PDA

View Full Version : I found my own Winn Dixie. ;) As well as some kitty news.

Fox-Gal
04-25-2005, 06:43 PM
I posted here sense it is both cat and dog news and really didn't feel like doing two posts.

I went to Winn Dixie today and there running around the parking lot was this little girl.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/Trouble-friends/Brandystraydog2.jpg

I of course I had to catch her, luckily she did have some tags on her, a id tag with the name Brandy. The phone # on her tag was a Miami # but her Rabie tag was from my Vet here in town. So I loaded her up and off we went to Dr. A. Turns out her shots were from 03 so they didn't have any info on her. Long story short after calls to Miami and couple here in town, we find her owner.

I waited for the owner to show up sense Dr. A.'s office would not hold her because her shot records where not up to date. Waited, Waited, he finally shows up. After talking to him, I now wish I hadn't gone to the trouble to find him. He tells me how she gets out of his truck all the time and last week she was lost at Winn Dixie also. He tells me how when he lived in Miami, she use to get out of the truck and cross US1, in rush hour traffic all the time. I try very nicely to tell maybe you should leave her at home when you go shopping and not risk this happening again. That she is better at home, mad for not going, then dead hit by a car. I think it when in one ear and out the other. I left there thinking, did I really save this dog.

Brandy: I pray you will be alright.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/Trouble-friends/Brandystraydog.jpg

Now the kitty news:
As I was waiting at the Vet's for Brandy's owner, I told them about the Kittens that where dumped off in front of my place. I told them the whole story how, I was bottle feeding them, but once they got old enough I would have to take them to the shelter, as I just could not keep them. Well it turns out that they had a kitten in back that they are bottle feeding also, from a mommy cat that got attacked by a dog. They told me if I wanted, I could bring the kittens up to them and they whould take care of them and do their best to find them a good home, when the time came. :D :D So as of now the kittens are at Dr. A."s, I'm sad to see them gone, but happy knowing that their chances are better there.

dukedogsmom
04-25-2005, 06:58 PM
I feel so bad for Brandy. That idiot doesn't deserve to have her. I would be sorry I had located the owner, too. Glad to hear about the kittens, though.

Fox-Gal
04-25-2005, 07:03 PM
I forgot to say, that if I ever see her running in the parking lot or anywhere again............I'M KEEPING HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D

She would be better off, I feel.

Vette
04-25-2005, 08:09 PM
Surpised he even showed up to get her with a scatter brain owner like that. :(

poor dog.

moosmom
04-25-2005, 10:01 PM
Glad to hear the kittens have a great chance at life! I hope you DO find that precious dog and take her in. She SO deserves a wonderful mama like you!!

flamepony12
04-25-2005, 10:08 PM
Hope she shows up again for you.. ;);)

Fox-Gal
04-25-2005, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
Glad to hear the kittens have a great chance at life! I hope you DO find that precious dog and take her in. She SO deserves a wonderful mama like you!!

I'm hoping he does better with her, I could tell he loved her and she was very well keep. If it wasn't for that getting out of the truck thing. :eek:

Even right before the man showed up, his daughter called the vets office and told them how this had not been the first time he lost her. At that point even the girl there said to me. " if you happen to walk off with Brandy, I wouldn't say a word." I really really thought about it, but within a min the man showed up.

Guess I took to much time thinking. :( Next time no thinking, just doing.