated at night, so she can relax completely then.

Gary, the first toy Lydia took to was your crocheted mouse. She loves it so you have made yet another kitty very happy. From glancing at the posts put up while I was gone, it looks like you have some new friends at the hotel. I have a lot of catching up to do. :D

Kim, same goes for you! Looks like you have a number of new additions, both big and little. :) Can't wait to check out their stories and see the pictures!

Lisa, please kiss the Brats for me, at least the ones that are kissable. I got a bad bite from Lydia last week and it made me think of your first encounters with darling Magoo. I'm certain "we" will all settle down here, in time.

I missed everyone and am glad to be back online. Thanks again for your kind words.

Hugs to all - Bobbi