PDA

View Full Version : Akkk MOVING

Corinna
04-24-2005, 09:40 AM
Wel I get to now experance all the "FUN" of moving after 11 years. and trying to find a place with 3 dogs,3cats and 1 rabbit. We will be staying for a month or so with our daughter and son in law.I will have about an hour each way to work. But I'm sure it won't be for long. The dogs will enjoy the ranch I'm sure. I will be checking from the library computer every now and then as she has no internet out there. If any one wants to write snail mail it is now Po box 175
Columbia Falls, MT 59912-0175
I will be out of the house by monday the1st

Laura's Babies
04-24-2005, 10:22 AM
I HATE moving! Just the thought of it makes me tremble! I am one of those that just don't like things to change.

K & L
04-24-2005, 10:44 AM
Good luck Corinna! Hope you settle in your new place soon!

Cataholic
04-24-2005, 11:08 AM
Good luck with moving! Remember, this, too, shall pass.

cookieluver7
04-24-2005, 11:31 AM
Good luck moving!!!

luvofallhorses
04-24-2005, 11:32 AM
Good luck on moving :D

lizbud
04-24-2005, 12:09 PM
Best of luck with the move. Hope you all find a bigger & better
place that you just fall in love with.:D Hang in there.

Karen
04-24-2005, 12:16 PM
My only tip is to label everything. I thought I put the silverware in a good, obvious place last time we moved .... suffice it to say we ate with "clear cutlery" (plastic silverware) for a few months. Also my genius tip: Pack all your clean dishes in layers of paper towel. The dishes stay clean, unlike packing them in newspapers, and you always needs tons of paper towel when moving into a new place - it's good for wiping down new shelves as you unpack the dishes to put on them!

chocolatepuppy
04-24-2005, 12:29 PM
Good luck, moving usually isn't much fun. We bought this house 11 years ago and we swear we'll never move again! :D

RedHedd
04-24-2005, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Karen
My only tip is to label everything. Also my genius tip: Pack all your clean dishes in layers of paper towel. The dishes stay clean, unlike packing them in newspapers, and you always needs tons of paper towel when moving into a new place - it's good for wiping down new shelves as you unpack the dishes to put on them! Good ideas! I'm moving too - temporarily to an apartment upstairs while they retrofit my apartment. It feels good to throw out junk I haven't used in years! I've lived here 26+ years and the only time I've had to "move" was from room to room while they did post-Loma Preita earthquake repairs.

I'm doing it one day at a time (they gave me a 32-day notice) and one room at a time. I, too, know that this too shall pass and then I'll have a freshly painted and safe new/old apartment.

AmberLee
04-24-2005, 06:20 PM
{{{Corinna}}}

Moving is SUCH a pain. Hang in there.

Corinna
04-24-2005, 06:27 PM
Thanks for all the support and tips. I have gotten good at moving before this we moved about ever year. I learned not to over fill book boxes:D I have 3 rooms done only 2 more for me to do.
Tim has the shop and basement.

buckner
04-24-2005, 07:30 PM
I consider you very lucky. I've never moved, or at least remembering. The last time I moved was when I was 3 months old. I can't wait to move out of here and start my life. However, I know you've already started yours. ;)

Hopefully there's not too much chaos in the process of moving for you. I hope it all goes well and you enjoy your new place. Good luck, and check in as often as you can! I can see it now - you'll be visiting the library several times a day. ;)

delidog
04-24-2005, 08:19 PM
Oh Corinna,
Good Luck with your Move...
Are you moving out of Montana????
I didn't know you were planning on moving??? Any Particular Reason??
Just be Organized....Pack One Room at a Time...Sounds Like you are already doing this

Please Keep in Touch when you can!!!

Corinna
04-24-2005, 11:53 PM
No visits will be only a couple times a week as Iam working full time now. Girl you'll enjoy moving in to your ownplace but only once then it gets old . I'm too old for all this stuff.

No we arn't leaving Montana. I just have to find a house close by. Luckly my daughter and her hubby have room at the ranch they caretake for. But it now will take me about an hour to get to work.