PDA

View Full Version : Help with mailing something...

MariaM
04-25-2005, 08:56 AM
I checked on Canada Post but I was unsure of what it was trying to tell me...I'm sure some of you who send out parcels regulary can help.

Can I send out a box thats from a product? Like...it's a Lava Lamp box. It's blue, has a picture of a lava lamp on it and sais "Peace Lamp". On the sides it has written safety hazards. On one side I put a white piece of paper and the addresses.

Would I have to cover it up more or can I send it like it is?

slleipnir
04-25-2005, 09:22 AM
You might be able to...I always wrap my boxes up in brown paper...It also would keep it safer and all that???

Laura's Babies
04-25-2005, 09:59 AM
Is it in a box? It needs to be in a box, packaged up (bubble wrap or styrafoam peanuts) so being thrown around won't break it, and still marked "breakable". That stuff gets tossed around pretty good.....

Lady's Human
04-25-2005, 12:32 PM
Not sure about Canada, but in the US as long as it's not a box that has a hazmat label on it. If it is an alcohol case then the name of the product has to be blacked out. A lava lamp box should be fine.

sirrahbed
04-25-2005, 12:45 PM
I do this with my packages if the box is sturdy - I do as you said and tape a piece of paper on one side with the address, etc. Make sure the box is taped securely. I mail routinely to Japan and there has never been any problem.

If you are unsure - you can alway use cut up paper bags - but I do not bother if I have a good box - nobody has ever cautioned me about what the box says:)

Catalogs also mail things out like this - all the package information and pictures etc - with nothing but an addressed package slip taped on - so you should be fine with the way you have done it:D

I am not familiar with Canada though.:rolleyes:

MariaM
04-25-2005, 05:39 PM
No worries, it went through fine! Thanks everyone.