PDA

View Full Version : Zeus got a kong..

flamepony12
04-24-2005, 06:18 PM
because he is the only one out of our 3 dogs who will actually play with it, he got one. ;) Right now, I put some peanut butter in it, and he is busily licking away. However, I was wondering what other things you could put in there, that don't require cooking, etc.? Thanks. ;)

CagneyDog
04-24-2005, 06:25 PM
We put a mix of Cheeze Wiz and dog treats in Cagney's.

I put some non-fat yogurt in one time, Cagney wasn't a big fan of it but you could try it.

flamepony12
04-24-2005, 06:27 PM
I just added a dog treat to the peanut butter fill, and He loves it. I'll have to try the cheez whiz and yogurt sometime too. :)

Buddy Blaze Lover
04-24-2005, 06:34 PM
Oooh, I bet Zeusie loves that!!:D

shutterbug0303
04-24-2005, 07:33 PM
Yummy Zeus! Lucky boy gets a yummy kong! We are only partially interested here...

Just layer lots of yummy stuff inside of it...yogurt, cheese, dog food/treats, peanut butter, etc.

They have a Kong paste to use (I think it's liver flavored) but it is just as easy to use PB...my dogs really love that liver paste though.....

flamepony12
04-24-2005, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by shutterbug0303

They have a Kong paste to use (I think it's liver flavored) but it is just as easy to use PB...my dogs really love that liver paste though.....

I've heard it's really expensive though.. Is that true?

Lexi_Lover
04-24-2005, 07:58 PM
Yes, it is expensize here, but we have several flavours. Beef, chicken, liver and I *believe* cheese as well! Its $11.99 here in Canada for me! :eek:

Have fun Zeus!

buckner
04-24-2005, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by flamepony12
I've heard it's really expensive though.. Is that true? The kind I've seen (I don't know if it's the same stuff shutterbug was referring to) different kinds of pastey treats in a can. It seriously looks like Cheese Whiz but smells so awful. Then again, dog food smells awful. I've seen it in peanut butter flavours, chocolate flavours (I doubt it's made out of chocolate, though), beefs flavours, bacon flavours, etc. What I saw wasn't too expensive. It was about $2-$3 for a can - it was the size of actual Cheese Whiz.

bckrazy
04-24-2005, 09:10 PM
go to kongcompany.com - they have awesum recipes!! I've used them all ;). . I bet Zeus is having tons of fun with his Kong, they can be priceless sometimes!

flamepony12
04-24-2005, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the link, Erica! I bookmarked it. :) I'll have to try some of them!

LuckiLab03
04-24-2005, 09:43 PM
We use peanut butter and the spray too.

The best thing to do is the dog biscuits (probably near the kong toys) that are flat and shaped like a small kong. You just squeeze the sides so the hole is oval then you put the treat in. It makes them nuts because they can see it and smell it but it's really hard to get out. Riley is smart about it though, she throws it around the house and tries to somehow break the biscuit :p