PDA

View Full Version : Balancing Trick

shutterbug0303
04-24-2005, 08:04 PM
I would love to teach Sahara and Skye to balance treats on their nose...but I can't seem to figure it out!

I've been working on this with Sahara for about a month and I've yet to get it accomplished!! She is usually really quick, but maybe I'm just not doing it right???!?!

How do you suggest teaching a dog to balance a treat on their nose? I feel like Sahara is so treat motivated that she can hardly wait to get it in her mouth....Is there a pattern of commands she should be able to follow before this one is accomplished?

Tollers-n-Dobes
04-24-2005, 10:10 PM
All I did with Tango was repeat stay a few times and push her nsoe down whenever she tried to get it off. lol I don't know if that works for all dogs but it worked for her. Hopefully someone else has better advice. Good luck!

jesse_3
05-03-2005, 09:49 PM
I am guessing on this, but what Rachel (rizzy) did for Sally is forst teaching her whoa, meaning don't move! Then if Sally does move, they place her in the exact same position. Then after she had learned that, Rachel started to place treats on her nose and when Rachel says,"GET IT!" Sally grabs it! You can PM Rachel to see if I'm right or wrong or if you want any suggestions from her. She loves to help with things like this, lol!- and I should know, we are cousins!