PDA

View Full Version : fishy bed help

sarifish
04-24-2005, 06:20 PM
iv started to make the fish bed i went to the fabric store and got all the stuff except foam because it was really expensive but iv cut out all of the pieces of fabric and everything i am now stummped on how to put it together i feel like a little kid reading an adults book to where you really dont understand it lol

Craftlady
04-24-2005, 06:53 PM
Unfortunately, you need the foam to put the fishy bed together.
You can get foam in rolls at WalMart it's very reasonable in price.
Havent looked at the directions for that one yet, I have for the house bed. Machine stitching all the sections and then putting them together by hand stitching. Too bulky to do with foam/material on the machine.

Laura's Babies
04-24-2005, 07:37 PM
Not a clue about that yet myself. I haven't even got as far as cutting the fabric out yet...

Craftlady.. they have to be sewn by hand? I was hoping to do it on the machine......

doolittleky
04-24-2005, 07:42 PM
sorry I am no help since i don't sew. I do know that it is a very difficult pattern and my mom who has sewn since I was a kid had a hard time with it. She hates making them because with the foam you can't sew it on the machine but you have to do some of it by hand through a couple layers of foam.
Melissa

sarifish
04-24-2005, 08:15 PM
ay ay ayyy what did i get myself into lol