PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else's cat do this?

catnapper
04-24-2005, 06:37 PM
Does anyone else have a photo licking cat? Pouncer can't keep his tongue off photographs. He LOVES to lick them. :eek: I'm sure the chemicals used to make a photograph can't be good for cats, so I try to not leave photos out - but its hard when I'm working on a protrait and have the reference photo on the table with me. I dread the day I have to return a photo all marked up with cat spit :o

Laura's Babies
04-24-2005, 07:38 PM
LOL! I have never seen nor heard of that... Returning a cat licked photo.. I can't wait to hear how you explaine that!!:D

catnapper
04-24-2005, 07:40 PM
LOL.. not yet, but tonight's licking was close! I'll have to do a video of him licking He goes nuts!

Samantha Puppy
My parents' cat, Sherman, LOVES to lick photos. I don't think Sushi, Kirin, Maya or Kimi have had the chance!

christa
LOL . . . that's so funny! I've never had that problem! Is it just Pouncer?

catnapper
04-24-2005, 07:46 PM
Just Pouncer... by the way, I LOVE your new siggy! The black and white is so cool :)

christa
04-24-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
Just Pouncer... by the way, I LOVE your new siggy! The black and white is so cool :)

Thanks! ;) You inspired me!

jenluckenbach
04-24-2005, 08:23 PM
I can't remember :o It's been so long since I have had REAL photos out......LOL. But Lucas likes to lick everything, so he probably would.

dukedogsmom
04-24-2005, 08:48 PM
Well, you could always tell them the dog ate it. Does that excuse still work since almost everything is done on computers? I don't think I've ever heard of a cat doing this.

kuhio98
04-24-2005, 09:38 PM
Kuhio was our photo licker. (She also licked scotch tape).
Kuhio seemed to be selective about what part of the photo she licked. Once we left out a photo of us and a little boy named Ted. Kuhio didn't like Ted. She licked his face completely out of the photo! :eek:

orangemm
04-25-2005, 05:12 AM
Yes! Not my cat, but one of my best friends has a female who does this. She also licks window blinds. Go figure.

wouldn't we love to know WHY?

Sirrahsim
04-25-2005, 05:24 AM
oh yes! I have a picture of hubby and I taped to the corner of our computer screen and Boomer licks it whenever he gets the chance.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

catcrazylady
04-25-2005, 07:12 AM
ROFLOL!!! No photo lickers here! I've got plastic bag lickers, window lickers, and blanket lickers, but never have I seen or heard of a photo licker until now!

I can't wait to hear what excuse you use if he ever gets one that belongs to someone else!:D :D :D

Kuhio that was too funny! Licked Ted right out of the picture!!!!:D :D :D

QueenScoopalot
04-25-2005, 08:24 AM
:eek: :eek: http://www.moggies.co.uk/warning.html#photo :eek: :eek: I knew I'd read somewhere that the chemicals can be hazardous to cats. Here's what one site says...

Cats Licking Photographs

Your cat can suffer severe kidney and liver failure after licking photographs. According to my local Veterinary Surgeon, the chemicals on the paper act much the same way as anti-freeze does to the feline body. So, please keep ALL photographs out of your cat's reach.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why do cats lick photos?
Feline behaviorists believe cats find the odor of plastic irresistible. The cool texture feels good on a kitty's tongue. Also, photo surfaces can contain propylene glycol (as in anti-freeze), which also has a tempting sweet taste. Needless to say, licking is not good for your pictures, much less your cats.