PDA

View Full Version : Ack! Paxil exploded!!! ;)

Glacier
04-23-2005, 08:13 PM
Paxil exploded in the livingroom! At least it looks like she did!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/new%20camera%20dogs/paxfur.jpg
Her coat let go seemingly overnight. That's the loose fur off one side of her! I don't understand how a dog who spends most of her day inside gets such a dense winter coat! She sleeps for up to 10 hours at a time right beside the wood stove!! I don't know how she stands the heat!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/new%20camera%20dogs/pax_yawn.jpg
Getting groomed is tiring!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/new%20camera%20dogs/paxil.jpg
Don't worry, Mom. I still have lots of fur!

chocolatepuppy
04-23-2005, 08:17 PM
Good heavens! You could stick some legs and a head on that pile of fur and have another dog!!! :D

finn's mom
04-23-2005, 08:18 PM
Geez, it looks like a cat all sprawled out! :D

LeahMM
04-23-2005, 08:19 PM
That same thing happened to me last spring. Niki my Border Collie blew her under coat. I thought for sure I was going to comb her bald. She sure did look thin for a while. LOL

flamepony12
04-23-2005, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by chocolatepuppy
Good heavens! You could stick some legs and a head on that pile of fur and have another dog!!! :D

I agree! :D hehe! :p

lizbud
04-23-2005, 08:36 PM
I am absolutely in love with this face.:D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/new%20camera%20dogs/paxil.jpg

Corinna
04-23-2005, 09:20 PM
OOOOO a big pile of fiber, spin spin I see a sweater or hat.

PJ's Mom
04-23-2005, 09:29 PM
Pretty Paxil! :)

At least she doesn't seem to hold a grudge. ;)

LuvGold00
04-23-2005, 09:52 PM
Wow, look at all that coat! And to think you still have LOTS more! Lucky Mom! ;)

Oggyflute
04-23-2005, 09:54 PM
Wow, and thats going to happen to all your kids.:eek: Paxil looks very demure with her new look .:)

anna_66
04-24-2005, 07:14 AM
Woah! She looks neked;)
Hugs to you you cutie pie Paxil!

Sudilar
04-24-2005, 07:31 AM
Welcome to my world. Being a German Shedder owner, I can't even pet Shiloh without a handful of hair in my hand and a bunch on the floor!!! :D

BTW, Paxil is gorgeous!!!!!

dukedogsmom
04-24-2005, 08:40 AM
That is unreal!! Have you ever considered sending some of that fur to Corinna to make into yarn? I would love to have some yarn made from my favorite Husy, Earle. Duke sheds but not like that :eek: I'm trying to get enough saved up to send to her so I can make a blanket and have some of his fur yarn in it. Wouldn't it be neat to make a blanket from all the dogs of PT? Some would probably think it's weird but since I'm into crochet, I think it would be cool.

cyber-sibes
04-24-2005, 11:02 AM
WOW:eek: That's an explosion alright! Paxil looks so cute! Thinner, but cute!
If you don't mind my asking, what kind of grooming tools do you use on your dogs? I've tried rakes & pin brushes, but they just don't seem to do much when it comes to pulling out that undercoat. I end up hand-picking most of it out. Sure would be nice to have a tool that worked!

Glacier
04-24-2005, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Have you ever considered sending some of that fur to Corinna to make into yarn? I would love to have some yarn made from my favorite Husy, Earle. Wouldn't it be neat to make a blanket from all the dogs of PT? Some would probably think it's weird but since I'm into crochet, I think it would be cool.

I could certainly send some to Corinna! I have a beautiful sweater that she made from English Sheepdog fur. It's amazing.

I have a friend in Ontario who I send some to every spring. She made me a hat out of their fur last winter. It's the warmest hat I own. It's got to be -25C before I even consider putting it on!

From the looks of it, I'll have more than enough to send 2 parcels! Hmm, what would I write on that customs form??:p

Glacier
04-24-2005, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by cyber-sibes

If you don't mind my asking, what kind of grooming tools do you use on your dogs? I've tried rakes & pin brushes, but they just don't seem to do much when it comes to pulling out that undercoat. I end up hand-picking most of it out. Sure would be nice to have a tool that worked!

I have an undercoat rake. It is about 4 inches wide with two rows of metal bristles. I ended up buying a more expensive one from a groomer supply place cuz the cheaper ones just didn't work at all!

Dixieland Dancer
04-24-2005, 01:35 PM
OK... I'm putting in my order! I'll have one Paxil sweater to go, please in a size XL! :D There's enough fur on the ground to make one!!! ;) I agree with Anna... Paxil is Neded! LOL

luvofallhorses
04-24-2005, 01:54 PM
What a pretty dog :)