PDA

View Full Version : Say a prayer for Samantha...

Samantha Puppy
04-23-2005, 04:20 PM
(Parts of this cross-posted from Cats General)

I don't know if anyone's noticed, but I haven't been around for quite awhile. The beginning of this month, I was dealt a pretty big blow at work and I've been taking time to "lick my wounds", so to speak.

Well, I've been down in the dumps for about 3 weeks now. It's been weird - I've had "down" times before, but never have I felt quite like this. I think it's because not only did work affect those 40 hours a week, it was also affecting our (mine and Josh's) future plans - family plans, etc. It's bad enough when you hate your job and you have to deal with it for 40 hours a week but when it affects you at home and is affecting your future, it's a billion times worse.

Josh has been great though, trying to do everything he can think of to cheer me up. "Little Shop of Horrors" is in town and he knows I love that play (he hates theatre, especially that show) so he got us tickets to see it next weekend. He's been supplying me with a steady stream of Wendy's chicken nuggets (because as I've stated before, it is no secret that they are laced with crack - they're SO addictive). But today... today he topped it all.

We had to go to the new PetSmart down the street to return something I'd gotten for Samantha. He wanted to look at the fish tanks (he can't wait to start an aquarium) and I wanted to show him an adorable calico kitty that was there a couple days ago. She was gone, but there were two little 8 week old black and white girl kitties who were absolutely adorable. Of course everyone was crowded around them and they were shy and hiding... until I went up and put my finger on the glass. They both put their paws up to "touch" mine. I about melted right then and there. I turned around and (almost jokingly) said "Ohhhhh, they're so cute! Can we take them home?" FULLY EXPECTING HIM TO SAY "YEAH RIGHT" and drag me out to the car. Instead, he smiled at me and said, "You owe me so big!"

My mouth dropped. I told him that we couldn't afford it and that's when he laid the big one on me. "I was waiting for the right time to tell you but I guess this'll do. John <his boss> gave me a HUGE bonus and is doubling my salary. We can afford it and I can tell there is something there, why else would they be shy with everyone else but reach out and touch you?" So there he stood, Mr. "I-hate-cats", convincing ME that we COULD take them!!

So here we are, back home... with four cats :eek: and one poor dog who doesn't know what hit her. Kirin and Sushi have hissed at the girls a couple times but they've hissed right back (they've got the brother-sister routine down pat already!). No one's gotten physical, so I'm assuming the hissing is just them figuring out who's the boss and all that. They're not too sure of Samantha, but aside from pouncing at them a couple times (trying to play), she's been AWESOME with them. Even so...

Pray for my poor Samantha puppy... she's now an official "cat herder", in charge of keeping four kitties in check! She's handling it really really well though - the babies are jumpy and hates when she barks, but she's actually kept that to a minimum. She's a trooper, allowing two more kitties into her house, although I think she thinks Mommy and Daddy have gone off the deep end.

Samantha Puppy
04-23-2005, 04:21 PM
One of the babies on Daddy, with Sushi having jumped in the carrier to check everything out.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid165/p589635859e1562a4100767dc035f1661/f4609122.jpg

How many kitties do you see in this picture?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid165/p688cd2142691f242e0a0402536edc23a/f46090f4.jpg

How 'bout now?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid165/p3229dc545517f813d9280d28ec347b0c/f46090de.jpg

Kimi.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid165/p949262753a77a87334862a77a5b001f2/f460910c.jpg

Little girls...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid165/pef316404b1845b7d7fb8fe826761b6a2/f46090d3.jpg

Kimi climbing, Amaya watching
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid165/pb4866367d1de055df95fb3233f582c15/f46090cb.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid165/p62f1ad0013a2be09f23cd6a6c4770652/f46090ab.jpg

That's all for now!

finn's mom
04-23-2005, 04:26 PM
Holy kittens! Look at that! Wow, congratulations to you and your husband on the new members of your family. Congrats to him for obviously kicking butt at his job and having a boss that can acknowledge and reward, that's so rare! Those photos made me smile so big! YAY, kitties. I'll be praying for Samantha, but, I'm sure she'll be fine! :)

shais_mom
04-23-2005, 05:07 PM
What adorable babies!!!
How awesome!
Prayers for you and Samantha and congratulations to the babies!

Cincy'sMom
04-23-2005, 05:13 PM
And here I was afraid something was wrong with Samantha!!

Congrats on the new additions!! They are adorable!!

KYS
04-23-2005, 05:20 PM
Congratulations on your new family members. :D

catnapper
04-23-2005, 05:24 PM
Nicki sends her condollences to Samantha! ;) Sounds like she's being a real trooper, and the addition of two kitties will be smoothed out in no time.

Tollers-n-Dobes
04-23-2005, 08:50 PM
I'm glad theres nothing seriously wrong with her, you had me worried for a minute lol. Congrat's on the 2 new additions, they're adorable:D I hope you start to feel better soon. Now you need to get Sam a doggy friend so she doesn't feel as out numbered:p

Lexi_Lover
04-23-2005, 09:07 PM
OMGosh! I haven't seen you around FOREVER! :D I'll send prayers for Sam! She must be struggling over there! :p Ohh...poor girl! CONGRATS on the new kitties though! You had me SO scared when you had that title, glad to see she didn't get hurt! PHEW, my heart is all good now!

Hope you can cheer up soon, PT can help! And I'm glad to see that Josh is being SO good to you! :D

-Paula and THE CREW

LuvGold00
04-23-2005, 09:58 PM
CONGRATS!!!!!!!

What wonderful news, I'm so happy for you. :) I'll be thinking of Samantha, I bet she'll love being the Kitty guard....

rizzy
04-23-2005, 10:31 PM
Oh my goodness! They are so adorable!! Its been a long time since I have seen kittens. How precious! Congradulations, and I'll pray for Samantha. I am glad they are getting along pretty well.:D

Samantha Puppy
04-24-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Orangutango
Now you need to get Sam a doggy friend so she doesn't feel as out numbered:p LOL

I drug my Josh out grocery shopping with me today and to get to the store we go to, we have to pass the new PetSmart. I asked him if we could just stop in (that's what I said Friday night - "I only need to return this one thing and then we'll go") and mentioned visiting the puppy side. For some reason, he didn't go for it!

We can't have another dog anyway. Samantha loves being the only dog in the house. When we had that puppy this past summer for a few days, all Samantha did was mope and sulk. :( It broke my heart to see my happy, bouncy girl with her ears down and tail between her legs skulking around the house. As soon as that puppy went out the door though - she perked right up! (Brat!) Oh well... I'll live vicariously through other people who have multiple pups!

CagneyDog
04-24-2005, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
LOL

I As soon as that puppy went out the door though - she perked right up! (Brat!)

LOL.

Congratulations on your knew additions. Any more pictures of 'em!?