PDA

View Full Version : digital cameras

lv4dogs
04-25-2005, 11:33 AM
I'm looking to get a new digital camera. There are so many to choose from though.

I want something that takes decent pics, is easy to use and about $175.00 or less.

Can anyone reccomend any good ones?

katienoonan
04-25-2005, 01:20 PM
Well, the thing about digital cameras is you have to usually buy a memory card for them and sometimes other things. The best thing I would say to do is go to a store in your area and ask what else you have to buy along with the camera. I got a kodak easy share and it wasn't too expensive and it takes pretty good pics. Hope that helps.

luvofallhorses
04-25-2005, 01:22 PM
A Canon :)

shutterbug0303
04-25-2005, 03:41 PM
I have a Sony Cybershot that I like...it takes good quality photos and has a movie setting :D The only thing I don't like is the lag time of the shutter speed...but most all of the cameras in that price range are like that. Go to a local store and play with some...see which one you like that best :D Good luck!

MaryJae
04-25-2005, 06:19 PM
I have a Canon PowerShot A85 which is great! The Canon PowerShot A510 just came out and you can get it for under $200. If you have a Ritz Camera or Wolf Camera(I think it's called Wolf) store near you then you can probaly get one for a little less. You don't really need to get a camera with high megapixels unless you plan to print out huge pictures so I'd say get a camera that has 4.0 megapixels or lower. If you want a good digital camera, you either get a Canon or a Nikon. :) Digital cameras usually already come with a memory card, but I know you probably will be taking lots of pictures, lol. You can find a 128MB memory card for about $20 if you look around. Good luck!

slleipnir
04-25-2005, 07:02 PM
I'd suggest a Canon as well :)

lv4dogs
04-26-2005, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the suggestions folks.
I forgot to add that I need to take quite a few pics of ferrets, they move really fast so I need a camera that takes pics right away. Mine is so slow, it takes the pic a few seconds after you press the button.

Randi
04-26-2005, 11:47 AM
It really depends on what you're planning to use it for. I'd suggest you take a look at this site, there are reviews of almost all of them.

http://www.dpreview.com/

I have an Olympus C5060, I'm only just learning all the features. Get one with the features you need! :)

lv4dogs
04-26-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Randi
It really depends on what you're planning to use it for. I'd suggest you take a look at this site, there are reviews of almost all of them.

http://www.dpreview.com/

I have an Olympus C5060, I'm only just learning all the features. Get one with the features you need! :)

Thanks for the site, I'll look around when I get a minute.

I just want a regular camera to take pics of my family, pets & vacations. Nothing fancy but nothing crappy either. Just a regular camera. lol