PDA

View Full Version : Count down to San Francisco...

ramanth
04-25-2005, 11:08 AM
Saturday I leave on a jet plane for San Francisco.

I'll be meeting up with wolflady and RedHedd (actually they are picking me up from the airport. ;) ) and they are going to show me around town.

Supposedly there is an Internet Cafe at the hotel I'm at but I'm not sure what the cost is. There will be free internet access at the conference, so I'll try to check in if I can. :)

I've only been to CA once before in my life, and this is my first solo vacation of sorts, so I'm pretty excited/nervous. :D

5 days!!!

robinh
04-25-2005, 11:44 AM
Have a wonderful time!!

sirrahbed
04-25-2005, 11:48 AM
How exciting Kim!!! I hope you have a great times and enjoy meeting some PT friends and touring San Fransisco:) I always think of the hilly streets:D You will take pictures right??

<singing to herself>
I'm leaving on a jetplane - don't know when I'll be back again...

:o Is anyone singing along or have I toatlly dated myself???:D

Killearn Kitties
04-25-2005, 11:48 AM
Enjoy!! I loved San Francisco when I was there. Pity you have to work as well! :D

Ginger's Mom
04-25-2005, 11:52 AM
Sounds exciting. I am sure you will have a great time. Conference, who has time for a conference? ;)

lizbud
04-25-2005, 12:58 PM
Wow, Kim. I'm excited for you.:D I'm sure you'll have a great
time there. Pictures would be wonderful.:)

ramanth
04-25-2005, 01:28 PM
I will definitely take pictures. :)

Originally posted by sirrahbed
I am! *laughs* I was singing it as I typed it out. ;)

caseysmom
04-25-2005, 01:45 PM
How exciting Kim!!! I hope you have a great times and enjoy meeting some PT friends and touring San Fransisco:) I always think of the hilly streets:D You will take pictures right??

<singing to herself>

Have to admit I remember that song...and I can up you one "I left my heart in San Fransisco...."

RedHedd
04-25-2005, 02:08 PM
Kim - I sent you a PM. I will be part of the pick-up duo with Wolflady this Saturday (it is really this Saturday? I thought it was May 7?)

I just got served with a 30-day notice to move and am BUSY packing stuff up. Albeit it's only a temporary move to another apartment in my building while they do earthquake retrofitting, but I'm having to go through about 26 years worth of stuff.

We will take you on a whirlwind tour Saturday, but I'll be tied up with moving stuff the rest of the week. Arrgh!

ramanth
04-25-2005, 02:29 PM
Replied Georgia. :)

No worries. :)

shutterbug0303
04-25-2005, 03:47 PM
Oh, I'm so jealous!!! I would love to go to California!!!! Take a million pictures so I can experience the fun! ;)

Caseysmom:

"Leaving on a jet plane....don't know when I'll be back again....Oh babe, I hate to go......" :D :D I love Neil!

sammy101
04-25-2005, 04:21 PM
i went to San Fran last summer,i had lots of fun!!:D You'll love it!!
have a good trip!!

bluekat
04-25-2005, 04:57 PM
How exciting!:D I'd love to visit San Francisco again someday. Have fun! :D

RobiLee
04-25-2005, 05:38 PM

<singing to herself>

I'm singing it!!! One of my favorites...lol...so I guess I'm dating myself also :D .

Kimmy, I hope you have a wonderful time. It sounds so exciting! I would love to visit there sometime. You even get to meet some PT folks! How wonderful! Have fun and be safe. Make sure you take some pics and let us know all about it.

Robin :)

petslover
04-25-2005, 07:31 PM
Have a great time!

Cincy'sMom
04-25-2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by shutterbug0303

"Leaving on a jet plane....don't know when I'll be back again....Oh babe, I hate to go......" :D :D I love Neil!

Wasn't that John Denver?!?

Have fun Kimmy!! I havenot been to San Fran, but I do know Ghiradhelli's is there!! Chocolate straight from the source!!

shutterbug0303
04-25-2005, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
Wasn't that John Denver?!?

You got me! It is John Denver....my mom has all of those CD's and I get them mixed up :rolleyes: Yeah for Neil anyway! lol ;)

Cincy'sMom
04-25-2005, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by shutterbug0303
You got me! It is John Denver....my mom has all of those CD's and I get them mixed up :rolleyes: Yeah for Neil anyway! lol ;)

Last time I was at my parent's house I stole my mom's Neil CD...and it ihas been in my truck ever since! I'm not sure she is getting it back ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-26-2005, 09:46 AM
Wow Kimmy, the grand tour by Wolflady and Redhedd - how exciting!

Have a safe flight and we all look forward to pics and tails! :D

Logan
04-26-2005, 09:51 AM
Kimmy, this is going to be a fun trip for you, made even better by getting to meet some California Pet Talkers, right away! :) I know you are going to have a terrific time!! Please don't forget to take lots of pictures, including "people" pictures!!!!! :D :D :D

caseysmom
04-26-2005, 10:12 AM
I think "leaving on a jet plane" was originally sung by peter, paul, and mary and written by John Denver.

ramanth
04-27-2005, 10:53 AM
Thanks everyone! I'm so giddy with excitement that I can barely concentrate at work.

And I have a lot to finish before I head off! :eek:

ramanth
04-29-2005, 01:30 PM
I can't believe I'm leaving for San Fran tomorrow morning!

Ack! I can't concentrate on work and I have butterflies because I'm so fired up. I'm actually jittery like I drank a whole pot of coffee by myself. LOL!

RedHedd, wolflady...be prepared for HUGS when I get there. I'm a hugger. ;) LOL!

:D

Is it 5 p.m. yet!??!!

:eek: :rolleyes: :p :o :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-29-2005, 01:48 PM
Kimmy, can you sleep on planes? Just wondering because I don't think you're going to get any sleep tonight! :D

Oh, and do not forget your camera and fresh batteries!!! :D

Cinder & Smoke
04-29-2005, 03:09 PM
:)

Hey Kimmy ~

Have ***PHUNN***, Kiddo!! :D

{{{HUGS}}} ;)

/s/ Phred

ramanth
04-29-2005, 03:14 PM
Thanks!!

Debbie, if I'm tired enough, I can sleep anywhere.. planes, trains, cars, etc. Since the sun won't be up when my plane leaves (6:30 a.m.!!!! :eek: :eek: ) I'm going to try and sleep the first leg of the trip. :)

My batteries have a full charge and the charger is going with me. :D

Camera is packed securely. I'm all set!

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Kimmy, can you sleep on planes? Just wondering because I don't think you're going to get any sleep tonight! :D

Oh, and do not forget your camera and fresh batteries!!! :D

RedHedd
04-29-2005, 03:56 PM
Karen and I will have our cameras ready too. I hope I'll have time to upload for PT! I have a card almost full of wedding pics from a friends wedding a couple of weeks ago, but I've been too busy to do anything besides pack boxes! UGH!

wolflady
04-29-2005, 04:03 PM
LOL LOL Me too! I'm a touchy feely person...so HUGS are to be expected! ;)
Have a safe trip! I'm looking forward to meeting you :D

**hugs**

Originally posted by ramanth
I can't believe I'm leaving for San Fran tomorrow morning!

Ack! I can't concentrate on work and I have butterflies because I'm so fired up. I'm actually jittery like I drank a whole pot of coffee by myself. LOL!

RedHedd, wolflady...be prepared for HUGS when I get there. I'm a hugger. ;) LOL!

:D

Is it 5 p.m. yet!??!!

:eek: :rolleyes: :p :o :D

RedHedd
04-30-2005, 08:29 PM
Kimmy landed safely in San Francisco this afternoon - after several delays. I gave her a whirlwind ride through the City, Golden Gate Park - the buffalo were out - and then we met Wolflady (Karen) and her hubby at the Cliff House. There were many seals out on Seal Rock and we ate a late lunch overlooking San Francisco's Ocean Beach.

Karen and Aaron took over from there. Their plans were to take Kim to Ghirardelli Square and perhaps Pier 39 for ice cream and more seals.

Kim, if you're online anytime this evening, you should be pooped! I know I would be. I do hope you enjoy your stay in our beautiful City and perhaps we can get together for dinner sometime this week.

I brought my camera but I didn't use it! :eek: I know Wolflady and Ramanth both took lots of pictures.

RobiLee
04-30-2005, 08:40 PM
It sounds like you guys are having a wonderful time and I'll bet Kim is having a fantastic time seeing all the sights. I can't help but be a bit envious :p

I hope we get to see lots of pics.

Robin :)

anna_66
05-01-2005, 09:26 AM
Oh it sounds like your having a great time Kim! I can't wait to hear all about it and see some great pictures!
Have fun!

wolf_Q
05-01-2005, 12:17 PM
Sounds like you are having a fun time!! I hope the plane ride went well, I flew by myself for the first time and it wasn't nearly as scary as I had imagined. :o